Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Coop stories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
BTW. I've heard wild rumors that you have played another game modes like CTI and stuff. I was just wondering if it could be possible to play something like this at some coming coop night?

Who would come and is there someone who wouldn't come in any circumstances?

I can say immediately that I would be in if it is done!

Ps.  I went to read the first pages of the home page and fount out that CiA has actually played clan matches!! Tongue Well Yeah it was like +6 years ago but.. Big Grin
The trouble with CTI games is that usually they are set over far too vast an area. If there was one with working AI, set over 3 or maybe 4 towns relatively close together, so fighting actually happened, with us all in one group, maybe 2, so it played like an ongoing stalemated war, which only our squad/s could really effect, would be fun I imagine.
So you mean PvP but with no AI? Yeah. that would require really small area. I think Two towns very close to each would be very big area for about 10 players! But there are many skilled mission makers in this community I presume? And I guess that a mission like that would not be too hard to make?

Or Mjolnir did you mean that we should all be on the same team and play against AI?
We have loads of PvP missions for FDF, very cool from time to time. We play some once in a while but I would say it require 10+ players.
(06-22-2010, 01:23 PM)Bubba link Wrote: [ -> ]So you mean PvP but with no AI? Yeah. that would require really small area. I think Two towns very close to each would be very big area for about 10 players! But there are many skilled mission makers in this community I presume? And I guess that a mission like that would not be too hard to make?

Or Mjolnir did you mean that we should all be on the same team and play against AI?

No, I mean take the basic idea behind PvP and make it into a normal coop mission which has slightly more atmospheric feeling to it, with AI vs AI at the same time.
Ok Mjolnir, Didn't get the point from your post.

And Overlord I believe it could be done if it was "announced" like a week or two before the PvP night is kept.

And Would it be better if it was players as leaders and AI squads OR few AI squads and us in one or few squads (on both sides!). If there were AI squads it would frustrate some people like hell (read = me, for I hate trying to control an AI squad!). But on the other hand it would really give the feeling of a full scale war going on if there were atleast 50 vs 50 (players and AIs) fighting on a well designed area fitting the purpose.

So what do you think? A small tactical game with only few AIs or larger scale battle with some frustration and tears but with the atmostphere? But then.. It's after all OFP, woud it lag badly if there were 80-90 AIs? ofcourse the game supports that big action. But not nearly as well as ARMA I and II!
I think mak units in OFP is 64 but I don't believe it's much point in it. It would be missions mostly for the killing and no reasonable porpose with it. I would rather play a mission with less units where you actually have a job to do. And there is the problem with AI's, pretty hard to order an AI to crawl inside a base and steal a laptop Tongue
Some AI's is allright, I think Zwobot is working on a mission with AI's friendly to "nobody".
YEAHYEAHYEAH. My integrated audio board has somehow made it self invisible to my motherboard and I'm not able to hear anything from my computer. So You'll not se me playing for some time... Driver is intel IDT and Because computer doesn't somehow understand that there is an audio board integrated to it, I can't install the drivers... I'll try to figure out is this because of my motherboard or so I just need to install windows again... yeeeehaw!! points to Intel + Windows!  >Sad
Have you checked BIOS (option enabeled)?
No, it came to my mind, but I decided that I should re-install windows once a year! Big Grin To a gamers computer that will be a good thing, especially to my comp, for it gets full of useless files from deleted games. And useless games too! Big Grin So now everything is working perfectly. And i did a 44 hour work week (would've been 4 hours longer if friday would have not been so lazy! Tongue ) this week so I wouldn't have played with you anyway, though maybe this sunday I'll pop up! And I'll maybe buy Arma 2 today so TO ALL YOU already on the dark side, you'll propably need to try to bear me next tuesday! Tongue
Dont worry Bubba, I have trained them well.... in carrying players I mean...   :Smile
WHAT! DO YOU SUGGEST THAT I'LL BE CARRIED ALOT?!?!?! Big Grin
Yes of course, it's everyone's privilege to be carried and touched (=magically healed) during the firefights.  I hope you are comfortable with that. ;D
Quote: And I'll maybe buy Arma 2 today so TO ALL YOU already on the dark side, you'll propably need to try to bear me next tuesday! Tongue

Poor ArmA2's players  ;D
(07-02-2010, 08:25 PM)mikka link Wrote: [ -> ]Poor ArmA2's players  ;D
From CiA with love and caress....
Try it, you'll like it  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8