Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: CIA Movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Kenwort

Hi!

So I wanted to start working on a zombie movie for ofp but the zombies were acting so gay that i stopped filming, now I'm thinking of making an MP movie for CIA, just to show that ofp community is still alive and actively playing ofp.
So maybe you are interested in doing some movie shots before or after the coop nights and if I could just play with you coops as an filmer (means that the missions is remade and I'm set as an captive so no body would shoot at me)

So are you interested?? Smile
I think this is a great idea! what scenes do you have in mind? I'm not sure how ofp filming works but can you use footage that was already been taken? If so, you might wanna have a look at Pulverizer's movie
A MP movie would be great. Pulverizers movie is nice. While we played Pulverizer's platoon mission yesterday I thought about how suitable this mission would be to capture some videos with confusing teamspeak chatter and whatnot...

Kenwort

Ok, so maybe we could organize saturday (8th april) movie night?
There's a chance I'll be working on Saturday, but at the moment, I'm free and will be happy too. However, we won't be able to get too many players if it's not on a coop night. how much time is it going to take? if not too long we could do it in the coop night's peak, around 21:00 CET, so we will get more than 10 players online.
Hi Lads,

with all respect for Pulvs work: The video doesnt reflect (in my opinion) the fine teamwork we have (often) on our coop games. Sure its not because Pulv is a bad team player (in fact hes as good as a guy like him could be - if you only show him the right direction  Big Grin). Its only hard to make a movie in which you can feel the teamwork. Captured videos often tend "to look like one man shows" like Llauma said once and i agree with him so far...

So maybe it would be nice if we can set up a "goal" what the result should look like (should it reflect the coop at all or should it just show some action or maybe something completely different - maybe something about the life the universe and the rest...?).

My further thoughts for this are:
Maybe it would be good to make some shots during a regular coop night, and add some special set scenes afterwards with only a few guys.
I guess it would be good to have not only one guy taking some scenes, so we can see some parts from different perspectives.

Kenwort, what are your thoughts to this? I guess you have more practise with this stuff, isnt it?  Wink

Greets

Tony
I think it should be possible to capture teamwork in a movie, but any planning can't hurt. As inspiration, here is an ancient short movie by llauma which leaves a nice impression.

Anyways, I won't be there on saturday, I have this big Quentin Tarentino themed party, any suggestions what to wear? Wink

Kenwort

Well I think we should make the movie so that it represents the team and the gameplay what I mean with that is to capture footage from more than one coops and in the end stick it together of course there would be some individual scenes like the team salutes standing in one line etc or with blackhawk pickup the team fast landing fast boarding and of course team movements.. etc..
Capture all this and then stick it together, of course we could make some funny stuff too to make people laugh in the middle (example: I think in FDF mod is the axe where you can run with it in your hands, we could play bennyhil show music and some one runs from a crazy axe man or so) and ofcourse I think TS talking should be  included aswell Smile
For the TS talking part we should ask sputnik to come over i guess  ;D

So which missions do you need to be changed and who can take this?

I think the misison with the druglord in Kolgujev is not a bad one for good teamplay imo.

Any more good (or lets say better) suggestions?

It will be hard to create the "coop feeling" without adding the Teamspeak chatter to the background, so I think it is indeed one of the most important aspects to be considered.

In one of lenin's missions you para drop on a rooftop, in cold escape you can para drop from that monstrous communication tower. Both scenes will be good to capture.

Kenwort

Yeah para dropping sounds good and I could film from ground with a sniper rifle so I could zoom in lets say with a m21 rifle and dxdll to remove the hud should work out nicely and of course some one would film the jump and parachuting from up air  8)
I think i can make some clips, because i have camtasia installed anyways. Is there something special i have to be aware technically (resolution, codec,etc)?

Kenwort

When filming turn off the hud with dxdll (app+u), filmt in the best quality as possible with the software you have though I recommend fraps, cuz it records in great quality and it records the sound too.
I have res 1280x800.
ok. I have filmed maybe 2 or three 30 seconds movies that maybe worth something. What do you want us to do with all the footage? I can send it via YouSendIt.com, is that ok?
I filmed about 20GB (I think it was four missions start to finish). But I had the HUD turned on because I couldn't shoot without it. Is that a problem?
Pages: 1 2 3