Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Missions by Viktor Reznov - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Mission Making (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Missions by Viktor Reznov (/showthread.php?tid=2371)

Pages: 1 2

Missions by Viktor Reznov - GG-Viktor Reznov - 05-21-2013

Since Im currently on hold with my Dragovich must die, I think I will start my next set of missions.

These missions will be aimed at a small unit operations and should have general run time of 30minutes to 1hr. Though they may take longer depending on how cautious the players are.

I aim for 3 missions currently but may (will) expand on it.

This is pretty much influenced by the LIMA missions I played on ACE.

Just the right amount of difficulty and length.

[sub]anyone notice the ninja co7 edit[/sub]

Map for first 3 will be Hazar Kot. It is too beautiful to ignore. Then most likely Namalsk and Aliabad, though Aliabad reminds me a bit too much of Takistan. I need to explore it a bit more and get a feel for it.

I may ask questions in this thread but once my first mission is posted I would love it if this is moved to the "User Made Missions" section.

Should "Purity" be US Marines, US Army, Russian Army(will have to change name), BAF, or Czech(will have to change name)?

Note
  1. No special forces. These will be grunts through and through and will do things expected of small squad of grunts.
  2. Fancy Marine clothing with Binks
  3. Tier one is army
  4. RHS

Re: Purity Co6 Mission Pack - Anthropoid - 05-21-2013

Sounds like a good plan!

Having slammed out my "SlamBang" mission in under 8 hours total (6.5 of that being debugging) it seems like it should be possible to make some pretty decent quickie missions (though SlamBang might well take over an hour to play out).

Re: Purity Co6 Mission Pack - Variable - 05-21-2013

I welcome all missions where you FINALLY get to play OPFOR.

Re: Purity Co6 Mission Pack - Misha - 05-22-2013

Voted for russians becuase I hope to do some voice acting in russian accent.  Wink

Are you gonna use default russian units or maybe some pack, like [size=1em]RHS Russian Army which we'll add soon to the server?[/size]

Purity waned. 5/29/13 - GG-Viktor Reznov - 05-22-2013

Mission One - Purity Gained - Updated Version 1.2 Purity Waned Version 1.1 Final? Big Grin

General Overview - Russian Military squad call-sign "Purity aka ???????" is tasked to investigate reports of violence in Hazar Kedh.

Time - 0530 0440

Situation - There are vague rumours of small-scale genocide orchestrated by local militia and insurgent groups. The people of Libya are not exactly against our presence but against the presence of the refugees(and the scum that comes with them) illegally in their land and the number of refugees keeps increasing as the violence in Chad gets more gruesome.

Locale - South-Western Libya, Ghat District, Hazar Kot Valleys

Background - Relatively peaceful Libya is thrown in to turmoil because of unrest in neighbouring countries, specifically Chad. Chad remains plagued by political violence and recurrent attempted coups d'état. The situation has caused thousands of refugees to flood the southern districts of Libya, unfortunately, the local rebels are clashing with the incoming refugees and criminal elements.

Libyas' military, unfortunately, is in its infancy and can not cope with these issues at this time. Thus Libya has asked the Russia Federation to supplement its forces with training and border patrol. Russia has assigned 18th Independent Motor-Rifle Brigade to Ghat District and this is their story.

ROE - Since Libya's government is having trouble reigning in its' powerful independent militia under the banner of a united military, we have been authorized to engage them if they pose an operational threat. This also carries over to "civilians". Some civilians have been noted to tip off milita, insurgents, heck everyone to friendly positions. It is recommended to "try" and restrain said civilians but if under threat of life, lethal force is authorized.

** Ignore the improbability of them asking Russia Big Grin

Req Addons

RHS
Molation Army
MBG African Buildings
Green-Eyed Russian Women

Or just Play on CiA for all the good stuff Big Grin

** ToDo -Time of day, opfor numbers, investigate sync problems, intro text thingy, units at base too close a formation, better triggers, explain objective in more detail, Move units so will be AI compatible. remove gear from ambient civilian vehicles

Feedback - Ending trigger crashed clients? Fix markers

Purity Fallen - GG-Viktor Reznov - 05-28-2013

Mission Two - Purity tainted Fallen V.1 v 1.1

General Overview - Russian Team will conduct airborne snatch and grab operations in Daraz Gerd.

Special - Purity will be 2 men short as the LT and SGT are currently attached to -----  for -------. Team will be lead by Jnr Sgt.

Situation - Special operations teams have confirmed  the presence of one  Youssouf Imiogot in the area of Daraz Gerg. UAV flyovers have confirmed his presence to be in one of the southern buildings. Youssouf Imiogot is one of the primary leaders of the Chadian rebels, removing him will effectively remove the rebels from this area.

Locale - South-Western Libya, Ghat District, Hazar Kot Valleys

Time/date - June 28th  1950

Weather - Stormy, with a high possibility of a sandstorm.

Allies= Libyan BMP company is conducting "peace-keeping" operations in the region.

Background - Russian support has increased the stability of the area, though the 23rd is having an extreme resistance to the west in the Aliabad region. There are rumours that once this area is secured the 18th will be tasked with reinforcing the 23rd.

ROE - Civilian casualties are HEAVILY DISCOURAGED. Russian support has allowed the Chadian people to peacefully integrate into Libyan society. Killing them at this fragile time can ruin the current peace.

Specifics - 5 man inf. squad  2 Pilots.  Infantry squad will board Mi-24  and be  para-dropped onto LZ and conduct smash and grab, with aerial support from Mi-24.  They will then extract with HVT to LZ, be picked up by Mi-24  and taken back to Operational Headquarters for debriefing.

Call-signs : Infantry squad= Purity  Mi-24= Krok  HQ= Hammer FOB= Sickle HVT= Nail

TO fix -- Trigger Enhance Hind experience.
--- update  june 13th ---

Learned some new things in the past week that has unfortunately pushed back the rerelease of this mission. The good news? I expect it to run 30percent faster, look more like a sandstorm,  and not need the pitch blackness.  ETA ~ 20th -23rd of June

Re: Purity Co7 Mission Pack - Variable - 05-30-2013

I'd be able to help after coop night. Should be able to stay up late due to the switch to Thursday!!!

Re: Purity Co7 Mission Pack - Variable - 06-02-2013

Uploaded! Happy birthday!

Re: Purity Co7 Mission Pack - Variable - 06-10-2013

I love this mission. Tamika rules!
Will update when I'm back home.

Re: Purity Co7 Mission Pack - Variable - 06-13-2013

Thanks! Missions uploaded.

Re: Purity Co7 Mission Pack - Variable - 06-14-2013

Uploaded!

Re: Purity Co7 Mission Pack - GG-Viktor Reznov - 07-01-2013

Shockwave v1.1 Ready to go.

Beware the Bear v1.0 Ready to go

I will have my revenge!

Important Notes

In theory these missions are completable in single player but they were not designed or tested with that in mind. For optimal performance these missions should be ran on a dedicated server.

These missions are not my first attempts at mission making and I hope they are of sufficient quality to challenge and entertain any potential players.

I would appreciate any and all feedback as it allows me as a mission maker to get better.

The fog may bring some systems to their knees.

Because of the coop nature of these missions they are designed with no-revive game-play in mind; group respawn is available in case group lacks of human players.

Mission Background

co12_beware_the_bear
A US Army SF Squad will spearhead an attack on a Russian airbase in preparation of an attack on the Russian mainland.

co08_shockwave
A Russian SF team will raid a suspected terrorist training camp and search for any intel.

co08_missed_training
Two British SF teams will raid a US training facility and eliminate three US war criminals.

Requirements

@CBA

-co08_missed_training
Namalsk Island
Binkowski's Marines
Lingor Units
TF86 Seals

-co08_shockwave
Podagorsk Island
Armed Forces of the Russian Federation - RHSMOD

-co12_beware_the_bear
Podagorsk Island
Armed Forces of the Russian Federation - RHSMOD

Recommended mods to play with

JSRS
Asr_ai
Tpwcas

Known Issues
There may be the odd script error, will be ironed out in future releases. (No gameplay affected)

Scripts Used/ Credits

Fog script v1.62 Made by Rockhount[BAfH]
GL4 by SNKMAN *script version* - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?92269-Group-Link-4-Special-FX-Edition
Breath Script - Condensation to Units By Falcon (Original by tpw)
FHQTT- FHQ - http://friedenhq.org/

Special thanks to Phantom, FHQ'bros, CiA chaps, Outlawz, Kaylania(dont ask), and probably lots of others who I have forgotten to mention. My apologies. Sad

---As with most things in life, it is better with people of the same persuasion. CiAhome.net

Download Below!

Purity Co7 Mission Pack - Variable - 07-02-2013

Great! Will upload ASAP

Re: Purity Co7 Mission Pack - GG-Viktor Reznov - 07-08-2013

Update on Missed Training

When making this mission I made a critical mistake. This mission is intended to be played quite stealthily. Unfortunately I have over 100 enemy units in this mission. When making the mission I for some reason or another didnt think of the majority of the units as "active". They arent what I intended for the player and team to actually face.

Reality is a bitch.

Thanks to feedback from CiA I found a way to keep the "extra" units and pacify them.
-Nuked Lighthouse
-lowering the fog a bit.
-Give NVG's to Night Operator
-Remove backpacks... * I now realise the chances of the player finding my little secrets is quite slim*
-Script Error concerning weapons should be fixed.
-Add TPWHouseLights Script - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151320-tpw_houselights-automatic-house-lighting-for-Arma2-and-Arma3
A mistake I made.
-Reduce hearing range of AI
This update should be up within the hour and changes Missed Training from V1.1 to V1.2

Also note a slight change to my naming format from now on.
coNumberofplayers_title_Vversionnumber e.g. co08_missed_training_v12 
This is so one can easily tell what version of the mission they have.

Re: Purity Co7 Mission Pack - Variable - 07-08-2013

Viktor, can you somehow take out that damn lighthouse? It's so annoying I would have even spawn an LGB on it at the mission start just to get rid of it, if there's no other subtle way to turn it off.
About the naming format - the server always keep the last version of any given mission, the previous version is overwritten and the file name (and mission name) are kept the same throughout all versions. In order to provide version control, use the "mission description field to indicate the version number. This will allow you to view the version number on the upper left hand area when you select the mission in the server's mission selection screen.