Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: CiA DayZ Night?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(09-15-2012, 12:29 AM)rundll.exe link Wrote: [ -> ]Mission for next time: find a vehicle and pick up misha from the south Smile

With focused effort I managed to get to the southern side of the airstrip. I parked my avatar on the guard tower.

Again, if you didn't try it playing with a team, try it now. For me at least, it is much better experience than playing alone.
If that's the NW airstrip, you're at the same location as we ended Smile

And I agree, the suspense may be a bit lower, but having some ppl you can trust around you makes the game much more enjoyable and you can carry a bigger variety of stuff, so you don't have to rush for loot every time.
Here's a suggestion - why don't we move DayZ to Thursday and make it our unofficial DayZ night (Or maybe official) ? That way we can enjoy DayZ and ACE the next day, no more choosing between ACE or DayZ.
More gaming nights would not work for me and I'd have to skip more of the others. However, nobody stops you from gathering some people and start playing ofc Wink
(09-17-2012, 10:03 AM)Kenwort link Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a suggestion - why don't we move DayZ to Thursday and make it our unofficial DayZ night (Or maybe official) ? That way we can enjoy DayZ and ACE the next day, no more choosing between ACE or DayZ.
My wife will love this hehe...
It will be very hard for me to add an additional coop night. But by all means, gather the guys on Thursday and play! I'll join when I can.
Thursday is good for me, much better than Friday when I usually go out to parties and clubs, why don't you  8)
(09-17-2012, 03:57 PM)Misha link Wrote: [ -> ]Thursday is good for me, much better than Friday when I usually go out to parties and clubs, why don't you  8)

Because I do that on Thursday!
(09-17-2012, 03:57 PM)Misha link Wrote: [ -> ]Thursday is good for me, much better than Friday when I usually go out to parties and clubs, why don't you  8)
Because I am married and a parent damn you!

Same here, last Friday was exception  ;D

OK, then see you guys on Thursday.

BTW, I got this in my backpack now, so who ever I meet on Thursday can have it.

(09-17-2012, 04:18 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Because I am married and a parent damn you!

Oh, I like Louie CK. But I have something to say in my defence: I have a cat.
I have one too Smile and we are together longer than my wife and me.
Does anyone still play DayZ? How did it work out playing as a team?
I'd be interested in it. This definately is one mod I've been wanting to try since the moment I first heard about it.
Played it yesterday with friends, a lot of new maps for it and on private hives u don't have the problems with hakers. The experience is pretty intense at the beginning. This should change after some days of playing. I think its much harder if you start the game alone. with more people you have better chance to survive cause there is more safety.

I like it, even thoe there are a lot of asses in the community. But i guess the game doesn't give you a choice. Sometimes you have to pull the trigger, no matter how "good" you think you are.

I like the psychological aspect here. It's like in the series "The Walking Dead", you stick to yourself or your group. Don't let anybody harm them. Misstrust everybody cause you lost members of your group to other ones. Or as in the game you died by other ones (mostly for no reason). Survival of the fittest.
(01-03-2013, 04:05 PM)macman link Wrote: [ -> ]Played it yesterday with friends, a lot of new maps for it and on private hives u don't have the problems with hakers. The experience is pretty intense at the beginning. This should change after some days of playing. I think its much harder if you start the game alone. with more people you have better chance to survive cause there is more safety.

For a real challenge, play it on Namalsk.
no matter how "good" you think you are.

Quote:I like the psychological aspect here. It's like in the series "The Walking Dead", you stick to yourself or your group. Don't let anybody harm them. Misstrust everybody cause you lost members of your group to other ones. Or as in the game you died by other ones (mostly for no reason). Survival of the fittest.

I don't see this having a lot in common with reality, even if you leave out the cheaters. There is no real danger. If you die, you respawn. Someone that just started the game has nothing to lose, so they take on whatever they can without even thinking since they can only win (or start over).

There are crucial interaction options missing in the game. You cannot disarm anyone. You cannot tell anyone to kneel down with his hands behind his head since they will always hold the gun. This has resulted in a shoot on sight policy that would not hold in reality, since you will always try to consider the options, which are inherently limited in a game.

Seriously, I heard the "psychological" before, even from Rocket himself, but what is different in DayZ as opposed to, say, Call of Duty or Battlefield? Every other server says "No TK for vehicles" or "no base rape"  in their description, still you get team killed by any old asshole just because they wanted to be in the pilot seat of that chopper, or they want to fly the jet or drive the tank. You still get sniped by some mofu at the spawn point because it is an easy way to rake up kills. Hell, I played on a close quarter BF 3 server where I shot the same guy over and over because he was camping in the same spot - a plant pot (effective use of woodland camo).

Camping, Exploiting, whatever it takes to win a game, fair or unfair, this is nothing new or unique to DayZ. It's a game. There is no connection with reality. Too many options are missing. It reveals the same patterns in the players as any other competitive online game, just in a different setting that reminds people of reality.

Which is the reason why I prefer co-op games in the first place Smile
I parked my character on the guard tower surrounded by zombies, I can try to join party wherever you are if send firefighting unit to get me down.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5