Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Who Stole My Souvlaki SP & MP (co04) (Arma 3)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[size=1em]
[color=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Important: update 0.58 messed up something, but it's fixed now. Please download new version 1.01.[/color][/size]

Dear Comrades and Arma fans I present to you my first attemp at mission making - Who Stole My Souvlaki.
It is a simple mission with several objectives and is 30-45 minutes long. Take a lead of a small team on a routine patrol...

It is a first part of intended trilogy which will make a mission pack, all happening within the same time frame from different perspectives.

Single player version is complete. Multiplayer version is still in it's rudimentary stage (co-04) and is being worked on. Test it or wait for the final version.

Thanx go to Victor Reznov, WCG and Variable for testing the mission, Alwaren and Phantom for technical advices, and CiA for being CiA.
Congratulations Misha! I'll try to clear up some time to test it and provide feedback.
Is this Arma 3? I DLed it and tried to open it in Arma 2 and it said I need the Stratis map, which sounds rather Greek, so I'm guessing it is an Arma3 mission.
You should use FHQ task tracker Big Grin . Well, I finished the simple parts of my tutorial now.
Thank you for trying out, any feedback is welcome. I need to know not only if mission works but also to know how player behaves in the mission. One thing is what mission maker intends other thing is what players want to do or how they approach objectives.

Download again if you did it already because I fixed last 2 triggers needed to finish the mission.

Yes Phantom, I do my best but I still can't find my answers there or cannot read them. Typically I need more than one tutorial from different people on a single subject to get everything I want to know. But thanks, I did use bits from your tutorials.

Now scripted radio messages tutorial would be what I really need...
Was going to practice with my rocket launchers in a2 but Ill gladly run through the mission right now.

First impressions ( i died so I didnt finish)

I love it.

Second impressions

I dont play with ai much, thus they died, fast.

http://postimg.org/gallery/dkjasm0/

note the 1st 2 images as they highlight an error. I will play again.
Hey Viktor, thanx for playing and for on your feedback!

Seeing from your screenshots I think I know where you died. It is most the tricky part of the mission I must say, today I died 5-6 times while testing it. It should be easier in multiplayer because it is crucial to use rocket launcher at that point and ai just can't handle it at the right time.

This is a bare skeleton of a mission I wanted to make. I will add more of that little by little, it has to be rich in details. 
I loved the fight there.  Approaching it the base with its heavy tree cover was quite tense and I kept expecting a sniper to pop up in the guard tower.

He was originally shooting me through the  windows at the top. Eagle eye!  I enjoyed the soldier that was place inside the building, though I think adding one more unit inside would be great. Perhaps in a cubicle?

The patrol segment as a bit tense, as I was expecting contact from each building but it didn't appear. Thankfully! I was rushing carelessly.  I dont know why but the briefing made me feel relaxed. Like I was going to get a cup of tea at the end.

One question Were any of the ifrits operational? Before the ai died they called it out, and I kept hearing its engines but couldnt locate it. The two(three?) that I saw were empty.
I won't spoil anything, but here player can learn the hard way how asymmetrical combat between infantry and ifrit HMG is.

I spent another whole day editing Sad
I put scripted communication via global and group chat. Now I wonder how do I make only group leader talk?

Whatever I do it seems that all team members just say the same sentences which should be said only by team leader? I can give name to team leader unit and that would solve it, but if he dies there is nobody left to talk?
New version uploaded. I am closing on to finish it soon but that will have to wait next weekend. Already have a new idea for a mission that will take place after the events in this mission but played from armed civilian perspective.
Cool ill give it a try in about an hour. Gotta eat!
I haven't tried your mission so I have no idea how you've made your dialogues, but maybe you can try naming your group by putting "grp1 = this;" for example, to each team members init and then calling "leader grp1" etc on your dialogue, so only the current leader will "talk".
As in: leader grp1 sideChat "blahblergh"; or something.
That way you can also use cool call signs like "papa bear" or whatever you like by setting the groupid, as in http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setGroupId

If you have done it that way ofcourse. Otherwise nevermind me. Tongue
Thanks Nouty, I actually understand this. I will try that for multiplayer version of the mission.
***I have no idea what I am doing ***

A few premission problems.

Your first upload extracted like this (winrar)
Mishas_mission.Stratis - Worked Perfectly

Current mission extracts like this (winrar)
Who%20stole%20my%20Souvlaki.Stratis  -  Refuses to load in A3

(7z) extract here option

Who%20stole%20my%20Souvlaki.Stratis - Refuses to load
-----
7z "extract to" option

Who stole my Souvlaki.Stratis - Refuses to Load
http://s9.postimg.org/cendu9g3z/screenshot_3.png

Note lack of  "_"

None of them load. SO I said screw it and yanked the .sqm out of who stole my souvlaki and put it in Mishas_mission.Stratis

The mission loaded but it gave me this screen when approaching the island

http://s9.postimg.org/z1xl3apce/arma3_20..._04_26.jpg
Arma 3 alpha Version -52.103507

Things I have tried. (other than above)

Manually inserting "_" = Who_stole_my_Souvlaki.Stratis -- Did not work

Internet seems stable - Will try updating A3 I am up to date. Ill try dev path.

Realises I cant keep trying AND download the dev path. Steam hate +1  Next update will be in 8-40 minutes.

(also  I cant seem to change the difficulty off of Regular? anyone else have this issue?)

Dev Build

Who_stole_my_Souvlaki.Stratis -- Did not work

Sad
I'm sorry for your trouble, it's my first mission so it can only get better from here.

I don't have any clue why mission name would be a problem, I tested the mission exporting it to my single missions folder and it works for me.

But, seems that moving sqm file did it right. You definitely got it working because today I realized that ending trigger was broken. That's why mission ended in the beginning. I fixed it. I didn't plan to release new version before I add some stuff which would make it a release candidate but after this I have to. So, first post updated with new file. This time it ain't in a folder, only a pbo. 

Tomorrow I'll try to add this picture to mission loading screen. That is beyond my skill, but I want to challenge myself. That's what I do!
Pages: 1 2 3 4