Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
co11_oa_NuratNight.Takistan - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Mission Releases (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: co11_oa_NuratNight.Takistan (/showthread.php?tid=2349)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: co11_oa_NuratNight.Takistan - GG-Viktor Reznov - 04-30-2013

Played all afternoon yesterday and forgot to ask... Can I depbo your mission? Want to check a script or 2. Smile

co11_oa_NuratNight.Takistan - Variable - 04-30-2013

Anthropoid, first of all, I had good fun on Sunday with your mission. The enemy gave a good fight, the reinforcements were timed smartly, and it was fun to play.

Few comments:
1) You chose the force recon units for the mission, who wear forest camouflage uniforms. Was that on purpose? Actually, I liked it. It gave a special feeling for the mission although the units may seem out of place.

2) I think it could have been better if we were split to two teams. That would encourage a more tactical approach.

3) The briefing is WAAAY too long for this type of mission. Keep it simple and short. Don't take example from some missions authors we know...

4) I think you need to check the extraction chopper. We were all inside, it didn't take off and I don't think it was about to. If you want I can send you a Sander's demonstration mission of helicopter extraction to see how it's done.

Good job!

Re: co11_oa_NuratNight.Takistan - kutya - 04-30-2013

I liked the mission too.

Re: co11_oa_NuratNight.Takistan - GG-Viktor Reznov - 04-30-2013

Sounds + Custom loading screen

file:///C:/Users/RawkStawR/Documents/How%20to%20add%20custom%20sounds%20in%20your%20game%20missions.htm

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=17797

Re: co11_oa_NuratNight.Takistan - Anthropoid - 05-09-2013

Ah, thanks for the feedback guys! Good suggestions Variable, and I agree with them all. The FR guys were not a great fit for the mission but, ah well. Mainly I just wanted to use units that I know pretty well, that are vanilla and just get something 'done.'

I downloaded the mission off armaholic today and realized that the version that is up there is actually an earlier version that is a lot easier than the final version. The final had slightly different units, and all squad and team leaders had NVGs. This made it substantially more challenging when Viktor and I played it with lots of AI.

However, the one that is uploaded to armaholic has an extraction that does seem to work; I managed to play it completely today. As such, I think I'm gonna call this mission a basic success and move on to the next one or two . . . I got a SAS Programmer class in Manhattan on June 3 and another one June 10 and then hopefully I'll be ready to take the certificate exam later this summer and start making the big bucks . . . but between then and now I'm intending to indulge heavily in Arma and some mission making.

I have been playing a lot of ACE stuff (mostly solo, though I am trying to hook up with this one group who play War in Takistan pretty regularly) and I _really_ like all the stuff which that conversion adds to the game.

Morever, I have this idea that I'm quite keen on for a series of 3 missions (perhaps more) that would use ACE and would have the players playing the role of Takistani 'insurgents' fighting against BLUFOR (primarily US but possible some other ones mixed in for variety) I'd like to make the series fit within Armaverse canon but I honestly don't know much about it.  The basic idea is that a situation something like Iraq ca. 2005 is in effect; the Western Coalition has defeated the Takistani army and resistance to the occupiers is nearly defeated. The players start their 'campaign' to take back Takistan with extremely limited resources (something like the beginning of your mission that we played the other night Variable) and the objectives for the first couple missions will be to simply secure some proper weaponry and avoid getting killed by the extremely well-armed BLUFOR forces.

I would like to make the mission using pretty much all the added content that is included in the CiA Friday night special set, as there are a LOT of very cool weapons in that set. RH_pistol and RH_SMG would also be required but I need to make sure I'm using the most up-to-date versions of those for ACE. I think it would take at least three missions to tell the story I'd like to tell, but probably more like 5 or 7. But I don't want to bite off more than I can chew . . .

Re: co11_oa_NuratNight.Takistan - Variable - 05-09-2013

Sounds ambitious Anthropoid, good luck with it. I recommend using real world terms - 'Iraq', or 'Pakistan' or 'Afghanistan' instead of Takistan, Al Qaeda or Taliban instead of "Takiban". The Armaverse is not immersive as the real world is and the fact that it will say on the mission file 'Takistan' shouldn't bother you.
Also make sure to use a minimal set of addons. Remember that the more addons you use, the less people will play your mission.

Good luck!