Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Making a Custom Repo for CiA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(01-19-2014, 08:59 PM)Variable link Wrote:Thanks Doveman!
About Arma 3 - Sure thing. Just please keep only the recommended addons that are on the needed addons page - http://ciahome.net/needed-addons/ (Blastcore, JSRS and VTS Weapon Rest).

No problem. People can add any other mods easily enough by searching for them in PwS anyway Smile
OK, I've done the ArmA3 profile. @FHQCommandBarLabel seems to work fine now without having to shorten the name, so I've included that in all the profiles, so just extract/overwrite the attached files to the server and I'll double-check they're working once they're up but they should be fine.

I could add some instructions to my guide explaining how to download and install the custom mods from our TS3 server, if nobody has a problem with that? I'll also check what manual steps are still needed to be done when installing TFA Radio and add instructions covering those for future reference.

OK, the ArmA3 profile is up and seems to be working fine. The A2CO-ACE one doesn't appear to be available but I guess it's pretty redundant now anyway, so I've removed the links to that from my guide.

It's been confirmed that PwS should automatically move all the files for TFA Radio, including the TS3 plugin, to the correct folders, so no manual installation needed there.

I think I understand how to download custom/private mods from the CiA webserver now with a PwS profile, so if you wanted we could make the A3 mods @FHQCommandLabel and @MK4 automatically download that way, rather than users having to get them from the TS3 filebrowser and manually install them but you might prefer to keep things as they are. It doesn't put them on the Six Network at all though and they'd only be on the webserver in the same place as the profile files.
Good idea about our "private" addons. But alwarren, don't you want to release your command bar anyway?
(01-24-2014, 11:37 AM)Variable link Wrote:Good idea about our "private" addons. But alwarren, don't you want to release your command bar anyway?

Yeah I want to, but I still need to fix some of the bugs -_-
(01-24-2014, 01:10 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:Yeah I want to, but I still need to fix some of the bugs -_-
Alright, then Doveman, please make that for us.
(01-24-2014, 01:32 PM)Variable link Wrote:Alright, then Doveman, please make that for us.

OK, will do.

Alwarren, just to check I've understood correctly, there's a single version of @FHQCommandBarLabel which works for both A2 and A3?

Regarding the A3 @mk4, would you mind if I renamed it to @mk4_A3 for the profile, just to avoid any risk of it getting confused with the A2 @mk4 on Six? EDIT: To be clear, I don't mean that your mod will go on Six, just that if it's named @mk4 then our A2 profile will probably see your A3 @mk4 on our server and use that for our A2 profile, which obviously won't work.
(01-24-2014, 02:44 PM)doveman link Wrote:Alwarren, just to check I've understood correctly, there's a single version of @FHQCommandBarLabel which works for both A2 and A3?

No, FHQ_CommandBarLabel only works with Arma 2 at the moment. Most of the functionality is already in Arma 3.

Quote:Regarding the A3 @mk4, would you mind if I renamed it to @mk4_A3 for the profile, just to avoid any risk of it getting confused with the A2 @mk4 on Six? EDIT: To be clear, I don't mean that your mod will go on Six, just that if it's named @mk4 then our A2 profile will probably see your A3 @mk4 on our server and use that for our A2 profile, which obviously won't work.

No objections from me. It's not my mod, btw, I just adapted it to Arma 3 Smile
(01-25-2014, 07:09 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:No, FHQ_CommandBarLabel only works with Arma 2 at the moment. Most of the functionality is already in Arma 3.

No objections from me. It's not my mod, btw, I just adapted it to Arma 3 Smile

OK, cool Smile

Variable, I've attached the updated files to be extracted to the server. I'll test once they're up but it all works fine from my local server so there shouldn't be any problems.

Anyone who's already installed the A3 @mk4 can just delete it and PwS will download it again as @mk4_A3 but it's only very small so not important, it just keeps things tidy and avoids having redundant folders lying around.
Doveman these islands doesn't appear to be in the profile, can you add them please?
http://ciahome.net/news/saint-david-and-...y-islands/
Oops, sorry about that oversight, I think I've got everything in there now.

(01-29-2014, 01:09 AM)doveman link Wrote:Oops, sorry about that oversight, I think I've got everything in there now.

Thanks a lot for your effort, doveman... It's very much appreciated Smile
thanks a lot!
You're welcome guys. Hopefully it will help ensure everyone has the right mods, so we can spend less time sorting out problems and more time kicking ass and chewing bubblegum Smile
Just bumping as it doesn't look like the latest profiles have been uploaded yet.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6