Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 3 is announced!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I guess China, India and Russia among with Brazil is a more dangerous opponent than Japan in the next century. A lot more people, and they are more hungry than Japanees.
Yeah... And I think japan is in condition to launch an assault anywhere. Will propably take atleast a decade for it to truly get back to its feet.

That was pretty much the first country to pop into my mind!   So no Japan hatred here! Smile

But then again, it might have pressure to expand if there is a big part of the island irradiated!
No one really knows!

Edit: I wonder when will they have real forest in the game. Like ones with moss and stuff!
Hmmm... I got a really bad feeling when I were going trough ARMA3's facebook page.

Weapon customization, gear customization, ultra modern gear that are not propably seen on any battlefield atleast in 10 years...

Ofcourse this is ok if they keep the the gear seen in todays conflicts. Then we can occasionally have fun with the Halo weapons and keep the focuse on the simulation. I hope they are not going any nearer to OFPBig GrinR.

Anyone else wants half of the time spent on graphics used for improving AI?

Edit: OH GOD.... Read the storyline on the arma3 homepage linked in the first post...
Cpt. Scott Miller is going to be lonely in MP ;D

I would much rater want BIS to spend a bit more time developing a proper server, than beautyfull underwater worlds or even more glossy gfx.
One thing missing from the games: The ability to shoot out of vehicles. This would be nice in A3

I put my all my black hawk down and generation kill knowledge here, but I think it's the standard procedure to keep weapons ready out of the windows of humwees..? And think about something like a jackal, that thing is so open it's almost ridiculous you can't shoot out from it... This would make the convoy missions a lot more exciting since half of the men don't just need to sit around doing nothing!
Totally agree Bubba. It only just MUST be an oversight from BIS, that they forgot to include this feature even in OFP. Show me the guy not able to fire a gun out of an old curtain-dressed open truck....

jäger

(06-25-2011, 01:44 AM)Bubba link Wrote:I put my all my black hawk down and generation kill knowledge here, but I think it's the standard procedure to keep weapons ready out of the windows of humwees..? And think about something like a jackal, that thing is so open it's almost ridiculous you can't shoot out from it... This would make the convoy missions a lot more exciting since half of the men don't just need to sit around doing nothing!

If there is space to handle and aim weapon it possible to do some damage. Like mounted MG in black hawk it is still operable no-mater what speed black hawk is going, but AKs inside Land Rover are unusable. MP5 is usable nearly inside of everything Wink
Hi guys,

back here, as I have found the ArmA3 thing in the net and then I watched this from E3: http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=1589&pk=18597
(08-10-2011, 07:24 PM)Lobanak link Wrote:Hi guys,

back here, as I have found the ArmA3 thing in the net and then I watched this from E3: http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=1589&pk=18597

It's nice how they fall dead to the ground.
I wonder how reviving will work with ragdoll deaths... If it goes the BIS style, U will die and fall and then suddenly "teleport" in to the reviving stance.
Would be a major improvement if they disable revive Smile
Remember that in A2 the revive-first-aid was/is not hard-coded into the game, merely an optional module in editor which many mission makers fancy. I too wouldn't mind if they'd leave it out completely. Or even better: introduce a more advanced wounds/self-medication system similar to ACE2 , which would be much more fun than any BIS or 3rd party revive scripts.

The A3 screenshots and videos look pretty good, nothing extraordinary though. Those highly polished graphics must be real resource eaters. The minimum requirements of Quad core / 2GB RAM / ATI 5770 or Nvidia 260 are theoretical minimums and seem very optimistic for their game. BIS must have a contract with hardware manufacturers to make sure their games suck the juices out of any rig and leave gamers' wallets empty...
I don't give a rats ass about any graphic improvements or ragdoll animations which add virtually nothing to the gameplay (I do play games like this after all: NGP'85) other than optimisation of the performance.

What really would impress me are features like conditioned routes for the mission editor; fully configurable sides (instead of the three fixed west, east, res); withdraw-waypoint making vehicles move backwards; AI vehicles that can drive down a road in a column without bumping into each other or driving offroad - only to name what's popping right into my head.

To cut a long story short: I don't follow any of the preview hoopla about Arma3 (or most other games) since you'll never get exactly what was promised and what you get I will be disappointed with in the long run  Wink
It seems hard enough not to break good features which are already in the game.
(08-15-2011, 08:35 PM)Zwobot link Wrote:I don't give a rats ass about any graphic improvements

Occasionally I too like the Arma2's square-shaped car tires...
Well I think the graphics should be improved only to certain point and focuse on the stability and other gameplay improvements.

Concerning graphics, I think something between Arma and Arma2 would be nice (Better viewdistance, and seeing further correctly, (these are improvements ofcourse...)). And then rest of Hardware's capacity spent on AI and other realism parts of the game. And I don't think the improved physics are an unwelcome thing?

But I'm just hoping that the vanilla arma3 will have todays gear and vehicles. Since they have been shoving off the future stuff only..

Any ideas for long CiA servers will stick with Arma2? I guess it depends on the game?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5