Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Nicknames Origins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I needed a new nickname since the ones i usually use were all taken.
My dads name is Evan so it's like an homage to him.
When I was younger I had a huge interest in ancient Egypt and therefore my name comes after an Egyptian Pharaoh named after my favourite Egyptian deity Seth (god of the desert, storms, disorder, violence and foreigners). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seti_II https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Set_(deity)
That's it Smile
Can't beat the coolness on the Pharohs!
Why the II?
The two is a rather sad story.
I had an account somewhere with just Sethos, but forgot the password for it and there was no recover password thing (pretty poor website and quite long ago). So I just created a new account with with a two in roman numerals and that was "Sethos II". So it happened just by accident Big Grin
Feel free to drop it here if you want to get back to being just Sethos. I can rename your account, just let me know.
I shorten my name alot of the time.

Den is shortened for 'Dennis'.
(10-22-2015, 06:51 PM)Variable link Wrote:Feel free to drop it here if you want to get back to being just Sethos. I can rename your account, just let me know.
No need for that. I got used to it and like it now.
BTW, Tao Steel is my computers traditional name, it is a tribute to my two bands, one was kind of ad hoc project called Tao Mao Lao (under some Chinese influence you can tell), and the second was Celik Promet, meaning Steel Trade.
So since the early days of the internet and a cool plate on my uncles truck I went by HRD2BEAT. I was 18 and was pretty cocky. I loved gaming and racing so it fit. After many years most of my friends called me "H" or "H2B". I stayed with that and about 8 years ago I started playing iRacing.com and we had to use our real name so I lost touch with that nickname. A year ago a few buddies of mine and I toyed around with twitch.tv and started broadcasting races as commentary for leagues of iRacing. Because I sometimes stutter my speech when I get excited my buddy Troy started calling me Rosco. If you see me use 59 anywhere in a name or car number it's my football number from high school.

Not a super interesting back story but it's mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What does stutter got to do with the nickname Rosco?
Rosco from dukes of hazard was a bit off when he spoke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7