Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Thursday Night Special
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I guess OAC was part of the CAA1 package on Armaholic, because I just tested and it's already on the server. Smile
Didn't get PM Gary, but saw the post here.

Regarding the "trick"...  Smile  :

I use Orbit downloader ( http://www.orbitdownloader.com/  )  as a download manager for large files.
when I see the download speed is not utilizing the whole bandwidth, I try to add mirrors manually (it can do it automatically in some cases).
In Armaholic you have 2 FTP's to download from, so I download with orbit from the first FTP , and manually add the second FTP link as a mirror.
Then you get the combined speed of 2 FTP's at once.
Usually you can pause and resume download later.
Speed is of course related to other factors as well, that no manager will help...
Good luck  Wink
Thanks all  Smile  ...and you can download CAA1 mod from arma2base.de site, too  Wink

P.S. Little bird addons only need for Fog of War part 1 mission.
Hey guys, first post updated with the following addons. Please get them for Friday.
Oh, and by the way, topic title was changed to Friday Night Special Wink
Hey I downloaded Lingor from six-updater and I'm making a mission for it, which may or may not be ready for tomorrow night. Do you know if the crocodiles are included in the download you posted? SU downloaded them automatically as a seperate addon for me. It would add some atmosphere to the mission but I don't wanna risk that everyone will crash out or the mission won't work because of the damn crocs Tongue
(06-14-2012, 02:19 PM)Nouty link Wrote: [ -> ]Hey I downloaded Lingor from six-updater and I'm making a mission for it, which may or may not be ready for tomorrow night. Do you know if the crocodiles are included in the download you posted? SU downloaded them automatically as a seperate addon for me. It would add some atmosphere to the mission but I don't wanna risk that everyone will crash out or the mission won't work because of the damn crocs Tongue
Nouty, that's great news!
About the addon - I don't know!? I just uploaded the whole Lingor units. But remember - this is Friday night special, if you need us to get an addon for your mission let us know and we will add it to the list!
Ok mate. I tested the crocs some more and they appear to be really buggy anyway, so I won't be using them.
Hey guys, this Friday we are going to play Gary's new mission so please add Thirsk, which you already have, to your Friday night special shortcut. [size=1em]First post updated[/size].
Please be advised, that aswell as Thirks my mission needs the Kuik Winter Camos ! The mission does not have the camos for use but when i tried to change the skins so the mission could be used for normal nights aswell i guess it made it a requirement..

Regards Gary
Added Aliabad Region to the list, we now have five missions for it.
Another island in the mix? Somebody could think that we are making a tourist agency brochure.

But do we really need to have one island just to play few missions, because I don't want to have that many addons with such limited use.
It's very hard to find non-ace and no-respawnvive missions so five missions is quite a high number for an island that takes only 104 MB!

Testing lots of addons was the whole purpose of Friday night special, but soon we can decrease the number of required addons for it since we are close to finish playing the missions that require Moschinyi and some of the other islands.

In any case, I don't see the list getting any longer than it is right now before we start removing some of the addons.
From now on, our Friday night special server will be running the latest beta. It's optional for the clients though.
Nice, this should fix the issues with gear selection in briefing and a bunch of other things as well Smile
What is correct install procedure for CAA1 and OAC?

'T was long time ago when I had to fiddle with it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11