Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: The Debriefing Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-30-2014, 01:57 PM)Variable link Wrote:What time allows me to do is disable respawn on BTC revive missions that has respawn enabled. But that's it.
If people are willing to help, they can replace revive scripts with Psycho's revive script which is based on Arma 2's First Aid system which I assume we all prefer.

I can't commit myself at the moment due to other demands on my time and until I've tried it I won't know how long it will take to change each mission but if someone is able to post a quick guide on how to do this, I'll give it a go when I get back to testing missions. We would need a quick and easy way of identifying which missions have it and if we want to keep it for missions with many tasks, as Horus suggests, which missions those are as the tasks aren't always listed at the start of some missions but only get revealed as it progresses.

Maybe we'll just have to play the missions as they are first and note after if they are suitable for editing (i.e. don't have too many tasks, we aren't ridiculously outnumbered so that it would be impossible to complete without the revives and they're 'good' missions so worth the time to edit them) but if we've completed them (as is more likely with unlimited revives) we might not be that interested in going back and re-playing them, so that's not ideal either.
I am a bit divided over the revive. In most situations, it's okay, althoiugh getting hit by an RPG and just going "Ouch" is a bit over the top IMO. It gets ridiculous if it goes into an endless loop of reviving, getting shot, reviving, etc... I think we should decide outselves at such a point that we are dead and stay dead.
Let's make a list of all the BTC Revive or other rubbish revives missions there are. Maybe some of us can go and take out the BTC Revive such and replace it with Psycho's.
(03-30-2014, 05:51 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:I am a bit divided over the revive. In most situations, it's okay, althoiugh getting hit by an RPG and just going "Ouch" is a bit over the top IMO. It gets ridiculous if it goes into an endless loop of reviving, getting shot, reviving, etc... I think we should decide outselves at such a point that we are dead and stay dead.

That's pretty much how I feel about it as well.  Though, I would rather have revive than "any hit = instadeath".
Very good night yesterday, enjoyed it quite a lot, even my leadership time Smile

Wraith Recon 03

Good thing this time it didn't end up in revive clusterfuck Smile Overall a good mission, and well lead... The only thing I disliked about the mission was the fact that I felt you cannot really make it if you stick to the briefing and don't know what is coming for you, you'll eventually get overrun, and it will end up in a revive clusterfuck.

Lion's Claw

Great mission, I really liked that one. Under the competent leadership of the fiendishly handsome team leader, there is nothing more to be said about this. Well executed, and good job everyone.
EDIT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...n%27s+Claw is the mission's page. Please give the author a pat on the back to encourage him to make more.
Was Wraith Recon mission 3 fairly laggy for anyone else?  It was playable but I was getting some pretty significant framerate drops at times.  I know there's a lot going on so that could be part of it.
No, it turned laggy for me later on Lions Claw.
No problems here during the whole evening...
(03-31-2014, 01:23 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:Very good night yesterday, enjoyed it quite a lot, even my leadership time Smile

Wraith Recon 03

Good thing this time it didn't end up in revive clusterfuck Smile Overall a good mission, and well lead... The only thing I disliked about the mission was the fact that I felt you cannot really make it if you stick to the briefing and don't know what is coming for you, you'll eventually get overrun, and it will end up in a revive clusterfuck.

Yeah it was a great execution, and a nice unexpected extraction at the end. I kinda like missions you can't completed on the first try, but I agree this particuar one was absolutely punishing in this respect. I have a feeling it was created with regular difficulty in mind.

(03-31-2014, 01:23 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:Lion's Claw

Great mission, I really liked that one. Under the competent leadership of the fiendishly handsome team leader, there is nothing more to be said about this. Well executed, and good job everyone.
EDIT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...n%27s+Claw is the mission's page. Please give the author a pat on the back to encourage him to make more.
Handsome indeed! Great execution. Guys, not all that played have commented on the mission, the least we can do is to that. Everybody please vote it up and comment. I think even people who didn't play can vote-up missions we put here. I suppose you can take our word  when others say the mission is good Wink There are too many great missions on the workshop that don't even get one star, so let's keep the left clicks coming. It's safe to assume that everything we play on coop nights is worth a vote up comparing to all the stupid missions that have 5 stars...

Here is the link to the wraith mission:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=229922183

Apparently those backpacks on the ground at the start were suppose to have mines in them Smile

Here's the link to the mission Maverick lead, great job maverick, you should lead more! Wink
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...tank+splat
(04-01-2014, 12:26 PM)Variable link Wrote:I kinda like missions you can't completed on the first try, but I agree this particuar one was absolutely punishing in this respect. I have a feeling it was created with regular difficulty in mind.

What I genuinely dislike about missions like that is that you have to know what is coming in order to make it. I don't mind a difficult mission, but what I do mind is if there is a trick, or prior knowledge, required to win it. A mission should be doable on the first try, even if unlikely, because otherwise it seems unrealistic to me.
(04-01-2014, 12:26 PM)Variable link Wrote:Apparently those backpacks on the ground at the start were suppose to have mines in them Smile

Here's the link to the mission Maverick lead, great job maverick, you should lead more! Wink
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...tank+splat

Ahh...that makes sense.  I was wondering what all of the empty backpacks were for.

And thanks!  I feel a little more comfortable leading a smaller group than a large operation, and overall I think it went well enough.

Went ahead and commented on all appropriate missions.  I believe Tank Splat did not check the task for clearing the town properly, so I made a note of that in my comment.
(04-01-2014, 05:43 PM)MavericK link Wrote:And thanks!  I feel a little more comfortable leading a smaller group than a large operation, and overall I think it went well enough.

You did a good job. Small groups are easier to lead anyway, with larger teams, ideally they are split into fire teams (or you assign them colors like typical fireteams). Give the fireteam leaders orders, and they can manage their team. That way, even large groups become doable.
Note for next time we use underwater transceivers:
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...ost2660566
Oooh, the frequency.  Tongue
Guys before we debrief, thumb up and comment Sierra's mission from last night - "Thornbill". It's the one with the two AAF teams that attempt to stop some guerilla raids on two civilian villages.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=thornbill