Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: The Debriefing Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great post MJ, it was a good read.

Crash Site Red
Heavy Machine Gunner, MJ's team

Our force made its way up the mountain. When I finally arrived, exhausted, to one of the few rocks, I deployed the Navid and provided suppression fire to allow the other teams to advance. Looked like it worked. We reached a structure that looks like the relay of the nearby comm tower and a fierce close range firefight ensued with the NATO team that guarded it. I didn't have a chance to switch to my pistol and took out an AT gunner, firing from the hip. We were in a great position to suppress the enemy reinforcements that were climbing from the other side of the mountain. I think we took out at least two teams worth of infantry. A Marid then attacked and we tried to take it out with a scavenged Spike launcher, but it was too fast and the field of view too obscured. While fighting for our lives we saw the destruction of the UAV, not knowing if we managed to secure its data core. We fought for a long period of time before our team was wiped out. That was a great run.

First Strike
RPG gunner, Sputnik's team

We were detected prematurely and had to fight our way up to the repair depot. And yet, the enemy failed to stop us from taking out two tanks, that was pleasing to see. Lovely mission, I think we have enough men to spare one or two teams to block off the reinforcements while the demolition squad works. Will be fun!

Castle Black
Infiltrator

The crown jewel of the night! My task was to place the VBIED truck by the ammo depot and make sure the explosion knocks down the castle walls. I drove slowly in, reporting my progress to the assault team by whisper. When the assault team signaled their readiness, I gave my last radio transmission to the assault team, left the radio in the truck, disembarked and strolled slowly to the back of the truck. I started the timer on the explosives and walked away. On my way in I spotted a black SUV by one of the barracks, looked like our banker friend, felt like a good way to put my cover to good use. I opened the door and saw a guy wearing a suit conversing with an officer while guarded by a scary looking Taki, looked like a specops soldier. I decided to wait. I closed the door behind me and planned my attack. The truck exploded. I took my concealed sidearm out of my vest and popped the specop guy from the window. Then, I busted the door open and pumped the banker, who drew a pistol himself, full of lead. The officer managed to fire back at me, but missed. I ducked below the barrier and took out one soldier who climbed down the stairs to see what's all the fuss is about. I zigged right of the barrier and took down the officer. As I took his AKS-U, another soldier came down the stairs, I shot him down as I managed to grab the AK. In the meantime, firefight ensued in the castle. My friends are here! I removed my baret as agreed and climbed up the stairs, to the roof of the barracks. I replaced the AK with a PKM and fired long bursts towards what I perceived pockets of resistance fighting my guerrilla friends, who were by now inside the perimeter. I waved my hands frantically, hoping I will not be friendly fired. Looks like we are winning! I yelled 'friendly' as the guerrillas closed by. A land-rover bursted through the entrance, and took out Alwarren. I missed it completely and felt shit. The next phase had us defending the castle from airborne troops and IFVs, supported by gunships. Command called us out when the enemy decided to level the castle with artillery barrages. At that point we were three left, and we escaped the castle. 

That was one hell of a ride...
Hostage rescue
(SL) 

Cool snack for starters and solid teamwork. Unfortunately we learned later that hostage is automatically killed shortly after detection. 

Not much else we could have done. We moved relatively swiftly considering the opposition. I suppose success depends on location (random mission) and how far we go before detection. Once shots are fired, rescue team has to zerg the objective really quick, which is suicidal in some locations no matter how you suppress. However, team work as mentioned, was good, and I consider this a good run. 

Leaving Tanoa
(Economy tourist) 

I would have preferred a bit more back story, but got to admit, I liked the mood..for start. Again, with random missions, fun of the run can depend a lot on locations. Now for first half hour most of us had to go unarmed and there was plenty of walking. 

Variable got killed in skirmish, I took over, and we reached Blue Pearl Industrial where we got map. It would have turned out that we'd had to walk 4-5 kms to radio tower. Local god checked harbor and found no vehicles for transport. We were left behind, civilization around us succumbed to anarchy and barbarism, and in the end, we hunted each others for sport and ate our comrades as we ran out of food. 

I think there is potential for a good different mission here, with some adjustments. Objective to find sat phone at radio tower didn't really make sense, and only certain towers would have counted. Maybe we got unlucky but bit more randomly spawned vehicles, and give option to escape island logically with boats in major ports and planes at airfields? That said, I had kind of fun with this one. 

FHQ Especas 
(AT) 

This was cool run. Nice mood and weather. Bravo didn't see that much of action until at WP2 where we lost our TL Valhalian and apparently most of Alpha. Variable took over and we got almost to Corazol until tech truck ended our run. I wasted the shot with AT and it was good night. It was stupid to try to shoot sideways moving target at high speed even if it was relatively close. 

Dragonfire 
(Stranger) 

Not sure if the tank objective is doable as I intend it. However I had fun watching you guys attempt the mission. 

Mission moments: Varanon-Stick epic escapade with the swiss-cheese offroad. Alwarren-Valhalian hide-and-seek with BTR! Etzu-Variable scenic tour to occupied enemy garrison. 

Ponder this I will. 

Black Canaan
(Demolitions) 

Great fun with chosen approach. It wasn't as I intended it but it never is. I had a blast (sic) on the ground, and the chosen approach would have worked! We missed optional task, but as mentioned, it was completely optional. Eliminating helicopter pilots at start, and peppering the C-130 were critical. With creative thinking we decided to eliminate one fuel station and every aircraft with commandeered Zu-23. It cost His Majesty few hundred thousands pesos, but no doubt he can afford it. 

In the end I got reckless with corner check and got killed. Most of ground team had the same fate, and only helicopter survived. The Black Colossus ended the mission from the sky.
[Image: YvpP9H.jpg]

These men have been fighting the oppressors for decades. Their ordnance may be old, but they know how to use it.  Renown fighters Variable and McGregor take aim with venerable M-47 Dragons...

[Image: Z1Ufgl.jpg]

Three Dragons. Three kills. Fire and Blood. 

(It was really cool. You guys fired exactly at same time. Three tanks in one salvo)

[Image: wfNCJl.jpg]

It has been a long road for two friends. 

Evans and MJ were looking forward for nice quiet retirement in Chernarus. Good hunting opportunities, nice climate, good beer in Elektrozavodsk. Life was to be good.  

But war had found them again! From forests to Chernarus to deserts of Takistan. Here comrades are striking against Takistani convoy, just 150 kms from Chernarus border. Freeman and Stick are standing by to hit the pedal. 

[Image: odmUgf.jpg]

Decisions. 

After being relentlessly pursued by enemy helicopters, and being separated from the other team, they had to play cat and mouse with superior enemy. Due knowledge of their ancestral lands, they were able to shake the pursuers. Here Variable and Alwarren observe the situation from a hilltop. 

Solace, the mine, is close just behind the next hill, but yet far, far away. 

[Image: OBDWnP.jpg]

Meanwhile, 3 kilometers to west, only survivors of NAPA team, Evans and Stick, are preparing to ambush unsuspecting adversaries in order to procure new transport....

[Image: vKbUhx.jpg]

...but it was not to be. Despite the efforts, their journey ended within a kilometer of the safety in the mines. 

[Image: kICwbA.jpg]

However things at the promised safe house, aka the mine, were not much better. And to make it worse...in the chaos..one of them was left behind!

[Image: mCPsOH.jpg]

Surrounded from both sides. 

Alwarren's options were grim. 

His end was also grim. 

Pictures of that would be too shocking to be published. Use your imagination.
A shoggot on the roof (hope I got the title right) Helicopter pilot/aircrew lead

We took of from the Farb and went NE over the desert to insert the ground team on the roof of the target building.
I circled the building once to give my doorgunners time to soften up the resistence on the roof and in the compound and then went to hover over the building (almost landed on it because I had forgotten about the ropes Blush )
The ground team was soon deployed and we cut the ropes and went into an orbit over the compound to provide firesupport against targets inside and outside the perimeter of the villa.
Ground team swiftly had taken the villa and Killed the target, but we were told to hold the position for an upcoming task details were still being extracted from some unlucky bastard.

When an APC came from the south and opened fire on the chopper I decided to pull back to the mountains in the east to let the ground team handle it  rather than risk the chopper. Ground team found some RPGs and went into position to engage the oncoming APC.
Stag used the brake to check the crew and we noticed that we had lost Variable. I landed quickly to let stag secure the body and take over the minigun on the left. And we went into hover again over the Mountains just in time to see the APC explode.
Being  more cautious now we watched from a distance and called out incoming troops and engaged. Only after no more heavy vehicles had shown up for a few minutes we went into hover over the compound again finding some straglers to keep us occupied.
We checked the ammo status: 700 Rounds for Stag ; 1000 for Llauma.
soon a technical showed up from the north wich was spotted and quickly dealt with by Llauma before it was able to get close to the Villa and our ground pounders.
Ammo count was getting to worring 600 on both guns.
The ground team informed us that they would need to move inside the compound to find powertools for opening a safe with valuable informations. I widened the orbid a little and we watched them move,
All of a sudden there where tracers flying by horizontally and we realised that we were under attack by another transport chopper. Stag told be to turn a few degree further right and I told him not to conserve any more ammo, we were revarded by a burning chopper wreck lighting the ground west of the villa soon.
Stag was out of ammo and switched to a FfV seat.
Dan from ground team called to tell us they were down to two as the team that had been looking for a tool shed had gone silent after some gunshots.
The remains of groudn team had to move out of the villa to find the power tools that the rest of their team had been looking for. To make sure we would be able to give them fire support should they be engaged inside the compound I had Dan fix a Chemlight to his vest and we were able to watch over them from a low hover.
Dan's team was able to find the powertools and break into a Safe inside the villa.
We decided safest way to extract them would be to pick them up at the roof.
Landing went without incidedt, and jsut as I pulled up again we started taking fire from the north, but we did not stick arround to find out who was firing what at us and rather went over the mountains and back to the Farb.
 Been a while....

Enemy of my enemy 
(TL Bravo) 

Short one for me. 

Following Alpha lead's plan (Variable) we approached military compound with vehicles, encountering little to no resistance enroute. We were able to steamroll straight into base without firing a shot, but then things escalated rapidly. 

Bravo took cover on the barracks and suppressed hostiles by the gate/ flag compound. Alpha informed us they are pushing to flag, and we relocate closer. During transit I was shot by undetected BRDM-2 from pitch black vehicle depot. 

I took over curating, and watched in dismay my reinforcements sitting on their asses instead of moving in. I arranged it manually, flying in squad of infantry with An-2 to airfield and ViV Mi-26 dropped a light vehicle to other flank. Squad from airfield responded to gunfire, now in civilian residence compound, and decimated what was left of A+B. Overall I think both teams did good, you completed 2 out of 3 objectives and weren't that far from the high value buildings (last targets). I think Varoables approach, base first, is definetely doable. Teams just have to keep moving and not to be shy of bugging out when job is done. 

Shoggoth on the roof 
(non-euclidean co-pilot/door gunner) 

Solid aar, and above all, flying from Unnamed. Not much to add to field report above. 

I think pre-emptive destruction of potential threatrs (Uaz dishka) or escape vehicles (Uh-1) were game savers. We also kept our distance and engaged soft targets from range that favours us. Losing Variable was just bad luck, the enemy fire wasn't that bad, until end. 

I admit I was concerned how this mission turns out technically but it was surprisingly close to vision I had in mind. Good fun for heli crew and great coop with Unnamed-Variable-Llauma. 

My mission moment was door gun vs door gun duel with Mi-8 inserting troops. No idea how bad sanity loss it was for the ground team

Mouse Trap FHQ 
(SL) 

Aziz is a tough sob. We executed and identified the remains in previous mission, now he was cruising in convoy in Chernarus like a boss. Time to send in Germans to get the job done. 

On second try Bravo had apparently positioned itself too close to Alphas explosives, resulting wipeout for Bravo save Stick.  Ambush itself at the bend worked, our AT gunners Alwarren and Den scored hits to most dangerous targets, but losing Bravo resulted a minor chaos for it was Bravos task to secure HVTs vehicle. 

Upon realizing the situation we swiftly pushed south to check the status of HVT. We located him on left side of road, eliminated troop transport, and with bit of trial and error I managed to secure/capture the objective. We had lost medic and Den, and I was pretty badly fucked up, and couldn't move. Fortunately the resistance wasn't that tough and we managed to keep them at bay while improvized Medic, Stick, patched me up.

We left with Land rover, Variable navigating, and we figured improvised plan to deal with AA site. We ran to two tough situations enroute, especially with armed UAZ,  but pedal to metal and evasive maneuvers got us out unscratched. 

We approached AA site from north. Stick suppressed with MG, and we engaged hostiles from cover at range. Variable was lost during trading shots at this phase, and later Alwarren and I while assaulting the base close range. In retrospect assault might have been unnecessary, we had eliminated the gunner of Zu-23, but there was risk of enemy re-manning it. To be sure we had to get in close and put charge as we had no longer long range AT. We managed to pacify the camp, but with losses. Now it was only Stick, who professionally secured Aziz, and called in Heer helicopter for extraction and mission win. 

Awesome mission. I liked that there was more to do than just kill everyone, still plenty of action, and overall solid mission mood and details like always with FHQ. 

Iron dragon
(Autorifleman) 

Nice setup, time of day, and when the annoying fog bug was dispersed by Elder Gods, Ghosts under Variables command took off to Chernarus forests to secure evil, evil warlord. 

Like most missions with this author, it had fun infantry action and simple clear cut objectives. There was bit of a distance to be covered, but there was well balanced action enroute. Eliminating first set of bunkers was without hiccups, and second objective, tent site, looked initially easy. Variable set us up to ambush visible hostiles at tent site from distance, and we swiftly eliminated opposition. However while moving in to secure the site we ran to pretty tough firefights, especially when me and Alwarren were last in column and got flanked from left. It was only 1-2 guys, but at a time we had no idea what we really were up against. Nothing we couldn't handle, and the actual objective, camp site (cool implementation!) was relatively lightly guarded. 

We located and secured our objective, and Variable kept him in line during uneventful return to mission start. Good mission, good fun, leading, teamwork. Pros in team also told me it resembled original GR mission.
Good games tonight. Here's my AAR:

Dynamic Assault - Green
(Medic)

Moving through the forest, Freeman was the only one to notice the very big very dangerous APC right next to us. Luckily, it didn't see us, so an RPG round disposed of it, but that attracted some guys that cost us our team leader. Manuel took over and moved us safely to the castle, yelled "Once more unto the breach, dear friends" and was shot. I took over, we found the APC and killed it.

While regrouping with Bravo, I accidentally shot Valhalian. The reason was, I saw a Chedaki standing there, saw movement, and shot... Well, it wasn't a Chedaki, but to my defense, this is what it looked like:

[Image: Sskchmz.jpg]

After that, we stole one of the trucks and drove away. Mission accomplished... sort of.

(Hint for possible future attempts at this mission: There's always some vehicles in the vicinit so you don't need to leg it)

Night of the Generals

(various roles due to crash)

That went over fast, and painful. Bodyguards were killed, Vehicle flipped over, we were all shot by some Russian dude camping in one of the rooms.

GR: Gold Mountain
(Rifleman)

That was a pretty good attempt, even though I was killed early on. Before that, we secured the landing site. After my demise, Alwarren lead the team on to the bank. Unfortunately, after a few good firefights, the team was annihilated by camper lying in rooms.

GR: Dream Knife
(Rifleman)

The plan was solid. Approach the camp with utmost caution, disable guards silenced. Arma thought "Fuck you, humans" and the AI saw us, in pitch black night without NVGs. We made it in the camp, but were eventually killed off.

Dynamic Drug Raid
(Ops Lead)

Moved into the target area and were immediately engaged. House-to-house combat. We found the crate, McGregor placed explosives, and we bugged out, destroying the drugs after us. A short chase to the extraction site, and we were picked up by our helicopter without any incident and without the chopper taking any damage. Because our choppers are tremendous. Everybody says so.
CSAR Jolly Green
(Medic)

It was good while it lasted. Had some intense firefights, and then the chopper got hit by an RPG, same as always :|

Rocket science
(Engineer)

We totally did not take the VTOL on our second try. This thing really flies like a pregnant pig held up in the air by farts. Insertion went smooth, and we tried to take the hill overlooking the research lab. After the initial reconnaissance, Variable decided to enter the base via a side entrance. Unfortunately, we were detected on the way there through circumstances that I really didn't understand. In any case, shit hit the fan from there. We entered the base through the side entrance, killing the guards and moving in. I saw an office trying to drive off, so I shot his car to shits and when he got out, shot him too. I guess it was our man, but I never got the opportunity to check. I was being shot at, suddenly my gun went "click" and some american came around the corner. He saw me, but I was quicker (Yay, I beat an AI). His buddy threw a grenade though, taking me out cold, until the loving touch of Sputnik brought me back to live... only to be exploded a minute later by some rifle grenade...

Flame Pillar
(Autorifleman)

Inserting with Rogue 2, we soon hear shots from the north, Vigilante 4 was being engaged. We spotted a BTR-60 on the road heading north. Our team took position on the roof of a pretty damaged building and started engaging people at the refinery. I got the snipers and the gunner of a ZU-23 that Variable spotted. Unfortunately, I was seen by something shortly after that and killed. From my vantage point as spectator, I could see the rest of the teams getting quickly slaughtered.

Another one of those missions where I don't know if I overdid it with the enemies :|

Delivery Van
(Engineer)

Phantom's plan was solid, keep the long range guys on one hill, and have the rest engage from another hill. Unfortunately, the long range guys had bad visibility, and the rest of the team was quickly overwhelmed.

Deliver Van
(Ops leader)

I basically followed the same idea that Phantom did, but of course, I had the benefit of knowing that the other team wasn't that well placed in the previous attempt. We started out by assaulting the compound where the truck was stored. Variable did well by killing off several armed vehicles with his RPG. One team moved in while the other covered from the hill. This got us the compound, and subsequently, the truck. Regrouping was lossy, though, we lost Alwarren and Valhalian to enemy fire. The rest of the team split up, one team taking the fuel truck, the other taking the lead in another truck that we secured during our assault.

Driving south, we've been constantly dogged by AAF troops and even a helicopter., but we made it close to our own camp. Just to witness it being mortared to shit. New orders where to secure a Strider in a vehicle depot, refuel it, and move out onto the sea.

There, I made a big mistake. When assaulting the vehicle depot, I completely missed the right flank. I thought that the elephant grass would protect us, but the enemy flanked around and caught us in the rear.

I decided to go all or nothing (a.k.a. Rambo) and so Sputnik and me (the only survivors) each took a truck, Sputnik going first to draw fire, while I parked the fuel truck next to a Strider. Going through the slightly more complex refueling process with ACE under fire wasn't easy, but at one point, the Strider had enough fuel, so Sputnik and I hopped in and drove off (of course, I forgot to remove the fuling nozzle and left the cap open). Mission accomplished.

Black Canaan
(grunt)

The ground team was quickly decimated by all the guns pointed at us from the town and surrounding area. Unfortunately, the C-130 took off and allowed some to flee... missions failed. This is an extremely difficult mission, so Sputnik, you didn't do anything wrong, we all failed at leading this in the past.

Overall, good games yesterday!
Combat Patrol
(Leader)
Mission: Fnd a comms station in Saint Louis in northern Malden. 

Unfortunately, we didn't get that far since we were brutally decimated by pretty accurate grenade fire. After suffering too many losses, the mission was aborted and the survivors had to reach the extraction zone.. not a pretty sight.

(Regarding the mission, it looks like fun, and definitely a good filler)

Rocket Science
(Medic)
Mission: Enter enemy base and kill a general and a scientist

Again opted to insert by Helo instead of VTOL under Alwarren's leadership. We made it pretty far this time, but got detected basically outside the walls of the base. Nonetheless, we made it deep inside the base, got the general, but were all but wiped out by the reinforcements that literally poured into the base from all sides. The loss of the helo was also a blow, since it made good work on the far side of the base while we were trying to get into the dome.

The Great Escape
(AT gunner)
Mission: Rescue a scientist from the airport in Northern Tanoa

Phantom separated our team into two parts, a sniper/AT/machinegunner team, and the rest of the bunch. We were positioned high above the airport in a bit over half a kilometer distance. unfortunately, that proved to be a problem, since the heavy RPG-7 Warheads hav a much shorter range (in fact, the impact point of the RPG 7 was below the drop compensator in the scope, impossible to hit from that range). This baiscally meant that the RPG was useless on that hill. Same goes for the RPK, too much distance, no optics, too much spread over this distance. 

The assault team was quickly wiped out, and since there was absolutely no cover on our hills, all guns on the airport opened up on us. 

Given the unknown terrains, I don't think that it was a mistake putting the heavy team up there, but the distance was too far for it to be effective.

Dynamic Assault
(medic)
Mission: Destroy the command BMP in Lopatino

Stag inserted our team south east of Lopatino in a small stretch of forest. The plan was to use the rising terrain and large barn-like building on the SE side of town as cover and approach unseen. This worked, we reached the barn and our fireteam took up position on top of the barn while Stag moved into the town. Unfortunately, we were detected and a firefight ensued. Stag's team detected the APC and I picked up the RPG from our AT guy after he was shot. Unfortunately, the APC was half covered by a wall, and the shot hit the wall (collapsing it). Unfortunately, the shot was seen by many and I was killed.

Good attempt, but I need to do something about this mission :|

Wrecking Crew
(tank commander)
Mission: Fix the broken down tank and get out

Unfortunately, as always, the fight on the crossroad was pretty intense, costing the lives of three out of four of the combat engineers. The tank wasn't repairable, so the survivors took the MRAP and went through Fallujah guns blazing, including a head-on drive towards a tank parked on the bridge. Luckily, it wasn't able to turn it's turret fast enough, so we made it over the bridge and to friendly lines. Pretty intense finale.

We also tested Return to Entebbe, but it didn't work as intended, so I skip the briefing for this one.

Overall, good games!
Not going to write a full debriefing today since there wasn't much to report in terms of tactics yesterday.

A few points I would like to address though.

First of all, radio discipline. The short range is used for communication with the whole squad. Long range is used for command communication. While long range traffic is ongoing, short range traffic MUST stop. It's hard enough to concentrate sometimes, and with people constantly talking over long range, it gets messy. That does NOT mean you have to shut up. Just stay off the radio, if you have to talk to a team mate, approach them and speak to them directly.

We should use direct speech more frequently, anyway, no use to use a radio while you are standing next to each other.

Also, related to radio: Keep your comms time short on any radio. Don't constantly narrate what you are doing. If you treat someone, inform the team that you do so, and go about your business. Talk locally if you need assistance (unless you need it from a scattered team, of course). use common sense. Understand that while you talk on the radio, be it long or short range, you are hogging a valuable resource.

Finally, we are people, not AI. Do not expect your team leader to constantly tell you what to do. Unless you don't get an order to the contrary, assume that you are continuing with what you are doing. Use common sense. Sorry to pick out someone specific, but yesterday, I ordered my team to attach IR strobes to make us visible to the air team. So, attach your IR strobe, and leave it on until told otherwise. No need to ask after an encounter if you should remove them. To a certain degree, you are free to make your own decisions. For example, unless specifically told not to use grenades, don't ask if you are allowed to use grenades. If you think the situation might need a grenade, by all means, toss one (and don't forget to announce it).

Sorry if that all sounds nitpicky, but there were several instances of that yesterday. And don't get me wrong, sometimes I get grumpy, but I thoroughly enjoy those games, and you are all, every last one of you, a delight to play with.
As I always did, I still suck at remembering mission names.
I also just switched the LR and the SR button on my joystick as it seems to make more sense inside my head to have them the other way arround ( LR cooliehat up now and SR down instead of the other way arround)

Stags Doomsday device delivery mission

I had problems getting my bearings after the long time without playing so I did fuck arroudn a little until I managed to get the voices in my head (radio) and the gps minimap and the chopper sorted out.
we had some technical dificulties with the hellfire missiles, but were mostly able to cope with that using the unguided rockets (I could have killed for some kind of fold down sight for those) and the door gunners as we did not run into AA.
everything went quite well until the truck reached a roadblock it was not able to push through. In hindsight I think I was too fixed on the CPs too check it out properly and should have called off the truck when I saw it . I guess the choppers really need to scout the routes clearing them and have to advice the Truck to switch routes if there are Obstacles it can not possible push through . If that works  (of course I dont know how much work that is)  I think this mission or something similar would be fun as a randomized mission where the roadblocks change their positions each start.

CO@14 into the void

I always liked playing this mission (probably because I never got murdered on the ground )
I first delivered Bravo to the villa with no problem and immedeatly took off again to spot enemys for them wich there were plenty coming.
when Bravo was done in the villa having lost two guys I picked them up at the roof again and delivered them to the complex Alfa was working on... and for arma standarts did a hard landing (I still dont get these flimsy helicopters... but DCS gives you bad landing habbits for Arma choppers) and broke my tailrotor.
I took to the air again and started spotting enemys again. when the ground team was done we landed again and there luckily was enough space in the intact chopper so no one had to sit in my slightly spin happy chopper.
after the explosives went off the ground team decided to do a check of the site and I kept circling and calling out new incoming threads to them . when they were happy they went back to the other copper and took off with a mere 50m and some smoes between them and a enemy squad with a mashinegun .
we flew back and landed with no problems to speak off and the medics supplied me with some morphine for my broken back I suffered in the hard landing.
UnNamedGER Wrote:As I always did, I still suck at remembering mission names.

You can always look here.
The last entry is from last week Wink

Gesendet von meinem A0001 mit Tapatalk
Missing in Action

Our chopper crashed with a screeching yell and smashed to the dark Afghanistan ground. The copilot and gunners bodies were lying lifeless in their seat. We left the broken bird and took cover by the rocks to brave the impending explosion which soon rocked the valley's floor.

The fire and smoke definitely announced our position to the Taliban, we had to get away. The dimmed light emitting from the burning chopper revealed a small village not far from us, we started moving. At the village outskirt, we heard an engine. The sound was getting louder. We took cover when an enemy jeep race out from the village. We opened fire. The driver was immediately killed and passengers started to leave the vehicle, quickly torn to shreds by our fire. I picked up an RPG18 as we heard another vehicle approaching. Now it was armed with s Deshka gun. I fired my new RPG-18, missed, and the driver banked hard to the right and climbed the hill. Other team members' fire took out the gunner and we entered the village. I managed to contact the combat search and rescue team and told them that we think we are in the Nygul valley.

We came under fire quickly, and took cover in the small mud huts, returning fire. The wait for the extraction chopper was long, but it finally arrived. We deployed a smoke grenade to mark the street and the small helicopter descended to the ground, its engine and blades cutting the air masking my commands - I was walking by my team members and shouting in their ears to board. The chopper couldn't take the all of us, so we had to keep some guys on the ground. I intended to keep three guys with me and let the others go, but the chopper was quickly filled and only Gwynbleid  and I were left. The chopper took off and silence fell on the village.

Gwyn and I hunkered down in a small building who had two doors, each of us covered one of them, ready to fire on any insurgent unlucky enough to enter. From time to time we peaked out of the windows and saw silhouettes approaching the building, we took them out before they arrived. We had to hold tight until the chopper loaded off the guys in the base and returned to us.

Suddenly, we heard what sounded like a squeak of a door opening. We asked each other if it was one of the doors on the ground floor but it wasn't. I told Gwyn that this shit is starting to get scary, and immediately after I saw an armed guy climbing down the stairs that lead to the second floor. He opened up and I returned fire. Amazed, I saw him dropped to the floor and realized that I keep on standing.

The chopper was on its way back, I tried to get in touch with the armed chopper but couldn't reach it. Earlier I heard what sounded like anti-air fire and feared it got shot down. I warned the transport bird that there might be AA weapons nearby and kept on waiting.

It finally arrived. We popped another smoke shell and heard the chopper lowering altitude. When dust started to kick-up we ran out the door. I saw the chopper. Suddenly, and man image emerged from behind it, I opened fire as I moved and cut it down with four rounds. I had one bullet left in my rifle.

We both boarded the aircraft and the chopper lifted off. A rail of green tracer rounds came from the chopper's left, Alwarren the pilot immediately descended to the ground, only several meters before crashing, evading the AA nest fire from below. After a few minutes, we were back in base in one piece.
Good post, Variable.

The mission was quite intense, also from the Chopper's PoV. We had radio contact pretty soon and since you had an idea where you had crashed, we didn't need to waste time searching. On the down side, the crash site was pretty far out.

I kept to the valleys as much as I could to avoid getting spotted by AA. Obviously, there was a lot of fire on the ground near the crash site and they threw two RPG-7's at us, missing in both cases.  The landing site was pretty tight, trees around and buildings, not much bigger than the road. I managed to put the bird down between the buildings and load out the first batch of people.

On the outbound flight we took some ground fire but nothing too threatening. Still, a few bullets dinked off the side of the (rather fragile) Little Bird but without taking damage.

Flight back in, same procedure as last year.  Keep in the valleys as much as possible, cross ridge lines between two peaks to avoid exposing. On the final approach a DShkM opened up on us, so I brought the bird down as hard as I dared without taking damage. With Variable and Gwyn loaded, we took off immediately southbound, and got under fire from the same DShkM. No hits, but it was close.

Around 2 kilometer off the FLoT something painted us. Must have been airbourne radar because I couldn't shake the lock. I tried CM's, ducking behind terrain, nothing helped. Lucky for us, we were not attacked (or the missile went wide) and managed to safely land the entire team at Loy Manara Airbase.

That was one of those missions when I had sweaty hands. Loved it Smile
Great flying indeed Alwarren! When you picked Gwyn and myself that was no DShkM, I'm pretty sure that was Zu-23 AA fire. Thick green tracer rounds with that distinct sound.