Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 3 is announced!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Here is a good example of what I think is going to make Arma III a really excellent game.  Imagine a small team of eight or so soldiers using this tactic at the start of a mission.  Seems very CiA to me Tongue

(12-12-2011, 07:16 PM)Stoops417 link Wrote:Here is a good example of what I think is going to make Arma III a really excellent game.  Imagine a small team of eight or so soldiers using this tactic at the start of a mission.  Seems very CiA to me Tongue

I wish I shared your optimism. Although these features are "nice to have" I believe the core of the game is too futuristic for my taste. In our, CiA perspective, It's all a question of how many mission makers this game will attract, and what will be these makers' preferences. I fear that Arma 3 will do bad job of attracting "our kind" of mission authors.
I have already decided to buy it no matter what and upgrade my PC. There are some interesting new features that can be seen in the preview videos and after so many years of development of Arma series there is no doubt that this will be the most complete iteration in terms of features. And that Greek island looks quite nice, have you been to Greece?

I don't like futuristic setting and fantasy vehicles, but I'm sure mods will solve that.

I fear for the quality of the campaign though, since departing from Codemasters, BIS wasn't able to produce any campaign worthy of original OFP ones. Even their newest game, Take On Helicopters, is said to have not that great and too short campaign (BTW has anyone tried it?). But campaign is just one aspect of the game.
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you Misha.  Feature set is what is most important to me since that's the most difficult to mod in.  Setting, weapons, vehicles, these all can and will be changed by the modding community to a very large extent.

The campaign however I'm not too worried about, for me games like Arma are almost exclusively about the multiplayer.

I bought ToH, I've like it so far but honestly I haven't put very much time into it since there have been so many other games out this fall that I've been playing.
Community alpha version will be available before release as it was with Take On Helicopters.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/02/23/arma-3...ity-alpha/
I wish BIS will know to listen to serious community members and not to the weirdos who like to change the core of the franchise, and who are usually the loud part of the community.
(02-24-2012, 06:33 PM)Variable link Wrote:I wish BIS will know to listen to serious community members and not to the weirdos who like to change the core of the franchise, and who are usually the loud part of the community.
What do you mean?
It's just seem to me that many of those that take the time to suggest BIS on changes are those that actually want a different game. Many of them are not even coop oriented but rather evolution type of players. I'm afraid that their voice will be too dominant.

All right, there is going to be Community Alpha available after the E3, so they said. We are going to have access to a new island that is going to be included in the game. It's much smaller than Lemnos, it's more like what Utes was for Arma 2. It's featured in the new trailer:

I have to say I love the colors and the lightning, much more vibrant and much better than Arma 2's bleached and monochrome style.
I hope they stay to the "photo realistic" style of graphics. Not Crysis or Battlefield graphics, but Arma graphics.
And about AI. If they really are making a MilSim, if the AI is not right, even to this point of 21st century, I might even skip buying the game.

And I'm comping Variable, I hope they are not making Crysis with huge maps. And praying that behind all that alien gear, there is a playable game with a possibility to play the game like it's supposed to be played.

But I guess I will not be playing the game with you for a while when it comes out, since my own Arma 2000 is lauching at january 2013. Smile
(04-20-2012, 07:12 PM)Bubba link Wrote:But I guess I will not be playing the game with you for a while when it comes out, since my own Arma 2000 is lauching at january 2013. Smile
What do you mean by Arma 2000?
Haha, is it conscription?

Do you find Arma 3 graphics not to be realistic as it is in these previews?
That it is.  ;D

And well, at least the scenery and the Island looks better than the ones in Arma2.

Finally! There is some terrain height varying, so that it's not only straight hill up or down. In that showcase it seems to vary a lot more!  Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5