Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 3 - PMC Versus: Cronos (co10)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(09-30-2014, 07:29 AM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]No problem. Here's the triggers I use for task completions.

Code:
Condition: !alive target

On act: ["task1", "succeeded"] call FHQ_TT_setTaskState;

Thanks for the .sqf files, but I still cannot get it to work. I added the .sqf files to the mission folder, put the two lines in init.sqf, but mission preview in the Editor shows no briefing, no tasks. I tried it with the original mission and also with a test on Stratis (link below) in case the BIS modules would have somehow messed up the briefing, but got the same result.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d8pob38mpr2rvr...s.zip?dl=0
Fuiba, I'll make a sample mission (Just came back from a long weekend). I'll let you have my latest version of the task tracker which now comes as a function module and doesn't need any additional setup anymore.

I'll try to get it done by tomorrow, no promises though (long weekend = lots of daytime joy work left to do)
Do you have showscripterror enable when you edit, it would be helpful.

Here's what went wrong. I took a look at the briefing.sqf and you had quotes " " around the marker areas or callsigns. Don't use that in briefing, it'll get detected as the end of a string and will mess up the briefing, which is why it won't work. If you use marker names, use 2 double quotes "" <line> "" or 1 single quote '<line>'. For callsigns, just use single quotes.

I tested this one below and it works.

I probably forgot to check the markers and quotes myself when I copy and pasted from the module.
Phantom:
So that's the cause of the problem, I feel so stupid now Tongue I got no script errors, the briefings just didn't show.

Varanon:
Thanks, but I got it working! I noticed that the accented letters don't show at all if I use the Task Tracker, e.g. if i put "Nekrón Chélia" in the briefing.sqf, I get "Nekr n Ch lia" in the actual mission briefing. Not that it's a big deal (I don't really know Greek anyway), I just replaced the ó's with o's and é's with e's.

So if you haven't started on the mission, no worries there! Thanks for your support!
(10-01-2014, 07:03 PM)Fuiba link Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, but I got it working! I noticed that the accented letters don't show at all if I use the Task Tracker, e.g. if i put "Nekrón Chélia" in the briefing.sqf, I get "Nekr n Ch lia" in the actual mission briefing. Not that it's a big deal (I don't really know Greek anyway), I just replaced the ó's with o's and é's with e's.

Change the coding from ANSI to Unicode when saving .sqf file in Notepad.
(10-01-2014, 07:57 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: [ -> ]Change the coding from ANSI to Unicode when saving .sqf file in Notepad.

I'm using UTF-8 (without BOM) in the mission.sqm and in the briefing.sqf already and the problem seems to arise if I put the accentend characters in briefing.sqf but not if I write the briefing in mission.sqm.
Fuiba, do you have an update to the missions? Not sure if I have missed it and we would love to play them tonight.
(10-02-2014, 08:55 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Fuiba, do you have an update to the missions? Not sure if I have missed it and we would love to play them tonight.

The link is in the op. All missions now have FHQ Task Tracker and AIS.
Yay! Installing.
I was making a new mission and happened to notice that "Afflamus" is broken on a game-breaking scale. I use "independent friendly to everybody" for testing and I forgot to change it before releasing the mission. The op contains the link to the fixed mission pack.
Ok. Just afflamus changed?
(10-02-2014, 06:49 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Ok. Just afflamus changed?

Yes, only that.
Great mission. It's good to be home in Versus Smile
Operation Resurreximus completed! Lovely mission, I'm ready for more! I might put up a video of it.
Nice mission man, not too hard, not to easy, just what we needed. Keep them coming!
Some issues with the relation between sides, at some point we found an armed civilian standing there and looking pretty, he didn't fire at us. Civilians are hostile for FIA right?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10