Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Phantom Arma 3 Pack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So I'm done with my first Arma 3 mission. It's a CQB mission and I'll start off with a tango hunt to see how it goes. Gear is done via action menu (AI gets automatic loadout). I hope the AI respond well to CQB so this is experimental. You can use many weapon addons if you like for this mission but all are optional. Flashbangs, Massi's weapon pack, R3F weapons, FHQ optics and M4 are some of them. Selecting optics is disable on default, but anyways, I'll accept some feedback. (I will not remove the Action Menu loadout if you may have an issue with that, that took me a while to make). I'd probably most likely like some feedbacks on how the AI responded. Since I couldn't use Zorilya's garrison script with the custom spawned building properly, I decided to manually place the AI inside the buildings and I'll call the script if they are combat alerted. Enjoy.
Congratulation on your first Arma 3 mission Phantom!
Looking forward to it.
Too much hassle... too much headaches -_- not enough time...

Seems like I have trouble with the custom skin on dedicated server for players and loadout not having silencer attached (works on local, not dedicated <could be addon conflicts>). I'll probably put this aside until winter break then.... it's giving me too much headaches already. If too many things change around rendering stuff obsolete, I might scrap this completely.
Alright, I disabled Mikes addon to enable FHQ and R3F optics on stock Arma 3 weapons and that seems to work (except for Katibas). I disable all weapon addons, and that works (except for Katibas). On editor, I load no addon at all and seems to have no problems.... well, this is annoying. The way that BIS implemented attachments break everything. I don't know what to do at the moment, get rid of all the custom stuff (except flashbang since I like flashbangs) or I'm not even sure, I'll think about it later.

It'll makes me even more pissed if someone pulls another "modder will fix it" too. It's more like "modders will waste their time making custom content when it doesn't work right and no one can use it because of a broken system". Such a shame...

EDIT: Don't know about Mike addon, but I'll leave that off for now, but the muzzle_snds_H not working was TMR addon causing the conflict. TMR separated 2 suppressors for MX and Katiba rifles, except I cannot find the classname for Katibas with TMR.

EDIT: Going to add an extra parameter for the mission (enable/disable TMR fix)
Fixed the suppressor problem by adding another parameter for the TMR addon.
Still having a problem with the custom SWAT skins

This is inside my init.sqf
Code:
_swat = [p1,p2,p3,p4,p5,p6,p7,p8,p9,p10];
[[{_x setobjecttexture [0,"texture\swat.paa"];} forEach _swat],"BIS_fnc_Spawn",true,true] call BIS_fnc_MP;

I played as Red Team squad leader and my entire team does not have the SWAT skin, but the Blue Team who are all AI all have the SWAT skin.
It would help to know who is red team ?
Red team = p1, p2, p3, p4, p5
Blue team = p6, p7, p8, p9, p10
(10-13-2013, 06:31 PM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]Red team = p1, p2, p3, p4, p5
Blue team = p6, p7, p8, p9, p10

Why not put

Code:
this setobjecttexture [0,"texture\swat.paa"];

in the init field of the units?
That's the problem. It doesn't show up on dedicated server. It works on vehicles, but if you put it on playable units, I can't see the black SWAT uniform.

Right now, I can see the uniform (haven't tried dedicated yet for 2nd try) for the team I'm not in, but for the team I join, I do not have the custom uniform skin nor do my AI teammates.
(10-13-2013, 07:11 PM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]That's the problem. It doesn't show up on dedicated server. It works on vehicles, but if you put it on playable units, I can't see the black SWAT uniform.

Right now, I can see the uniform (haven't tried dedicated yet for 2nd try) for the team I'm not in, but for the team I join, I do not have the custom uniform skin nor do my AI teammates.

Hmm, maybe you need to set it on the uniform item? I mean after all the texture is on the uniform, not on the unit. It might work for AI because they may be handled differently...

What happens if you switch over to one of the retextured units?
(10-13-2013, 07:15 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]What happens if you switch over to one of the retextured units?

I have the textured uniform when I switch over to the retextured units.

Here's the issue I'm having on the screenshots, I want all of those units with SWAT uniform, not just the team I didn't start off as

http://i.imgur.com/Jr6ZnHD.jpg?1
(10-13-2013, 07:56 PM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]I have the textured uniform when I switch over to the retextured units.

Here's the issue I'm having on the screenshots, I want all of those units with SWAT uniform, not just the team I didn't start off as

http://i.imgur.com/Jr6ZnHD.jpg?1

You neglected to mention that the texture is completely black on the player team.

What happens if you use a procedural texture instead of the paa, for example

_x setObjectTexture [0, "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(1,0,0,1)"];

Because it looks like the player version doesn't find the texture.
Already resolved, just had to call the script after init.
Good to go, enjoy. Drive the SWAT van (hunters) to get to the place, should be a 1 km drive (before I decided to make near spawn but then AI causing firefights in the beginning is bad). Players upped to 12.
Great! Any required addons?
Pages: 1 2 3 4