Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Scary things
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
stepped into my backyard and found this shrivel up crawler right outside the door

[Image: Qf56DNi.jpg]

Found their webs behind the laundry machine. I found some more webs on the shoe rack where I left my newly washed shoes to dry and found their babies on there too (well one or two of them).
While on the road I went to the toilet in the middle of nowhere, met this this fella who is actually bigger than it looks on the picture, I would say 4-5cm in size. He was just there staring at me like he was saying "I allow you to take a piss this one time".
(09-23-2014, 11:50 AM)Misha link Wrote: [ -> ]While on the road I went to the toilet in the middle of nowhere, met this this fella who is actually bigger than it looks on the picture, I would say 4-5cm in size. He was just there staring at time like he was saying "I allow you to take a piss this one time".

Yeah, "I allow you to take a piss, then I will find you, and I will kill you" :O
I know this is a reasonable thread necro but I'm killing time at work and couldn't help but laugh at these little puny spiders you are all worried about.

Come here to Australia, I'll show you what real spiders look like! Wink
I got use to them now.... unless they crawl on me when I'm not suspecting it. (Unless they're cellar spiders, jumping spiders, or the sort I'm ok with them). Had another crawl on my chest at a tree at school this summer, but good thing I was wearing a spandex shirt so it can't go under my skin.

Heh, you aussies got red backs (the fatter version of black widows <more poisonous too I assume>) and funnel webs and all kinds of poisonous crap.
(12-19-2014, 09:45 AM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]Heh, you aussies got red backs (the fatter version of black widows <more poisonous too I assume>) and funnel webs and all kinds of poisonous crap.
hehe, I just asked my mother in law to get me Redback boots, she's in Australia now, and I didn't realize it's named after a spider.
Attached are just two of the many photos I've snapped over the years of spiders I've run across at home.  Fortunately where I am is a little bit too cold for Funnel Webs to appear but red backs are a dime a dozen but are often outside or in the garage rather than making their way inside.
(12-19-2014, 03:18 PM)Imperator link Wrote: [ -> ]Attached are just two of the many photos I've snapped over the years of spiders I've run across at home.  Fortunately where I am is a little bit too cold for Funnel Webs to appear but red backs are a dime a dozen but are often outside or in the garage rather than making their way inside.

Thank you, no Australia vacation for me Smile
(08-28-2014, 09:53 AM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]http://youtu.be/a4N0JTvB4jc

Just a cute little snake getting some shut eye Wink (though... snakes can't close their eyes)

Heart skipped a beat there.  :o
looking at the stuff in this thread makes me think I won the lottery by being born in Finland.  ;D  Nothing venomous enough to kill a grown man. If you are going to die because of an animal in Finland, 90% of the time it will be a moose or deer that you drove into.
Ahhh, I went up into the nearby regional park (beware of rattlesnake and bobcat signs around). I haven't seen a rattlesnake yet, maybe I heard the rattle once, but not sure or whether I was tripping... I have yet to find one, but I know they're out here somewhere (maybe I should try going off the hiking trail and see <I'm glad I decided to take less courses this time, I needed a good old nature walk again>), good thing about rattlers are that they rattle. They let you know they're around.

There's a small snake at school who hides in a bush sometimes by the gym. It's not poisonous, but sometimes before the runners run, if they packed light, they'd put their bags in the bushes (and hopefully if someone try to steal bags <which haven't happened> they'd be too scared of the snake to try). If items are worth more, then we'd just put in the lockers (but when not too much valuables, too lazy to go rent). I like reptiles.

Most spiders I see are quite timid and will run instead of bite on spot (bees are more likely to attack me because I accidentally got close, spiders runs away. I touched a bee by accident on my backpack inside the computer lab (how did it get there), and I got stung. I had a spider crawled up my chest at night after working out, (it just run around like crazy but its nonpoisonous). Its not a pleasant feeling having 8 legs rubbing your skin (especially around your vital organ areas, it feels very awkward).
Is there a word for fear of snakes? Because I definitely have that.
(01-15-2015, 09:27 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a word for fear of snakes? Because I definitely have that.

Ophidiophobia
Well then I'm definitely a Ophidiophile then. I even get mad at other people just going near them.
How do you deal with the snakes in Arma 3 ?
I hate them, but mostly because they are a foolish addition since they are harmless. Maybe if that was different, I could have dealt with my fears!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4