Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Making a Custom Repo for CiA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Kenwort has updated the profiles.
(05-31-2013, 03:20 PM)Variable link Wrote:Kenwort has updated the profiles.

Thanks, tested and confirmed working so I'll finish up the guide soon.
OK, I've done a guide in a new thread here

http://ciahome.net/forum/index.php?topic=2873.0

If anyone's got any comments, please post them in this thread to keep that one clean. Then hopefully it can be made a sticky to keep it from getting lost Wink

Variable, if you could update the link here http://ciahome.net/needed-addons/ to point to the new thread, that'd be great. By the way, the first paragraph on that page still refers to Fridays a couple of times, so you'll want to edit that too and also remove the link from the end of that paragraph as it's a bit confusing now Wink

EDIT: Perhaps you could also move the line

"Play WithSIX or SIX Updater users may use the profiles and instructions found on this post."

above "Required addons for Sunday and Tuesday:" to make it clear that the profiles can be used for Thursdays as well. Thanks
Thanks doveman!
Will do the necessary fixes and updates when I'm back home.
What do you mean by "Thursday set without ace"? What does that include?
(05-31-2013, 08:20 PM)Variable link Wrote:Thanks doveman!
Will do the necessary fixes and updates when I'm back home.
What do you mean by "Thursday set without ace"? What does that include?

Thanks.

That's basically just all the mods required for Thursday, minus the ACE mods as we often seem to decide to play without those, so players can use that profile to launch ArmA without ACE and the other one to launch with ACE.
That makes it the Sunday Tuesday set.
No point to make a set just without cwr2.
(05-31-2013, 08:45 PM)Variable link Wrote:That makes it the Sunday Tuesday set.
No point to make a set just without cwr2.

Not really as the Sunday/Tuesday set includes cwr2 and also Trinity, which I've left out of the two Thursday profiles as it can't be used without cwr2 and we agreed it would be best to therefore leave it out.

Are you saying that we should include cwr2 in the Thursday set now or that when we decide to play on Thursdays without ACE, players should just launch the Tuesday/Sunday set, which will include cwr2 and Trinity? I'm not sure what the future plans for Thursday are but if we're possibly going to be adding other mods for testing that night, we won't be able to just use the Tues/Sun set and will need separate profiles, both with and without ACE.

(05-31-2013, 10:00 PM)doveman link Wrote:...or that when we decide to play on Thursdays without ACE, players should just launch the Tuesday/Sunday set, which will include cwr2 and Trinity?
Exactly Smile
(06-01-2013, 06:31 AM)Variable link Wrote:Exactly Smile

OK, got it Smile

I've edited the redundant links out of the guide now. Attached a new set of files to upload to the server (delete the existing ones first as the noACE ones don't exist anymore).

(05-31-2013, 07:52 PM)doveman link Wrote:Variable, if you could update the link here http://ciahome.net/needed-addons/ to point to the new thread, that'd be great. By the way, the first paragraph on that page still refers to Fridays a couple of times, so you'll want to edit that too and also remove the link from the end of that paragraph as it's a bit confusing now Wink

EDIT: Perhaps you could also move the line

"Play WithSIX or SIX Updater users may use the profiles and instructions found on this post."

above "Required addons for Sunday and Tuesday:" to make it clear that the profiles can be used for Thursdays as well. Thanks
Done! Topic is now sticky.
(06-02-2013, 07:51 PM)Variable link Wrote:Done! Topic is now sticky.

Nice one, thanks Smile
Hey Variable,

I've made some minor adjustments to the profiles, mainly removed @NC as that's been merged with @Namalsk now, shortened the profile names so that they fit better in PwS and most importantly, unlocked them so that people can customise them by adding other mods. The Required mods are still locked but the Optional/Recommended ones (JSRS, Blastcore, sthud, etc) default to unticked and need to be enabled if the player wants to use them.

If you could get the server updated with the files in the attached zip, that'd be great. Note I've changed cia-test-ACE.yml to just cia-ACE.yml, so best to just delete all the existing files in the six folder on the server before uploading the attached ones. I'll update the instructions at http://ciahome.net/forum/index.php?topic=2873.0 once that's done.

I know we don't really use the ACE profile at the moment as we're playing ArmA3 on Thursday but we might as well keep it ready in case we do want to. It's probably about time I made an ArmA3 profile though, if you could let me know what mods you want to be Required and Recommended. These are the ones I can think of:

Required:
@CBA_A3
@A3MP
@task_force_radio

@mk4
@FHQ_CommandBar (these two aren't on Six but as long as they're manually installed to these folders, the profile will ensure they're loaded. Note I had to rename the latter from @FHQ_CommandBarLabel as it wasn't loading, maybe some length restriction in PwS but I'll test again to see if that's been fixed and if not, report it and ask if it can be)

Recommended (as with the ArmA2 profiles, these will default to disabled, leaving it to the player to decide which they wish to enable)
@BaBe_midTex
@Blastcore_A3
@compassfix
@JSRS2
@sthud_a3
@FHQ_Accessories
@IanSky_Scope_Mod
@lsg_nvg
@mrb_a3_voicestop
@VTS_WeaponResting

We could consider @TMR but as it converts some AT weapons into single-shot disposables, which can make it impossible to complete some missions which expect us to have several rockets, we'd either need to tell users to delete tmr_disposable.pbo or make sure we only play missions that are compatible with this change.

I also recommend you consider this mod, which removes the unrealistic damage penalty from suppressed weapons, as a required mod so that everyone gets this fix http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...lencer-Fix
Thanks Doveman!
About Arma 3 - Sure thing. Just please keep only the recommended addons that are on the needed addons page - http://ciahome.net/needed-addons/ (Blastcore, JSRS and VTS Weapon Rest).
Quote:@FHQ_Accessories

You might add FHQ_M4_A3 Wink
(01-19-2014, 09:35 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:You might add FHQ_M4_A3 Wink
Might as well have both the M4 and Accessories come hand in hand.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6