Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Black screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Onboard graphics are part of the CPU? I thought it was on the motherboard.

Any mobo recommendations?

edit: this video shows the exact same issue and I'm pretty certain the same damn GPU is used. According to description, it was the motherboard.

Another one points to PCI-e connectors:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1813299

Is it possible that I'm using the wrong connectors? I did plug in 8+6 (8-2 connector), but there's more than one pair of PCI-e connectors.
Lol, recently when I switched my PSU I was really confused with connectors, I had three 6+2 connectors and it wasn't obvious which one is for motherboard and which for GPU. I remember it was way easier with other PSU to find out what is what.

(05-09-2015, 10:48 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote:Onboard graphics are part of the CPU? I thought it was on the motherboard.

Any mobo recommendations?

edit: this video shows the exact same issue and I'm pretty certain the same damn GPU is used. According to description, it was the motherboard.

Another one points to PCI-e connectors:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1813299

Is it possible that I'm using the wrong connectors? I did plug in 8+6 (8-2 connector), but there's more than one pair of PCI-e connectors.

I'm not sure whether onboard GPU is on the MB or CPU but either way, if the problem was caused by a faulty CPU, it would still be happening after you removed the graphics card.

I'm using an Asus Z97-A, which is pretty good but you could save a bit going for the next one down (-P) if it has all the features you need. That's what I used for my sister's recent build but the 4-stage VRM will probably limit the amount you could OC an i5-4670k.

As for the PCI-E connectors, as long as they say PCI-E (or maybe VGA, as mine say) on them then I think it shouldn't matter what pair you use.
I have a 1155 CPU, Asus Z97 is 1150. I searched 1155 mobo and it seems there's barely any around.

edit: hows this
GA-H61M-USB3V, 1155
Before you buy new MOBO did you try to set power management to full performance in nV control panel and turn off the powermizer in registry.
(05-10-2015, 12:41 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote:I have a 1155 CPU, Asus Z97 is 1150. I searched 1155 mobo and it seems there's barely any around.

edit: hows this
GA-H61M-USB3V, 1155
Try the asrock z77 extreme 4
(05-10-2015, 12:59 PM)Horus link Wrote:Before you buy new MOBO did you try to set power management to full performance in nV control panel and turn off the powermizer in registry.

I did the first, it just delays the crash for an hour or so. How do know what the card's ID is?

edit: what about using this?
http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/...rd.273276/
Just curious how much did you pay for your 770? was it cheaper because 700s are outdated by the 900 series
Dude in [url=
I used Powermizer Switch and hadn't experienced a crash while running on max video settings for an hour, though I could have just prolonged the time until it crashes.
Just keep an eye on the temperature of the GPU. Maybe you can use that tool only before you start play games because you don't need 3D speed when you on desktop or browsing.

P.S.

I told you to do it for more than a month ... at least you got a new graphics card  Wink
Crashed 2 hours in.

I'll see if I can put my 770 into another computer to confirm its the mobo.
(05-10-2015, 09:58 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote:I'll see if I can put my 770 into another computer to confirm its the mobo.

Got around to that, looks like it is my mobo. Ran ArmA with my HDD and 770 in another computer for 2 hrs and no crash. Also my mobo didnt detect the GPU from the other computer either, so looks like it is going dead or at least the PCIE slots are.
Just happened again with Asus Z97-P and Core i5 4690.
What exactly did you NOT swap out yet ?

And did you re-install windows on the new machine ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8