Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Black screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
"The firmware version is correct on your graphic card, do not need to be updated."

And I have the latest drivers, 347.88
Can you test that card on some other system?
No, this is the only computer I got
I thought with friends but ok...test GPU with OCCT or some other GPU stress tool and see if you get that error again. If the error persists time for RAM card.

And one more thing ... if I'm wrong your RAM timings is set to AUTO in bios. Use CPU-Z to read RAM SPD timings and voltage and manually set that values in bios or if that RAM have XMP profile go in
BIOS->M.I.T.
Advanced Frequency Settings
Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1
Save & Exit = Yes     
Have you checked CPU and fGPU temperature?
CPU temp was 60C and GPU was 65C around the point of the crash.

I've tested GPU with OCCT for 10 mins, should I wait longer? I'm pretty sure the crash happens way faster. What am I looking for?

edit2:

I reverted nvidia drivers to previous version (from 347.88 to 345.20), still black screen, so it doesnt seem to be drivers.
This has some resemblance to the problem I had some years ago when for some reason my GPU was thinking that it was connected to two monitors, so it would send picture to the other, non existing, phantom monitor and black screen to my real one. Almost nothing helped, except bios update that made the problem occur less frequently. So, just in case try ctrl-alt-delete when black screen occurs, this used to bring picture back for me when I had this problem.

Otherwise, try fresh Windows install, if nothing helps it's most likely faulty GPU, at least you know it's not PSU at this point.

Try switching GPU even for a shitty one to determine if it's faulty or not. If your CPU is Intel than most likely you have integrated GPU in your CPU, therefore you can test it.
(03-24-2015, 01:22 AM)Misha link Wrote:So, just in case try ctrl-alt-delete when black screen occurs, this used to bring picture back for me when I had this problem.

I can't do anything, or if I can, I have no idea because there's no sound and no picture.

Can I test integrated GPU by connecting the monitor cable to it or do I have to remove the current GPU from the case?
Try removing the GPU. having it connected might cause problems if it's faulty.

I'll remove the GPU, see what happens.I think I found a similar thread

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...ck-screen/

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id...range.html

edit: weirdly enough, I can't open the NVIDIA control panel all of a sudden. I search for it ins tart menu, I click on it but fuck all happens.

edit2: uninstalling Intel drivers fixes nV cp not opening ^

I forgot to mention, I haven't crashed in Civilization 5 yet. I don't have many games installed, but I played Civ5 for 30 mins and nothing happened.

Played ArmA3 for an hour with Chrome running. Last thing I did was uninstall Intel GPU drivers and this:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...oblem-fix/

.  :o ;D

edit: spoke too soon, still crashed. Removed the GPU now
Other steps you can try are removing and swapping RAM sticks, running some tests on motherboard and I guess as a last resort Windows fresh install.

Also, I vaguely remember that my motherboard came with a software that enables intel gpu to be run in parallel with discrete gpu so that two work together. I read that it does not run well and degrades performance actually so I disabled it. Maybe you also have such software installed?
What's the name of that software?

I removed the GPU, I'll see if this happens again, otherwise I'll reinstall the card and leave OCCT running overnight.
Great, ArmA3 crashes with a DX11 error on mobo, probably because of Physx. Now PC doesn't detect GTX770 after I put it back in
Outlawz, de-slot all cards and dust the hell out of your mobo.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8