Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
co05_SlamBang.Bystrica - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Mission Releases (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: co05_SlamBang.Bystrica (/showthread.php?tid=2366)

co05_SlamBang.Bystrica - Anthropoid - 05-17-2013

This little mission is the result of about 1 hour of placing units, waypoints, triggers and markers on the map (I just kinda randomly selected Bystrica as I don't know it at all); followed by about 6 or 8 hours of getting the syntax right so all the triggers fire and the mission will end. Might be a bit rough (e.g., no load screen image yet) and could even be a bit too hard. I have not played it through to the end (though I did use some fake radio triggers to make sure the Task Accomplished states fire and Mission Accomplished will fire.

Nice thing is, I now have a template for creating missions in ACE, which will come in handy for my planned "Mujahideen" series. Still kinda waiting to see if I can get a Farsi speaker to tell me if "Sheyr Wefadar" sounds retarded or not.

Another one of my objectives with this mission was to give players a bit of opportunity to make some use of the diverse explosives in ACE . . . seems to work well for that. I just love seeing shit blow up!  Smile

I think I fixed it so the healing is working right; initially I had turned off "Full Field Healing" and I think that might prevent Medics from having any real purpose . . . should've fixed that before I posted it but I just occurred to me as I was posting; Anyway, the version attached should be have full field healing activated now.

This mission requires:
ACE
ACE_X
ACE_RU
ACE_USN
CBA_(all)

Should be good with tpwcas and Zeus AI.

Re: co05_SlamBang.Bystrica - GG-Viktor Reznov - 05-17-2013

I was just about to post that I didnt see it. Big Grin  Fun Little mission during the testing will enjoy doing during a coop night!

Re: co05_SlamBang.Bystrica - Anthropoid - 05-17-2013

I'm curious if any of you guys who have made some Missions with ACE could point me to a good "how to" guide for using all the modules in ACE?

I know that the three advanced First Aid Modules in vanilla (Action; Battlefield Clearance; and Simulation) have to be synchronized to each playable character in order for them to have those abilities. And also I'm aware that, if you want the AI to be able to do it, they need their own copies of those modules linked to them too.

1. However, I'm not sure if it is a good idea or 'necessary' to use those modules with the Enable ACE Wounds module (I noticed from one ACE mission I de-pboed that that was the only module included and it was not synchronized like the vanilla ones, so that is how I have it set up in this mission).

2. Few other questions about modules but I think I'll probably be able to find answers online

Re: co05_SlamBang.Bystrica - Variable - 05-17-2013

Thanks Anthropoid! Mission up on the server. Mission name: co@05_ace_slam_bang.woodland_acr.pbo

Re: co05_SlamBang.Bystrica - Variable - 06-28-2013

Really loved the mission. One comment - the mission can really use some vehicles. I would add some civilian vehicles at the starting point and some Russian military vehicles in each town along the road.

Re: co05_SlamBang.Bystrica - Anthropoid - 07-05-2013

Ah cool that you liked it Smile

Taking a hiatus from Arma mission making for a while but will eventually get back and soup it up with some vehicles and civvies. Also want to continue my Sheerai Veffudahr series now that I know from Phantom what the problem was on the custom loadouts not loading.