Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: LDDK & CiA joint FDFmod coop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
It was a nice game, but we all (CiA) got wasted on one hill...    ;
Good mission
hi,

Many thanks for the invitation, looking forward for some new session. Maybe we could play a mission designed by CiA this time.

cya.

Nikiller.

jäger

AAR: 29.5.-11

I was radiomen during mission and my sense of overall situation was little disrupted cause of GPU crash (I lost image totally), so I cannot say much from tactical view. Some observations about my role and little general things.

General:
-Using beta-patch might not be the best idea (I think this was the basic reason for my crash)

Radiomen:
-Osku, Pulverizer and I were on same channel in Kyllikki's Mumble server with their CO (at Kyllikki).
-The radio traffic were time to time totally confusing when trying to hear two radio communication at same time.
-The thing that Osku did to synchronize (marker with ''CiA [time]) was very good.
-The thing in general to separate leading and radio communicating was very good idea.

Some advices to do for next game:
-Radioman has to able to mute Mumble or TS3 if he needs to listen other comm (add hotkey for mute speakers for both comms)
-Ideal what for radioman could like to hear (1 our leader, X radioman), :
Code:
1: Radioman, message for CO
(X: Ready) //if there is a pause between 1st and 3rd row, so it is little longer message and need quick notes to be done
1: Target visible, 1 group soldiers, BMP and radar
X: 1 group, BMP and radar
1: Correct
X: Transmitting
------
X: Done. CO said...
-CO usually likes to hear as fast as possible any casualties, so shouting them on the radio is good thing that radioman can give them forward.
-With bigger missions it is quite important that we synchronize our movement in Kyllikki, so with every movement should have ETA (and we succeeded nicely with that.)
-Text chat should be used a lot more often.

The game was very nice. I'm looking forward to see next combined operation with Kyllikki. Smile

Jager, when you got black screen crash, type "-flush", without quotes. This will restart your video driver. I suspect this is same thing that was happening to me some time ago while playing Arma 2, and this is how I used to solve it.
If anyone of you has the time, a detailed report of CiA movements in yesterday´s game would be appreciated. Especially to me Wink English or Finnish, either will do. And if someone took screenshots/FRAPS, that would be nice to see too. Thank you.

Zandhaas

Good games, thanks for hosting the event and inviting us.

Movements

The squad moved south to the base of the peninusla by car, disembarking to patrol west along the coast line and then northwards. There the squad maneuvered to an OP overlooking the railroad station. After positioning a sniper and AT gunner to take out the priority targets, an AA gun and technical, the squad moved in to place dems on the BM-21 MRL's on the railroad cars.

After destroying the targets a withdrawal was conducted to the north east. Reaction forces were in pursuit, but the squad broke contact by heading east and then moved north before moving west towards the next objective. While moving south again to occupy an intended OP the squad bumped into the enemy and was subsequently destroyed due to lack of sufficient firepower.

Lessons identified

The Special Jaeger squad configuration needs to be adapted for another attempt. The nature of the mission turned out to be less of a sneaky raid and involved conventional infantry action. The weaponry on hand within the squad proved insufficient as the enemy had an advantage in firepower as well as superior numbers.

Retaining suppressed weapons for the majority of the unit proved a bad call. A better configuration of the squad would have been to select two squad support weapons (PKM) and assorted assault rifles, retaining just a single suppressed weapon for sentry elimination. A higher number of NLAW missiles would have suited the follow on objective of taking on the main Russian troop concentration.
There was some ammo & weapons caches at your starting point. Unfortunately we had poor attendance from LDDK, apparently the summer season makes some forget the war Big Grin My plan was to have a mortar crew available for the game, they would have supported you by targeting the enemy, thus making your role more like recon work. My "realism" understanding does not permit to have a more or less vital target like a supply depot lightly defended. In any event, it looked to me like you guys managed fantastically well.

Zandhaas

The first objective was rather lightly defended in my opinion and we had no trouble overcoming the resident defenders there, the deficiency in the prefered load out of the squad manifested itself in attempting to attack the Russian base.

Regards,

Sander
Good games everyone!

This kind of long jogging/patrol missions are very welcome, as we recently been slaughtering hundreds of nearly endless enemy posses on our coops. And, we did get nice action last night afterall.

Quote:-Radioman has to able to mute Mumble or TS3 if he needs to listen other comm (add hotkey for mute speakers for both comms)

I had set different mute buttons for both Mumble and TS3, but the problem was that I often forgot to un-mute speakers.. Tongue

And I agree with you jäger - the comms were confusing (again) but this time it didn't bother me much because I wasn't leading. I have to confess I didn't have any clue what the others were doing.

---

During our journey we found this memorial statue in the middle of forest. For who's honor this thing has been erected remains a mystery. Snowmen revolution?

[Image: snowmanwn.th.jpg]
(05-30-2011, 02:23 PM)Osku link Wrote: [ -> ]During our journey we found this memorial statue in the middle of forest. For who's honor this thing has been erected remains a mystery. Snowmen revolution?
Good one Smile
One thing I noticed last night was that Nikiller and (lightly) myself got injured right at start. Someone claimed it was from the rocks at Podagorsk. Can anyone confirm that it is a problem with dangrous rocks there?
If that's the case; it might be an option to add some medical capabilitys to the squad. Last night we didn't have even a painkiller, only Nikiller Smile

Agree with Zandhaas about the squads weaponary, front spotter could go silenced, the rest loud, espacially in daylight.
(05-30-2011, 11:06 AM)Spinoza link Wrote: [ -> ]There was some ammo & weapons caches at your starting point. Unfortunately we had poor attendance from LDDK, apparently the summer season makes some forget the war Big Grin My plan was to have a mortar crew available for the game, they would have supported you by targeting the enemy, thus making your role more like recon work. My "realism" understanding does not permit to have a more or less vital target like a supply depot lightly defended. In any event, it looked to me like you guys managed fantastically well.

Spinoza, about the weapons, the mission design was good and we were all aware of the weapons crates. I think Zandhaas' meant that we made a bad choice of weapons given the enemy resistance we faced.
In my view, the rail-road depot was sufficiently guarded. As one of the flank team (myself and Osku) I can say that additional resistance was faced at the back of the depot, some intense fire-fight that resulted in our upper hand and might have passed unnoticed by our main team. By the way, Nikkiler, great job directing me to those two guys behind the containers, thanks to your accurate  designations I managed to locate them both and take them out.

jäger

(05-30-2011, 02:23 PM)Osku link Wrote: [ -> ]I had set different mute buttons for both Mumble and TS3, but the problem was that I often forgot to un-mute speakers.. Tongue

I have little advantage since I can use g15 display+keys under it for TS3 use and G-keys+Mumble DirectX-overlay for Mumble (and I set all mumble talk keys to mute TS3 mic). I added key to mute output for Mumble (TS3 had the display key already assigned.) There was also little volume level mixing problems at the start, but it got them sorted out, when mission was about to end.
Spinoza, I made a little map describing our movement along with descriptions of our two engagements. Feel free to post it on the Kyllikki forums as well:

[Image: 5785146029_75256323e8_z.jpg]

Zandhaas

The approach route towards the first target is off, the unit moved to hill 101 (111034) to the east of the objective, then went NW towards hill 102 overlooking the rail road cars from the east (104026). Withdrawal was then made towards 109029 before moving up north towards 105019 (the snowman and tank monument).

Regards,

Sander
(06-01-2011, 11:18 AM)Zandhaas link Wrote: [ -> ]The approach route towards the first target is off, the unit moved to hill 101 (111034) to the east of the objective, then went NW towards hill 102 overlooking the rail road cars from the east (104026). Withdrawal was then made towards 109029 before moving up north towards 105019 (the snowman and tank monument).

Regards,

Sander

I forgot that we crossed the rail-road. It seems you remember better our approach, so could you fix the map please?
And please respond to the post waiting for you on the internal forum.
Pages: 1 2 3 4