Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Coop stories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(06-12-2010, 06:30 PM)Overlord link Wrote: [ -> ]Lordi

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin :'(
allright you forum community! What's up with todays coop?!  ???
My network connection was unstable the whole weekend, that's why I didn't join but as always you (and all other players with password) are free to join server whenever you want. There is always a chance other players are monitoring server via OFPWatch so they'll join if someone connect.

But summertime is normally a bit slow on server.
(06-13-2010, 02:29 AM)RKDmitriyev link Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if that song is typical of them but I just listened to it and I find it quite dorky rather than scary. FIRE IN THE HOLE dup dup dup dup dup dup :Smile I think I'll stick to my [url=
Quote:You see, the actual cause of this problem is not the dispersion, but actually its more the fact that we either engage relatively close, or Marto has given us scoped weapons. Both give players a massive advantage over AI.

Aren't the AI dispersion coefficients also set much higher, though? ???
(06-14-2010, 10:50 PM)RKDmitriyev link Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:You see, the actual cause of this problem is not the dispersion, but actually its more the fact that we either engage relatively close, or Marto has given us scoped weapons. Both give players a massive advantage over AI.

Aren't the AI dispersion coefficients also set much higher, though? ???
Yeah, but the higher ROF of AIs at all ranges over normal Flashpoint AI counters this.
Quote:Aren't the AI dispersion coefficients also set much higher, though?

Yeah, but the higher ROF of AIs at all ranges over normal Flashpoint AI counters this.

Not only are the AI dispersion coeffients set higher (much higher), but the dispersion setting in the magazine section is set higher also. The bullet damage is lowered a bit as well, however min & mid ranges in ammo section were made better with a higher hit probabilty.
Well MJ if it wern't for Marto's scoped weapons I for one would never hit anything Lol. In RL I shoot fairly well (we Texans get alot of practice you know lol), but in game with the iron sights I can barely see the target let alone hit it most of the time.
(06-15-2010, 01:32 AM)Viking link Wrote: [ -> ]Well MJ if it wern't for Marto's scoped weapons I for one would never hit anything Lol. In RL I shoot fairly well (we Texans get alot of practice you know lol), but in game with the iron sights I can barely see the target let alone hit it most of the time.

That being the point, trying to shoot a guy at 300m is difficult, even before you start panicking when they shoot back at you. Theres a reason why on average it takes about 5-10k rounds expended per insurgent killed.
And afik almost all infantery engagement during e.g. WW2 and the Viatnam War happend at distanc <100m?
Well, with the weapons at that time... With something like thompson or mp40 a hit from over 100m would propably have been just pure luck! But I guess that It depends nowadays alot from the terrain! And IMHO OFPs maps have unrealistically small ammount of forestation so the engagement ranges stay well over 100m!
But i guess that the gameplay would be quite different if there were more forests and trees everywhere!

Ps. And AS FAR AS I KNOW they didn't have too many acog or red dot sights those days Big Grin
(06-15-2010, 07:05 PM)Bubba link Wrote: [ -> ]Well, with the weapons at that time...
Wasn't M16 introduced during Vietnam?
(06-15-2010, 07:05 PM)Bubba link Wrote: [ -> ]And IMHO OFPs maps have unrealistically small ammount of forestation ...
Agree
(06-15-2010, 07:05 PM)Bubba link Wrote: [ -> ]But i guess that the gameplay would be quite different if there were more forests and trees everywhere!
That's why we play ArmA2 Smile
Some massive crashes and frustration last wednesday. Was it the server or someones addons? And then we were not even able to complete one of the missions althought everything was done. Something that wasn't thought when the mission was made!

After everyone left me and Ugi completed that weird mission in which the ark of the covenant was in finland. Mission was "Raiders of the lost treasure". Mission was fun and the idea was hillarious.
Mission was completed... pretty easily but I just happened to die right at the last fight fight where we were supposed to capture airplane and escape the island. Ugi finished the mission easily even though there were atleast four of those god damn mosin-nagant-sniper assholes left after I died! Big Grin
Mission could be fun with people up to like 5 but more than that... not enough weapons and seats in the trucks!

http://s891.photobucket.com/albums/ac119...ngaway.jpg
http://s891.photobucket.com/albums/ac119...tatics.jpg
Do you remember which missions you had problem with? Or is it anything "out of ordinary" you remember? Can be helpfull in the future. For missions not ending I know there are some missions where the end trigger is VERY small Big Grin
Have spent 30 min looking for it myself.

The problem with not running equalmod is players can connect with "bad" addons. Not that I accuse anyone for cheating, but some addons just don't work well with other addons, specially with a whole mod as FDF. Some addons ain't made for MP and several others simply don't work. This is discussed properly in several treads, I won't rip it up here. Let's hope players use the official addon pack from our page and stay with that.

There can still be a few missions on server with the FDF Shilka, one of the addons which cause major lag even if it is a FDF addon. We have replaced it in several missions and they run smooth after.

Edit: No wonder you, and the server, had trouble; with all those conflicting mods. According to log some of you used WGL, some FDF and yet others used FDF with CiA addons which is the correct configuration....
Don't blame me, sort out your addons  ;D
HAHA, guess someone should clear up certain folders! But I believe I atleast should not be causing any problems for I only play OFP with you guys so I should not have any different addons that im supposed to!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8