Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: How do you feel about marksmen dlc guns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
In summary we get 2 new LMGs and 5 marksman rifles. Is anybody excited for new weapons with so many free community addons out there
I'm really looking forward to the new weapons as well as the new features. From what I have seen they look and sound amazing. Can't wait!
I'm can't say I'm too excited about more imaginary weapons. However, I'm totally hyped towards the resting, deployment and AI suppression mechanic.
The new weapons look excellent and have quite convincing reload animations which is great. Most of them are real weapons anyway, except for one. I love the Mk.14 DMR.

On top of that the resting/deploying/bipod mechanics is really good.
We used to pay 12 eur for DLC like BAF, now for the same money we get few rifles, some effects, and one mission.
The BAF and PMC DLC's were I think 10 Euros each, no? In any case, I agree that the content is a bit thin. I consider the DLC more or less a donation towards continued development of the game, also because most of the platform features are free anyway.

What I really REALLY dislike is the fact that there is next to no playable content in it. End Game is a TvT mode, as such it looks interesting for people that are into that kind of gameplay. Other than that, two showcase missions that I already played in the dev branch - they're okay, but that's it. PMC and BAF used to come with their own small campaign, even bootcamp offered more playable content that this; if I were a single player player, I would probably not consider the DLC since there is hardly anything in it for me. They must be really hard at work on the Expansion, because AFAIK Zipper5 is their full-time mission designer, and it doesn't seem like he has been doing a lot of that recently.

As I said, the quality of the weapons is really good, but the major point for me is the platform features.
I haven't tried Dev so I'll have to wait until I've tried the features when released but I've been using the VTS mod to deploy weapons and ASR-AI does suppression I believe, so I wonder if I'm going to find anything to get excited about.
Oh man i just saw there's going to be a vanilla revive system introduced for multiplayer Big GrinDD

-New weapons/vests/ghillie suits/scopes
-Improved gunfire sounds
-Weapon handling/bipod resting
-Ai supression
-Virtual garage

It is a good day to start playing arma 3. shit i wish i could get back into it
(04-04-2015, 09:53 AM)Watchmen link Wrote: [ -> ]Oh man i just saw there's going to be a vanilla revive system introduced for multiplayer Big GrinDD

Yeah, but the revive is pretty simple from what I could see, nothing like Psycho's or the original Arma 2 stuff. Unfortunately.
(04-04-2015, 09:24 AM)doveman link Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't tried Dev so I'll have to wait until I've tried the features when released but I've been using the VTS mod to deploy weapons and ASR-AI does suppression I believe, so I wonder if I'm going to find anything to get excited about.
Doveman, VTS is no where near the new resting and deployment system. Firstly, it will happen automatically, you won't have to manually initiate it like in VTS; if there's a legit surfave nearby, your weapon will be rested. Also, VTS doesn't have bipods, which provide better support for the weapon when firing. Deployment is also done in a very nice way - when deployed, your character will move around the axis of the bipods, with appropriate animation for your body. Have a look here:
http://www.twitch.tv/arma3official/b/633875336
I'm pretty excited about the update, while its not that content heavy there's lots of much desired perks for infantry. I think Alwarren said it best -- I see it as supporting the product. I spend more for a night at the movies than this DLC, and I get a lot more enjoyment from playing ARMA than a movie so its an easy sell for me Smile
(04-04-2015, 10:26 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly, it will happen automatically, you won't have to manually initiate it like in VTS; if there's a legit surfave nearby, your weapon will be rested.

No it isn't automatic (that would be annoying if you think about it), you have to bind a key and press it to rest/deploy bipod. Good thing is that your stance indicator comes with a bar indicating when it's possible to deploy and if you are deployed and also doesn't break off during reloading like VTS. Switched to and played dev build today out of curiosity.

(04-04-2015, 07:41 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: [ -> ]No it isn't automatic (that would be annoying if you think about it), you have to bind a key and press it to rest/deploy bipod. Good thing is that your stance indicator comes with a bar indicating when it's possible to deploy and if you are deployed and also doesn't break off during reloading like VTS. Switched to and played dev build today out of curiosity.
By automatic I was referring to resting. Deployment is indeed triggered by a key.
Forget all the features mention above. Check the changelog.

IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!!11!

Quote:Fixed: Knocked over trees should now fall down in the correct direction after vehicle collision in MP
(04-04-2015, 07:41 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: [ -> ]No it isn't automatic (that would be annoying if you think about it), you have to bind a key and press it to rest/deploy bipod. Good thing is that your stance indicator comes with a bar indicating when it's possible to deploy and if you are deployed and also doesn't break off during reloading like VTS. Switched to and played dev build today out of curiosity.
Time is to remove VTS from optional addons?
Pages: 1 2 3