Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: New Terrain @ E3!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Interesting observation from a Reddit user:
http://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/38...ng/crvhbdg
I thought Indonesia like terrain is pretty much confirmed given the furniture and other assets that Thailand modeling company made for BIS?
Indonesia's southern half is south of the equator, so it might be that, yeah
Of course, my point was the if it's going to be Indonesia, there's little value in discovering that the new environment is going to be in the Southern Hemisphere, because that's where Indonesia is.
It could still be Pacific. Or maybe it's something completely different, like New Zealand or Falklands.  Tongue
I wonder, as it's announced as a new Terrain pack does it mean that it will not be usual expansion like we had in the past featuring new armies, vehicles, weapons, campaign, etc. On the other hand, it's hard to imagine that they will only make one island or two and nothing else, but terminology suggests that it contain less content than earlier expansions in Arma 2.
Better yet, the tiling issue is about to get fixed.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...ost2946668
I'm hoping for something with a bit more vegetation than Altis/Stratis, maybe even something with snow!
(06-06-2015, 10:08 PM)Etzu link Wrote:I'm hoping for something with a bit more vegetation than Altis/Stratis, maybe even something with snow!

Hoping more vegetation != low FPS.
Now snow would be the great, we never had official winter map (but to be true neither the jungle/tropical map). But if new map is in southern hemisphere this would have to be Antartic, which would be a bit boring, or it could be on Andes which is slightly better. But I'm actually hoping for North European (read Finnish)/North American (read Canadian) winter map which would feature dense forests.

I'm not a jungle enthusiast, not only because of possible low fps but also because Arma is simply not meant for that kind of maps. Enemies can still see you through vegetation so you will have serious disadvantage that can ruin gameplay.

It's been months, maybe years since I got shot through vegetation in Arma. True, in some places it might happen due to incorrect configuration for the grass, but the AI in this respect is fixed as far as I can tell.
(06-07-2015, 01:35 PM)Variable link Wrote:It's been months, maybe years since I got shot through vegetation in Arma. True, in some places it might happen due to incorrect configuration for the grass, but the AI in this respect is fixed as far as I can tell.

It does. Sometimes the AI guesses your position behind a bush and opens fire on you just to suppress you, and that might hit. But as a rule, AI does not see through vegetation.

With grass, it's a bit different. Group clutter is assumed to be around 70 cm high, so if you are concealed below that line they won't see you (prone). They will see you under certain other situations.
(06-07-2015, 01:02 PM)Misha link Wrote:Now snow would be the great, we never had official winter map (but to be true neither the jungle/tropical map). But if new map is in southern hemisphere this would have to be Antartic, which would be a bit boring, or it could be on Andes which is slightly better. But I'm actually hoping for North European (read Finnish)/North American (read Canadian) winter map which would feature dense forests.

I'm not a jungle enthusiast, not only because of possible low fps but also because Arma is simply not meant for that kind of maps. Enemies can still see you through vegetation so you will have serious disadvantage that can ruin gameplay.

While not official, you may want to try out Bornholm map for your Northern European fix - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27056
Thanks, looks beautiful, hope there are missions for it.
Pages: 1 2 3