Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Making a Custom Repo for CiA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Yes, this sound like a good idea, until Kenwort gets the website updated. In the meantime people could use it. Thanks!
Cool, that works nicely here Smile

I'm just tweaking a couple of things to make it even easier for players, so I'll upload the modified files soon for you to replace them with. I'll post a quick guide with that as well.

EDIT: Actually, tell a lie, it seems the forum software mangled them into
http://ciahome.net/forum/sixupdater://ci...a-cwr2.yml

which obviously doesn't work (it's just the link as posted here that's wrong, I can load the file from ciahome.net fine if I edit the link so that's working great). I've pasted the links in my post but they're not clickable at the moment, so I'll see if I can work out how to make them so without them getting mangled  Wink

EDIT2: Nope, if I put url before and /url after (in square brackets), it seems to add http:// on when they're clicked and opened  ???
Note. Canard Island is now on Six. If you already have this installed with a different folder name, rename it to @cwr2_Canard so that the profile recognises it.

1. Depending on whether you're using PwS or SU, use one of the following links to load the CWR2 Tues/Sun profile:

pws://ciahome.net/six/cia-cwr2.yml
sixupdater://ciahome.net/six/cia-cwr2.yml

for the Thursday night profile the links are:

pws://ciahome.net/six/cia-test-ACE.yml
sixupdater://ciahome.net/six/cia-test-ACE.yml

and without ACE

pws://ciahome.net/six/cia-test-noACE.yml
sixupdater://ciahome.net/six/cia-test-noACE.yml

(note that these might only work in Internet Explorer, so if you use a different browser and they're not working, try pasting the link into IE)

Once the profile is loaded into PwS you need to add ACR Full or Lite to the profile, as well as BAF and PMC if you want. If you're not sure how to do this, refer to note A at the end of this guide for instructions for PwS (if anyone needs them for SU, please ask).

2. Add any other mods that you want to use, like ST_Hud, as explained in Note B.

3. Once you've finished adding mods (you should see them listed under the profile, but if not click on Show Info and it will open a panel on the right listing the mods), if the Update button is showing, click that to let it update/install the mods.

Note: After the mods have finished downloading, you need to go into the RHSMod folder and delete any files with rhs_ui in the name.

4. Once it's finished updating, click on the Server box (above the Update/Join button) and select the real CiA server and not one of the phantom servers, which probably won't show a name and will say 0/0 players, whereas the real one will show a proper number like 0/10. Then click on Join and PwS should launch Teamspeak and auto-connect (if not already running) and launch ArmA and auto-connect to the server 

Notes:

A. To ensure the DLC loads, it's probably easiest to do the following which will cause it to load regardless of which profile is being used in PwS.

Click on the top-most box that shows the ArmA II CO picture then can click on Settings and then in Startup Parameters, add the following
"-mod=@baf;@pmc;acr" (edited accordingly to match the folder names you've installed the DLC to). If you only have ACR Lite, you would just enter
"-mod=acrlite" (assuming that's the folder you've got it installed to).

B. To add any other mods you might want to use, such as st_hud, JSRS, make sure you're on the Mods tab (second one down) and have the relevant CiA profile highlighted  and to the right of that you should see an "Add Mods to set" panel. In there, search for the mod and when found, just double-click on it to add it, but don't click on the actual name of the mod, else it opens a webpage.

C. These are the names used on Six for the main mods we're using, so if you've installed any of these manually, if you ensure they're (re)named as below, then PwS will recognise them and not have to download them again.

- "@CWR2"
- "@CWR2_NL"
- "@CWR2_UK"
- "@cwr2_Canard"
- "@gdtmod_grass"
- "@Thirsk"
- "@WinterCamos"
- "@isla_duala"
- "@Lingor"
- "@Lingor_units"
- "@mcn_aliabad"
- "@mcn_hazarkot"
- "@gsep_zernovo"
- "@gsep_mosch"
- "@bink_usmc"
- "@tf86_seals"
- "@FDF_Podagorsk"
- "@namalsk"
- "RHSMod" (note, no @ in front)
Updated: sixupdater://ciahome.net/six/cia-cwr2.yml
(05-24-2013, 08:52 PM)Kenwort link Wrote:Updated: sixupdater://ciahome.net/six/cia-cwr2.yml

Thanks. Changed the links in my previous post to point to that now.
(05-23-2013, 04:18 PM)doveman link Wrote:Regarding MK4_HUD, the version on Six contains a file mk4_fix_sthud.pbo which causes an error on launch if ST_HUD isn't also enabled.
mk4_fix_sthud.pbo is an outdated addon made by mike ages ago to fix some issues with sthud. Except the author, it has nothing to do with mk4_hud.
(05-25-2013, 01:13 PM)Variable link Wrote:mk4_fix_sthud.pbo is an outdated addon made by mike ages ago to fix some issues with sthud. Except the author, it has nothing to do with mk4_hud.

Thanks for the info. I suggested to Sickboy that maybe it should be in the @ST_HUD folder instead so I'll see what he says.

Playing with mk4_hud_info.pbo last night, I didn't notice any difference from when I was using the mk4_show_info.pbo from Six, so they might be much the same thing although the filesizes are different so maybe they're different versions.
(05-25-2013, 01:56 PM)doveman link Wrote:Thanks for the info. I suggested to Sickboy that maybe it should be in the @ST_HUD folder instead so I'll see what he says.
it's obsolete. shouldn't be used.
The Thursday night profiles are available now as well (thanks Kenwort).

With ACE:
pws://ciahome.net/six/cia-test-ACE.yml
sixupdater://ciahome.net/six/cia-test-ACE.yml

Without ACE:
pws://ciahome.net/six/cia-test-noACE.yml
sixupdater://ciahome.net/six/cia-test-noACE.yml

Instructions are much the same as before. If you've done 1 & 2 then skip those, load the profile using the links above, then add ACR Lite or Full, BAF and PMC and any other mods you want to use.

I think I can probably make the instructions a little bit simpler, add some screenshots and I'll make another guide for people who might want to use PwS/SU just to keep the mods updated and use another launcher to actually run ArmA. Once I've done that I'll post them in a new thread and perhaps we can make that a sticky and put a link to it on the Needed Addons page.
(05-25-2013, 02:35 PM)Variable link Wrote:it's obsolete. shouldn't be used.

Ah gotcha, I'll let him know then, thanks.
removed
Cool. I was waiting for some things to be added/updated on Six before doing any more work on the guide but these all seem to have been done now Smile

@NC has been updated on Six to remove the DayZ files, so users won't have to manually delete those anymore. @CWR2_canard has also been added to Six now and I've worked out how to have the CiA custom mods referred to in step 2 automatically downloaded from the server, so I'll be able to eliminate steps 1 and 2 from the guide, making it a lot simpler.

@trinity has also been added to Six now and @mk4 has been updated and the outdated st_hud file removed, so there's actually probably no need for any CiA custom mods folders now, although obviously we can use them in future if we need to.

EDIT: Updated post 33 to serve as a temporary guide until I find time to do one with pictures.

Attached new config files which need to be uploaded to the server please.
Great Smile
doveman, how about you make a new topic with a short and concise guide as to how to use the profiles? Would have done that myself but I don't know PWS or SU.
(05-31-2013, 09:33 AM)Variable link Wrote:Great Smile
doveman, how about you make a new topic with a short and concise guide as to how to use the profiles? Would have done that myself but I don't know PWS or SU.

Yep, that's what I intend to do. I'm just using this thread to work through things first, so once the new configs have been uploaded and I've tested they work from the CiA server, I'll do that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6