Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Phantom Mission Pack Updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
So before I update my missions on the main thread for my mission pack. I'm going to attach some missions here that I will either update or release new ones. The latest post = the most up to date post. I renamed the missions on this thread so no need to rename anything Variable or depbo to remove the ingame briefing title name since I already did that on this thread.

Here you go and enjoy.

Starting off with...

3 new missions
co06_wild_riders.Zargabad
co10_truck_stop_road.Takistan
co10_douchery.Takistan

Steal the chopper on Namalsk should have a separate night and day version now

co03_bad_place_to_be.Chernarus
- Fixed H being visible (it's invisible now)
Phantom, you're awsome. Thanks a lot! I will work with this thread from now on when updating your missions.
In your BI thread you mention an update to ACE missions too. Are these included here, too?
Yes, I update both at the same time as always. I was just too lazy to type it out since it is an ACE version of the same missions.
I just made an I44 mission
co04_i44_stealing_the_stag.MCN_Neaville

I made a winter version too. You play as 4 British commandos hidden in buildings in Neaville with Nazi patrolling. Your task is to steal a Stug and eliminate all Nazi infantry. Spawn location is random. Most missions that I'd make for i44 might be 4 player coop after watching hidden and dangerous gameplay video. Maybe I should download the deluxe version of the first one and try it sometimes. The 2nd one didn't look as appealing to me. I'll release an i44 pack publically on BIS forums and armaholic later when I make more.
Just wondering is anyone interested in i44 missions? Made in a hidden & dangerous style kind of way? I'll probably make at least 3 of them to start with, maybe more if there's more interest and then probably move on back to custom island missions or vanilla.
At the moment, not me. due to lack of good missions to i44 we removed it.
I can see that. Looks like I'll make some then. Hidden and dangerous style seems to work well for small coop group. Maybe I should download deluxe version and try it sometimes. Great WW2 mod nevertheless though I wish it got some greater variety of custom islands. McNool's islands are the best ones though some bigger ones would be nice as well for greater varieties.
(06-11-2013, 03:17 PM)Phantom link Wrote:I can see that. Looks like I'll make some then. Hidden and dangerous style seems to work well for small coop group. Maybe I should download deluxe version and try it sometimes. Great WW2 mod nevertheless though I wish it got some greater variety of custom islands. McNool's islands are the best ones though some bigger ones would be nice as well for greater varieties.

I loved Hidden and Dangerous.

I think the major issue I had with I44 missions is that none of them felt like WW2, more like the usual Arma mission transplanted into 1944. This mod needs some large-scale battles and a shitload of tanks and plane... But I get carried away Smile
Would a simple tank combat mission work where you just take out all the opposing tanks? Which would be nice and simple.
Tanks are funny business.
Sorry about forgetting to remove the ACE equipments on co10_douchery.Takistan.pbo for the vanilla version. If you downloaded co10_douchery.Takistan.pbo from the first post, download the new one here to fix the ACE not available issue.
I'd be interested in tank battles. Big ones! Big Grin Preferably on a desert map (ww2 Africa kind). Don't think there are British tanks in i44 so US tanks would have to do. Smile So basically Montgomery vs. Rommel scenario would be great. Smile
(06-12-2013, 09:45 AM)Lego link Wrote:Don't think there are British tanks in i44 so US tanks would have to do. Smile So basically Montgomery vs. Rommel scenario would be great. Smile

There are, actually... I remember that the Churchill was definitely in, the British Sherman variants, too, as well as the Mathilda ?

But the Churchill and Shermans were the backbone of the British tanks, anyway...
I got another i44 mission ready up. It came out harder than I thought it would be. Well, its not so WW2 like as Alwarren would like it, more like an ARMA mission in i44 I guess. It takes place in battle of the bulge and you play as British commandos inside buildings (lots of CQB) and you must eliminate all enemies in the area and 4 Tigers and 1 armored car. If you play the 4 player version you can use high command to command a few US paratroopers to assist you. If you play the 12 player version, there will be 3 teams of commandos in each building (the ruined building is the hardest to play in but there's extra rockets on the roof). (I guess you can always use a flamethrower and burn people inside building unlike regular ARMA 2 where you don't have a flamer).

I guess one problem with large scale I can say as well would be, if you put too much, then frame rates drop too much unless you use murk's spawn script.

I heard the new I44 for ARMA 3 will be focus on Africa instead, the one on ARMA 2 don't got the Africa campaign, which I thought was more interesting for scenarios besides the Eastern Front. Well, I guess we can always use the plain desert map which wouldn't be as great as a custom Africa desert map for some tank combats.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6