Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: LDDK, CiA & Folk joint coop (Arma 2 OA vanilla) - December 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(11-29-2011, 12:51 PM)Spinoza link Wrote:OMG! I just realized the topic is incorrect, its not LDDK & CiA joint FDFmod coop. Its LDDK & CiA & folk Joint Coop, not FDFmod. So you only need Arma2OA. Very sorry it took me this long to realize, as you may imagine I have been extremely busy lately and not necessarily very observant  :-[

Not a problem, it is corrected now.
Sorry I didn't chime in earlier about the piloting situation but it looks like its worked out now.  For reference, even though I enjoy piloting I am by no means unhappy sharing those duties.  I'd hate for other people to not get to enjoy flying around just because of me! 

Definitely count me in as attending though!
Hahhah, this is what I asked Variable about last sunday. I asked him would it be possible to play a coop night with the folk and LDDK. And back then we thought it was just with LDDK.

Huge battles expected! Waiting for this a lot, count me in! (100% sure)

I can also take the role of a pilot of jet or chopper if needed. (I'm better at jets!) But this is if you don't get enough volunteers! Smile
It`s nice to play with CiA Band! So I would like to join on December 4th, are there any free slots for Me? i`d preffere m-gun support or smth like that.
Yes, there are free slots, welcome to the team. Not sure about MG but we'll see.
New to the CIA coops and I want to report in for this event.

Prefered role : infantry, no prefered weapon. Just put me somewhere where I can get to know how things work and can do as little damage as possible for being a newbie in this kind of large co-op events.

Hope you have a place for me as well! If your nearly out of slots and regulars go first I can wait for next sundays co-op night.
@Misha - Although communication with LDDK will have to be via VOIP, would the CiA comrades like to use the Folk TS3 server for this event? We could put Folk and CiA squads in different channels (to keep the noise down), but give our leaders the option of using channel commander to talk to each other.
Why not, in that way we would have all English speaking players on same TS server. I don't see any reason against it. We can use CiA TS server too if you want, but I figure Folk is a bigger group of players so we as a smaller team should come to yours.
I removed the Apache, I figured a Warthog and two Harriers is plenty, in addition to the transport choppers of course. I promised some form of pre-briefing but Im not quite sure when Im happy with my work. Certainly Sunday morning I will have something  ;D
(11-30-2011, 11:05 PM)Misha link Wrote:Why not, in that way we would have all English speaking players on same TS server. I don't see any reason against it. We can use CiA TS server too if you want, but I figure Folk is a bigger group of players so we as a smaller team should come to yours.

That sounds like a good plan (CiA is far more organised than the Folk comrades, so you'll find your way to our TS3 server more reliably than we will to yours!). Here are the details:

Teamspeak 3
Address: server.herosquad.org:9988
Password: freedom

I have also created a new channel - CiA - as a sub-channel of the main Folk channel. If you read our instructions for using TeamSpeak 3 you'll find details of how to enable and use Channel Commander. If the CiA players use the Folk > CiA sub-channel and Folk uses the Folk > Channel 1 sub-channel, we should be able to communicate via Channel commander.
(12-01-2011, 08:42 PM)Spinoza link Wrote:I removed the Apache, I figured a Warthog and two Harriers is plenty, in addition to the transport choppers of course.

Nice, probably more work for the infantry then.

(12-01-2011, 08:42 PM)Spinoza link Wrote:I promised some form of pre-briefing but Im not quite sure when Im happy with my work. Certainly Sunday morning I will have something  ;D

It's ok, would be nice if we have it, but can do without it.
(12-02-2011, 04:42 PM)fer link Wrote:I have also created a new channel - CiA - as a sub-channel of the main Folk channel. If you read our instructions for using TeamSpeak 3 you'll find details of how to enable and use Channel Commander. If the CiA players use the Folk > CiA sub-channel and Folk uses the Folk > Channel 1 sub-channel, we should be able to communicate via Channel commander.

Would be good that all CiA participants set the channel commander before the coop in case leader dies and someone take over.
Please feel free to connect to the Folk TS3 server at any time and test your settings, comrades.
The following is a briefing, more detailed orders may follow later. Sorry for possible grammatical errors

Operation Retribution

Basic information:
About two weeks ago several Western cities were devastated by series of explosions. The United states armed forces with co-operation of a small contingent of German KSK troops have been dispatched to Takistan in an effort to locate and eliminate certain individuals believed to be responsible for the attacks. It is also necessary to destroy the Takistani army so it may never again pose a threat to the peace-loving West. Unfortunately the locals have not met us with open arms, as we hoped, but have activelly opposed our movements. The diplomats failed, its up to you now.

Briefing:
This operation will not be easy. The enemy is well informed about our situation and will no doubt do their best to terminate our presence. Expect ambushes, air threats and enemy armour. Enemy surface to air weaponry is particularly effective and abundant. The local militia has taken up arms and is trying to slow down our advance to the north so be on the lookout for these people. We have secured some area around the airfield but once you leave the blue rectangular you are entering enemy territory. The time is 06.20 hours local time. Good luck!

Missions:
-Find a eliminate the local warlord.
-Locate Takistani army SCUD launcher and destroy it.
-Eliminate the Takistani colonel Aziz.
-The Takistani army has a supply base in Garmsar, destroy the base and everything in it.
-If possible, destroy all enemy presence at the enemy airfield but this is not a priority mission (optional).

Equipment and support:
The allied factions have been assigned vehicles and are located at starting points of respective faction. In addition to vehicles, ammo and weaponboxes are also available at starting points.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/7489/retriw.jpg
Apparently a patch (1.60RC) has been released. Bad timing in my opinion. I have no idea at this time if the LDDK server will be upgraded to 1.60. And I have no idea if the guests will upgrade, as I said, really bad timing again.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7