Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Addons & Mods (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 (/showthread.php?tid=2338)

Pages: 1 2

All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - doveman - 04-09-2013

Looks interesting.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152706-All-in-Arma-(AiA)-TKOH-OA-A2-A1-merge-with-A3

Re: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - Variable - 04-09-2013

Indeed! How far are we from playing all our remaining Arma 2 missions in Arma 3?

Re: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - Alwarren - 04-09-2013

Well, for one thing it does not have the units; all units are replaced with Arma 3 units.

I tried it here, and I couldn't really get it to work. It was a mixture of old and new GUI, and a complete and utter mess. I don't really understand that kju put this up at this early stage. I might have made a mistake installing it, but if I didn't, then this is unusable.

Re: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - doveman - 04-09-2013

Did you get all three downloads, AllInArma_DATE_VERSION.7z,  AiA_Languagecore.7z and LoadAfterA3Data_C_PvPscene.pbo? I missed one the first time.

Other than that, you just need to put them all in @AllInArma/addons except the AiA_Languagecore.7z which needs to be extracted to @AllInArma/addons/dta and then make sure that @AllInArma is last in your modline and make sure that A3 is using the dev branch in Steam.

You probably did it all correctly though and as you say it's early days for this project Smile

Re: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - Alwarren - 04-09-2013

Yeah, I did all that. It still didn't work for me. Have you tried it?

Re: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - doveman - 04-09-2013

(04-09-2013, 10:57 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:Yeah, I did all that. It still didn't work for me. Have you tried it?

I haven't even got A3 yet  ;D

Re: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - Alwarren - 04-10-2013

Oh, right
(Get iiiit!)

Re: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - Anthropoid - 04-10-2013

Victor gifted me A3 and so far I'm not getting in to it.

Do you guys feel it seriously is a "better" game? Or is it just that "it shows lots of long-term potential at this early Alpha stage?"

Re: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - Variable - 04-10-2013

Definitely not better, yet.

Re: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - Alwarren - 04-10-2013

It lacks content. Severely lacks content. The few units that are included are hardly enough to make interesting missions (example: It misses a simple truck or infantry carrier for mobility, static defenses, etc). Stratis is, in general, a boring island with little to no striking locations. I like the little town on the western coast, but that is basically it.

There are issues with the running speed, lack of sun glare, and other obvious flaws that have been mentioned elsewhere.

However, and that is a big however, it isn't a game. Yet. It can do a few things that games usually do, but it is like playing Minecraft with only dirt blocks. You shouldn't wonder when all houses you build look like dirt. There is a lot of promise, and I like the fact that modding has become easier at least for someone like me that makes weapon addons. It needs work though. It shows great promise.

We just need to be wary that the Cod-Kids don't fuck it up. I play around with it because I want to find these flaws and report them. Once the avalanche is moving, it's too late for the pebbles to vote (extra bonus pad on the back if anyone can name the TV show that quote comes from ^^) (don't cheat!)

Re: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - Alwarren - 04-11-2013

Just tried the latest version of All in Arma, and it continues to be a mess. It's easier to set up since it now comes in a single package and with a batch file to start, but still, the GUI is a mxiture of Arma 2, ToH and Arma 3, editor is hardly usable, nothing works... I'll wait for Sakura_Chan's island mods and ignore the rest. just importing this will not work I think.

Re: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - doveman - 04-12-2013

Thanks for the update. Guess just having the islands will be quite good.

Re: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - Anthropoid - 04-12-2013

It does reflect rather well on the maturity of both the developers and the user community though that they have had the courage and calm to release it as an alpha and in what the clearly vital and talented veteran user community will recognize as being unfinished.

If they tried to do that with something like a Paradox strategy title or say a Bethesda shooter/rpg title, they would have such a shit storm of whining and over-the-top drama queens on their forums that they'd probably have to shut them down!  ;D

Seems to me their track record and the community that has coalesced around their games is a pretty strong indication that it will eventually be a fantastic game, worthy of the series and likely capable of carrying over much of the content from the previous games. It is really rather amazing that these older versions are more or less fully accessible using mods like CWR and CAA and that major mods like ACE expand Arma into essentially a different game.

Re: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - Alwarren - 04-15-2013

Okay, new round with All in Arma. After kju confirmed that the GUI should look okay, I assumed it must be something on my side or my installation, and tried it again with the Steam versions of Arma 2 and Arrowhead. Still didn't work.

However, I then tried to install and launch it via Play With Six, and there it works. Amazingly enough, I was able to play an old mission of mine without much issues - there are a few kinks left, but nothing too game-breaking.

So I will have to say that it was my fault it didn't work. I haven't figured out what it was, maybe because I use My Documents for Addons, not the Arma 3 directory itself, but using Play WithSix worked and it does what it advertises... If it goes on like this, it might be able to replace Arma 2 at least for some missions.

Re: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - Variable - 04-15-2013

(04-15-2013, 09:14 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:If it goes on like this, it might be able to replace Arma 2 at least for some missions.
Oh my god... The possibilities!!!