Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma2 Requirements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hello

Arma2 lagg at my computer like hell idk why.

my system

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+  2.80GHz
2GB Ram
Nvidia Geforce 8500GT 512mb

can anyone tell me why Arma2 dont stop to lagg ?

Make

You really should lower your graphics.
Arma2 is one of those games that reguire lot from computer.
I'd say it's the GFX card. Minimum recommended is 8800 or 4850. A faster CPU will not hurt either on missions with more AI.

But then I hear some people with crazy rigs like core i7, gtx295 and whatnot can experience the occassional lag spike too. I guess it's just the nature of the engine.
my settings are very low but it lags like hell if u want i can do a screenshot of the bad settings that i have
I play it on Athlon X2 5000+ 2.65 GHz
2 GB RAM
Radeon 4670 512 MBs
with everything on high/very high except grass on low and objects on normal (because there is next-to-none difference on the higher settings but it saves FPS) and 1.85 km viewdistance (setting it higher will of course gradually reduce FPS and there is also no point in setting it higher as you won't really see anything past 1km anyway). And it works pretty ok with slowdowns only in towns where FPS goes down to 12-15 which is actually still playable although with noticeable but not critical lags as I can easily aim and shoot. Many other games become not playable already at 20-25 which quite surprising for ArmA2.
someone know how to disable the Bloom effect ?
Hi to all! This is my first post on CiA Forums.  ;D

They say that we need:

Minimum System Requirements:
* Windows XP / Vista
* Dual-Core CPU
* 512 MB Ram
* Graphics card with 256 MB-VRam and Shader Model 3.0 support

Recommended System Requirements:
* Windows XP / Vista
* Quad-Core CPU
* 1 GB Ram
* Graphics card with 512 MB-VRam and Shader Model 3.0 support

I'm pretty sure that Minimum System Requirements will not do the job! We will need much stronger configuration if we want to play Arma2.  /I think that you need at last Radeon 4750 or something like that for lower resolutions ,and 2 Gigs of ram. Dual Core will do the job, but Quad will be better of course/. I think that Arma2 will be full of bugs like Arma in beggining, and it will need more optimization. We will have lots of patches to install like usual I guess...but let's see what will happen. I wish them best!

Anyone knows if Arma2 use DirectX10 or DirectX9?
DirectX9
Thank you. That's good coz I still can use Windows XP  Wink

Make

You could still use XP even if it would be dx10
Yeah, I know for that info. I just want to install one game who's support directX10 to see how it look's. OFP2 will support directX10, but I doubt that game will be something like Arma, Arma2 or regular OFP engine. BIS team doesn't work on that, but let's wait and see what's cooking in Codemasters.  Smile

Make

Install Crysis Wink
Roger that. I'll try that, and then back to good, old XP from Vista Ultimate.  Wink Thanks for the tip   Smile

If you install W7 you get DX11 Smile
whats new in W7 ?
Pages: 1 2 3