Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Phantom Mission Pack Updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(08-26-2013, 10:57 AM)Variable link Wrote:You seem to be working around the NAC super skill quite a lot, maybe they are not the best OPFOR...
About men in black - I don't know... No one goes to fight wearing suits... The only scenario they seem to fit in is bodyguards for VIPs. Anything different is an immersion killer in my opinion.

I have to agree. Also, I find the NAC to be ridiculously overpowered; the units LOOK good, but their armour is just too good and the stupid rail gun is an instant killer.
I guess there's an option to make them take double damage via scripting or something. Well, even if it wasn't NAC, anyone that see you at that spot in Namalsk = you're dead NACs or no NACs. You probably won't see them through all the objects and the guard towers might take you out. My main purpose for that before you get to the tunnels was stealth....

Anyways, I'm done with this pack now. If I'm going to change up the mission a lot, I rather make a new mission at this point and a whole new pack. I'm closing this one off now. It gets tiring after modifying the same mission over and over.
(08-27-2013, 07:35 AM)Phantom link Wrote:I guess there's an option to make them take double damage via scripting or something.

Only with a HandleDamage event handler

Quote:Well, even if it wasn't NAC, anyone that see you at that spot in Namalsk = you're dead NACs or no NACs. You probably won't see them through all the objects and the guard towers might take you out.

I prefer that over these overpowered NAC units. At least getting shot by someone I didn't spot feels authentic. Getting shot by someone that I already spend half a clip on doesn't.

Quote:My main purpose for that before you get to the tunnels was stealth....

Remember what happened inside the complex.

Quote:Anyways, I'm done with this pack now. If I'm going to change up the mission a lot, I rather make a new mission at this point and a whole new pack. I'm closing this one off now. It gets tiring after modifying the same mission over and over.

I'd do them same. Working on the same missions trying to get them to perfection is never fun. Make new ones Wink

(08-27-2013, 07:35 AM)Phantom link Wrote:Anyways, I'm done with this pack now. If I'm going to change up the mission a lot, I rather make a new mission at this point and a whole new pack. I'm closing this one off now. It gets tiring after modifying the same mission over and over.
Definitely, this pack gave us a lot of fun hours (although some NAC frustration). I loved that awesome defense mission near the bridge especially and I have many other cherished moments to remember from these pack's missions.
I agree, it's best to carry on to new missions instead of endlessly tweaking and improving existing missions.
Just going to update carrier corruption.

Not going to release to public since it's more hassle for me to change some more readmes and such and this pack is too large for me to want to bother with anymore.

Remade version of whorehouse invasion. You have no NV Goggles this time and it should be less denser in enemies. Still expect most of them to be inside the buildings (you might want to bombard it).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6