Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Coop stories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
New topic for coop nights in general where you can discuss e.g. about the missions we have played and want to play in the future. Let the "Completed missions" topic be dedicated to the missions we have actually completed.

Nice going yesterday again.
We got quite far for example on Stanch Rangers mission where we had to 1st ambush T80 patrol. Mines were effective on 2 different ambush spots and antitank weapons and A10 support helped us to get rid of the last of enemy tanks on the 1st objective. We though lost many good guys there who did their best and became war heros in our memories.

After that we got 2nd objective that purpose was to neutralize enemy spetz natz camp in the north of the main land. We flied there with one little bird very low near the sea level because of the recon info about possible ZSU-23 near the LZ and landed nicely on the south western part of the cape. Route to the objective was not a sunday trip at all. Enemy armored vehicles and foot patrols were patrolling the area and couple times we had to send some rockets and bullets towards em and end their duty. Enemy was also trying to surround us by sending paratroopers around us by Mi-17´s. Two choppers ended to the sea if i remember right. We got finally close to objective (the ruined fortress) and at that moment we were quite outnumbered. Enemy had managed to get last of the paratroopers between us and the 2nd objective and we had to fight on two different direction. Our team started to get casualties fast. Finally there was only the experienced leader alive who had no choice but to try desperate measures and cause maximum damage to the enemy before moving to the better world because option to surrender and end up to Siberia was not a choice at all! Before casualties started to happen we should have tried to move way faster according to officers orders to the inside of ruins despite the firing from several directions cause the corners inside the ruins would have given us some cover from two different direction.
wow, i missed a great mission.
Nice review slash. It was indeed a violent mission. I am optimistic though, since we now know how to easily overcome the T-80 convoy (using two ambush points, instead of just one). Next time we will move to the second objective with less casualties and with better chances to get through it.

Good game,

Variable
At the risk of sounding like I'm groveling, I feel I really should apologize (again) for causing the last mission I played to fail.

Specifically, I shot one of the hostages with my sniper rifle in Hayya 'alal-fala-h (BormaN's new mission) at a range of about 100m in plain view. He came around a corner behind me and I shot him because I failed to think first. Overlord (leader for this mission) had said to identify targets first. I really don't have any excuse here.

There's not much to say, then, except that I'm sorry, and I hope I can redeem myself on the next co-op night.
Shit happens from time to time Kurtz but I think the mission went well until you got close with your itchy finger Smile
A little slow at start but then we got it rolling.
Overall the mission went well, except I felt the AI could have been a little more agressive. Didn't have enough of a "fear factor". Not to fault Kurtz, but it would have been nice to see it through to the end.  :'(
Regarding missions ending abruptly like that, is there any way to either change them to allow for completion by extraction (or some more complete mission ending) or eliminate them from the server? If an objective is missed, let it be reflected in the debrief. I think it is the case that getting to an extraction/exfil is a mission objective, by default, and should be reflected in the mission.
Main objective in that mission is to save the hostages. But I agree Anguis, there should have been some sort of outro/ explanation of why the mission ended. Feeling sorry you can't extract if hostages die? Remember, we are Soviets Smile
(01-26-2010, 09:12 AM)Overlord link Wrote: [ -> ]Feeling sorry you can't extract if hostages die? Remember, we are Soviets Smile

Big Grin
So I was on the server from about 20:00 to 20:45 today and nobody logged on. :o

I guess "real life" is really catching up with us all, eh?
In a big way, yes.  :o I spent a bit of down-time last week loading CiA OFP onto a laptop. . .

I checked, too, Defective American - didn't see anyone. Certainly, that'll turn around.

I was busy ironing my clothes, but I came by at around 1 am (CET) to test freshly reinstalled FDF. And BTW, I want to play FDF Wednesday more, but Tuesday's Arma 2 night is too close. 
Damn, I almost had forgotten how entertaining it is to play Flashpoint, yesteday reminded again how nice it is  Smile
Don´t let the game get dusty!

We started with two completely different missions: one with desert (next time we shoot that enemy chopper down!) and one with jungle (next time gum won´t shoot our chopper down! Wink)
I couldn't agree more slash. The missions, the conversations and joking between long walks in the desert and during the slotting and briefing - very entertaining coop session yesterday and good leading by Tony and Overlord  Smile
It's a bit strange how relaxed players are when playing FDF, joking about all and everything but still focused on the mission when playing. I guess I help Slash keeping the dust away in the future too Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8