Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: X-Wing Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Both games have been finally released on GOG! I started playing both but I'm kinda holding back because XWA mods are not compatible yet with the new GOG version [EDIT - They work now!]. I managed to hack XWA to play on 1920x1080 resolution and I have to say this is an amazing game. Surpases X-Wing and TIE fighter in almost every paramter.

XvT has a coop mode in its campaigns!!!! Is there anyone interested? ??? ?

If anyone is getting XWA make sure to install these mods/tweaks:
1. XWA Hacker (to allow it to play on full HD)
2. XWA Upgrade Pack - a full modification mod, new spacecraft models, new stars, new everything. Amazing.
3. RunFirst - to set the game to work with one processor, there are some sound issues with multi-core systems (I had it in there, probably part of the upgrade pack, but it needs installing none theless.

I'll add more explanations/links if people will be interested.
I installed the XWAUpgrade Pack and on full HD the game just looks... breathtaking. Really guys, if you have the slightest appeal to space sims or Star Wars, don't miss this game out!
See screenshots on a GOG forum thread

And a one as a teaser:
[Image: 63ad6addb3462b657c15213a2371f594ee445abe.jpg]
(01-22-2015, 11:15 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]XvT has a coop mode in its campaigns!!!! Is there anyone interested? ??? ?
Sounds like fun, I still have the original CD version as you know but with buying the gog version there is a better chance to actually get the multiplayer working.
Does the gog XvT version include the 'Balance of Power' addon?
(01-25-2015, 04:24 PM)Zwobot link Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like fun, I still have the original CD version as you know but with buying the gog version there is a better chance to actually get the multiplayer working.
Does the gog XvT version include the 'Balance of Power' addon?
I launched it once to see that it works before I started on XWA, but I'm pretty sure I saw it in there.
(01-25-2015, 11:43 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]I installed the XWAUpgrade Pack and on full HD the game just looks... breathtaking. Really guys, if you have the slightest appeal to space sims or Star Wars, don't miss this game out!
See screenshots on a GOG forum thread

And a one as a teaser:
http://static04.gog.com/upload/forum/201...445abe.jpg

Damn, I really need to get these games again. *sigh* So many games, so few hours a day...
Variable, would you be available for session(s) between Monday and Wednesday?

I'll download both gog versions for XvT and XWA later today.
Yeah, I'll be able to clear an evening.
Add me on steam?
Here's something I wrote on the XWA forum on GOG:

Quote:I played through X-wing (classic missions) and TIE-fighter (hard difficulty, all secondary objectives complete), and XWA is the hardest one (on hard difficulty). However, I LOVE how hard it is, because it pushes the player to the edge of his capabilities, more than any other game in the series. I love the fact that your vulnerabilities are emphasised, I love that TIE Fighters can rip you apart in one pass (let's face it, in the game X-wing you could have easily shake them off, by turning towards them. It wasn't more than a nuisance), I love the fact that my shields are just a little advantage I have over a TIE fighter and not overpowered-unfair-toward-the-opponent kind of advantage I had over all the unshielded enemy craft on X-wing, I love how you must keep your speed high and keep on maneuvering constantly to avoid being shot, I love that a fraction of a second, more than any other game I played, can mean the difference between life and death. In this game more than ever, you got to demonstrate skills to complete your missions. The mission that emphasised this the best is the A-wing recon mission where you have to scan the Imperial search group and shoot down the probes the Star Destroyer launched. It was just amazing flying through all the turbolaser fire while scanning the ships and later on shooting those probes WHILE cork screwing towards them. Easily one of the best gaming moments I had in all my life.
You're sick  Wink

Haven't logged in to steam for ages and I only ever had it for one game anyway.
X-wing alliance completed... that was one hell of a ride. I recommend to play the game on Medium difficulty. Hard is too extreme, even for my masochistics standards. I asked around on the forums and all the vets play on medium, I wish it was a tad harder, though.

Zwobot, yeah, XvT includes Balance of Power. I'm playing it now, it's like X-wing on speeds lol.

Close ups of models used for filming original movies. Awesomeness!

http://www.slightlywarped.com/crapfactor...r_wars.htm
(02-10-2015, 09:45 PM)Misha link Wrote: [ -> ]Close ups of models used for filming original movies. Awesomeness!

http://www.slightlywarped.com/crapfactor...r_wars.htm
AMAZING! Note the hebrew letters on the speeder Smile
(02-16-2015, 11:36 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]AMAZING! Note the hebrew letters on the speeder Smile

Ahh cool. I would never have known. Does it say anything or is it just random letters?
Just random letters. Darth vader has hebrew letters on his chest plate too. And they are gibberish, too Smile
I suppose Hebrew seemed exotic to the Star Wars designers.
Funny, I've seen these letters so many times but did not recognize it till now. Now Vader seems like Israeli built refrigerator.

I am amazed by the models they made for the movie. So much better than CGI, I never got used to it. Star destroyer is my favorite, look how many details they added.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7