Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: LDDK, CiA & Folk joint coop (Arma 2 OA vanilla) - December 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(12-03-2011, 10:15 AM)Spinoza link Wrote:Apparently a patch (1.60RC) has been released. Bad timing in my opinion. I have no idea at this time if the LDDK server will be upgraded to 1.60. And I have no idea if the guests will upgrade, as I said, really bad timing again.

Damn me.. over the excitement of the 1.60 release I went ahead and installed it. Totally forgot about the compatibility.
Any chance on switching to 1.60?  :Smile
Just been informed, LDDK server will not be upgraded to 1.60 RC. So, 1.59 is still on.
Spinoza, I would seriously reconsider postponing the event, given the 1.6 release. I guess Kenwort is not alone.
Not only saying that because I can't attend tomorrow... Wink
There is a trick where you back up your old files, install new patch, and to revert to an earlier version you just put old files back. It is simple as that because no changes are made to the registry. You can switch between different versions of the game easily. But I'm not sure which files and folders exactly need to be copied.

Overlord explained this procedure some time ago in these forums, but I can't find his post.
No problem to revert back. Hope we move to 1.60 soon though, I can feel a performance boost already with this patch + 5 - 7 fps in benchmarks compared to the old patch and my tests, at least with my configuration Smile
(12-03-2011, 12:56 PM)Variable link Wrote:Spinoza, I would seriously reconsider postponing the event, given the 1.6 release. I guess Kenwort is not alone.
Not only saying that because I can't attend tomorrow... Wink

Server version will stay at 1.59, too close to D-day to postpone. The guys have packed their bags, cleaned their weapons and rearmed, polished their boots and said farewell to families and loved ones. Events are set in motion and can not be stopped. Operation Retribution commences as scheduled on December 4th. I suspect there will be some answer from the takis soon...
So how many of us will be joining from CiA?

I think, if there are only like 5 players we should join the normal Folk channel on TS and join as one group, just like last time, even though that caused some heart ache to some people. Yes it chaotic but does it have any point to separate us if we are only like 5 players? Big Grin
Varanon, alwarren, and David plan to join too. I hope they will post here. By the way, is it posted somewhere about the LDDK server details you will need to connect to? I would edit the first post with that and with Folk TS information.
I will send private message to everyone who applied to participate with connection details. It may take till tomorrow till I do that so please be patient, you will have it hours before coop start.

Inlesco, Savage [Ronin] and Foxhound might join too.
I might be interested as well although sundays are difficult ones for me.
If I manage to delegate the parenting duties early enough I could be available.

I'll post again tomorrow when I have more details of the evening.

Br
VanhA
Also joining Blindog and Zinchux from [Ronin Squad]

so it's

Blindog
Kenwort
Savage
Zinchux

from the ronins Smile
I took liberty to edit the first post and add general mission overview plus teamspeak details.
Before I forget, soundmod (JSRS etc.), STHUD are ok. And please FRAPS like crazy Tongue
Glad I don't have Arma on Steam (since it autoupdates) :p

Looking forward to dropping some ordinance tomorrow!

Also... Just so I'm on time... the game is at 21:00 CET correct?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7