Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
mk4_hud_info - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Addons & Mods (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: mk4_hud_info (/showthread.php?tid=2152)

Pages: 1 2

mk4_hud_info - mikey - 01-08-2012

This addon does numerous things:
- Show unit's number and name for people in your group above their head
- Shows the group's name and person's name if you're looking at someone who's not in your group
- Shows who is sitting where in your vehicle
- Shows who is entering or leaving your vehicle

The addon is feature complete, but still in beta. Known issues are:
- The team colors can be a bit too bright. I need input on the colors or even your preferred color codes.
- The name tags tend to move around a bit when the vehicle you're in banks or pitches alot.

[youtube]8tpZuzSKQsU[/youtube]

Usage:
----------
This addon is tied to the visibility of the command bar, which is usually made visible by pressing the spacebar.

Requirements:
-------------------
Extended Eventhandlers (CBA)

Download:
--------------
Here

Re: mk4_hud_info - stoops417 - 01-08-2012

Download link is displaying the .PBO in text format instead of downloading the actual file.

Re: mk4_hud_info - kenwort - 01-08-2012

(01-08-2012, 05:30 AM)Stoops417 link Wrote: Download link is displaying the .PBO in text format instead of downloading the actual file.

right click on link > save link as...

Re: mk4_hud_info - mikey - 01-08-2012

Hey stoops. Do it like how kenwort says. Also since you used a earlier version of this addon, you no longer need the mk4_hud_core addon for this to work.

Re: mk4_hud_info - stoops417 - 01-08-2012

(01-08-2012, 02:51 PM)Kenwort link Wrote: right click on link > save link as...

I remember now, I think I have to use IE instead of Firefox since there is no Save As when I right click it currently

Re: mk4_hud_info - Rund - 01-21-2012

I'm using this now and I love it. However, I use it in combination with Blakes PRadar (see other thread here), because he has the awesome name-under-commandbar thingies. However I like the nametags above the players of this addon much more (and they dont go trough walls like blake's do).
So my question is: can you somewhat steal blake's idea (ask him nicely maybe or even collaborate Smile ) and put the names under the command bar too (and only when the player is leader of a group)? Then we would have the perfect all-in-one hud mod!

Re: mk4_hud_info - mikey - 01-21-2012

Well, I was already kinda planning on removing the existing "leader HUD" in arma, and make my own. It would look quite similar to shacktac's ft_hud group list, but just more useful and it would show the selected units as well. Unfortunately I got kinda sidetracked by other addons, like the teamcolors thing and map drawing, but I'll put the list addon on a bit of a higher priority since people do keep asking for it  Wink

mk4_hud_info - Variable - 01-21-2012

I'm in support of rund's request!
Are you planning to release that briefing map drawing tool?

Re: mk4_hud_info - Variable - 03-12-2012

Addon released front page on Armaholic!

Re: mk4_hud_info - Rund - 03-12-2012

Is this an updated version, or just an announcement of the old one?

Re: mk4_hud_info - Variable - 03-12-2012

(03-12-2012, 10:09 PM)rundll.exe link Wrote: Is this an updated version, or just an announcement of the old one?
Just an announcement.

Re: mk4_hud_info - wolfenswan - 03-17-2012

could you add a check to the addon to disable it in adversarials (as for example instantviewdistance does)?

Re: mk4_hud_info - mikey - 03-17-2012

You mean a global variable so you can disable the addon? (I'm not familiar with instant VD)

I can do that, I was planning on polishing a few things anyway in this addon.

Re: mk4_hud_info - wolfenswan - 03-17-2012

as far as I know IVD checks for the variable gameType that's set at the beginning of the description.ext and disables itself if it's anything besides COOP.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#header

Re: mk4_hud_info - mikey - 03-18-2012

But why would you want to prevent the usage of the addon during a pvp? Afaik the addon does make sure to not show a tag or vehicle info when you look at an unfriendly object :

Code:
if ( ((side player) getFriend (side cursorTarget)) > 0.6 ) then

Tbh I'd hate it if I couldn't use my addon in non-coops, but if you can show me a good reason for it then I'll consider it. If however you want to disable the addon on a per mission basis, then here is a way how to:
Code:
mk4_HUD_fDrawTags = {false};

Put that in your init.sqf and it should break my addon.