Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Addons & Mods (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 (/showthread.php?tid=2338)

Pages: 1 2

Re: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - GG-Viktor Reznov - 04-19-2013

thomsonb - Flashpoint missions  ALL SP variations work. Havent tested MP version as  it has been tornado bait all week

SPZub Works you just cant change your weapon, ever. Also because of number of factions present, everything is Iranian.

I'll play more missions when I get a chance, in a more organized fashion if need be.

As for replace-ability.... A3 ai is a bit [sub]A lot[/sub] shit in my opinion. There is a massive difference playing with asr +tpw/ zeu in a2 and then playing a3.  Especially with the current bug that makes the ai hesitant to engage past 125m.

As it stands right now a3 ai is  basically bad COD ai.  Fire a couple of shots to let them know where you are, set ambush, watch them rage charge  1 by 1 your position.

Re: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - Anthropoid - 05-15-2013

(04-19-2013, 04:59 AM)GG-Viktor Reznov link Wrote:thomsonb - Flashpoint missions  ALL SP variations work. Havent tested MP version as  it has been tornado bait all week

SPZub Works you just cant change your weapon, ever. Also because of number of factions present, everything is Iranian.

I'll play more missions when I get a chance, in a more organized fashion if need be.

As for replace-ability.... A3 ai is a bit [sub]A lot[/sub] shit in my opinion. There is a massive difference playing with asr +tpw/ zeu in a2 and then playing a3.  Especially with the current bug that makes the ai hesitant to engage past 125m.

As it stands right now a3 ai is  basically bad COD ai.  Fire a couple of shots to let them know where you are, set ambush, watch them rage charge  1 by 1 your position.

And that with prettier graphics and a few new play features is an "improvement?"

*sigh* the shift to eye candy "form" over function in gaming seems to be universal.

Re: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - Alwarren - 05-15-2013

As much as I hate to use this phrase, but: It's an Alpha. It isn't even a game yet. I don't know how long any of you guys have stayed with Arma II, but I can tell you that the AI in Arma II 1.01 was utter crap, even though it is the third game in the series.

The Dev build actually already has a lot of improvements.

Re: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - Anthropoid - 05-15-2013

(05-15-2013, 03:44 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:As much as I hate to use this phrase, but: It's an Alpha. It isn't even a game yet. I don't know how long any of you guys have stayed with Arma II, but I can tell you that the AI in Arma II 1.01 was utter crap, even though it is the third game in the series.

The Dev build actually already has a lot of improvements.

Fair enough. I suppose if they build it with the pretties and then the good AI follows that is good.

Re: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - TonyMarony - 05-24-2013

I tested AIA with the mission whole lotta war and it ran fairly snooth. Still lots of bugs with sound and vehicles, but the main thing is running! Amazing enough so far. But for serious gaming it still takes a lot of work i would guess. Right now it is at least great fun to see the arma2 content running in A3. BTW, i used six updater to make it installing the addons etc and this worked fine :-).

I started the 100 days campaign and it did work also (at least for the first few minutes of playing the first mission). So i think they solved a lot of issues compared to compatibility problems.

Re: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - Varanon - 05-24-2013

(05-24-2013, 11:31 AM)Fat Tony link Wrote:I tested AIA with the mission whole lotta war and it ran fairly snooth.

Yeah, it's pretty good already. I even consider doing a "HD Edition" of our previous mission packs so they work flawlessly with AiA (HD Editions being so en vogue these days)

Re: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - ck-claw - 11-20-2013

Anyone else tried this lately? been plenty of fixes/improvements!  Smile

All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - Variable - 11-21-2013

Not yet myself. How far is the day that we will simply play our Arma 2 missions in an Arma 3 environment?

Re: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - Alwarren - 11-21-2013

(11-21-2013, 10:18 AM)Variable link Wrote:Not yet myself. How far is the day that we will simply play our Arma 2 missions in an Arma 3 environment?

Not all the addons work, and things like Armor for example doesn't work at all in AiA. These limits are, however, not fixable without BIS releasing the MLODs, so kju can't do anything about them.

I don't think AiA will replace Arma 2. When/if BIS releases the MLODS, I hope someone ports over the stuff in a decent, organized manner, and also imports the islands. I wish it was otherwise.

Re: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - kenwort - 12-06-2013

Best scenario would be for BIS to simply release it as a DLC! "Back to Cherno" or something like that Smile

Re: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - Varanon - 12-06-2013

(12-06-2013, 11:37 AM)Kenwort link Wrote:Best scenario would be for BIS to simply release it as a DLC! "Back to Cherno" or something like that Smile

Well, they just released all the assets (models, textures, sounds etc) of all previous Arma games, so expect mods to show up soon

Re: All in Arma (AiA) - TKOH/OA/A2/A1 merge with A3 - alias - 05-27-2014

You can test AiA on VforVictory servers if you want to. No other mods required. Most things work pretty well, but be aware with launchers and helicopters, i didn't test everything tho.