Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 3 - PMC Versus: Cronos (co10)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Added version 1.81 (link is in the op) with some minor fixes to the previous missions.

Variable:
I like to search for spots in the map that I haven't already seen in missions I've played. Points of interest tend to be forests and lonely buildings. You can imagine my awe when I found the dam and the ghost hotel Smile I guess those have been used a lot in user-made missions but I didn't encounter in the campaign. I don't think I can keep myself from using them in my missions.

Apart from the campaign, only missions I have played are the out-of-the-box showcases, Pilgrimage and JohnnyBoy's "Leper Island".
How do you do the actual search? Go to a chopper ride? On foot? Ride a vehicle? I'm just wondering because you seem to find all the nicest places, and sharing your work process will be beneficial to other mission makers Smile

I saw you submitted a the updated pack on Armaholic. I fully recommend to open a BI thread, the forums are lacking high quality coop packs. This way people outside of CiA will also be able to provide feedback.
(11-02-2014, 02:47 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]How do you do the actual search? Go to a chopper ride? On foot? Ride a vehicle? I'm just wondering because you seem to find all the nicest places, and sharing your work process will be beneficial to other mission makers Smile

In Arma 2 I just found the places by looking at the map in the Editor and placed a soldier there to confirm that the place was something I was looking for. Sometimes I took a drive in a fast offroad. I found that by flying it is too easy to miss the great spots. I think that you can actually find a great looking place just by placing yourself anywhere on the map with binoculars and just looking around. Of course you can't just pick any spot to start the mission... there's no way a covert team would be (let alone start at) in the middle of the road or an open field for example.

In Arma 3 I quickly noticed the "Camera" option in the Editor's ESC-menu. That's a great tool for exploring the map and you can change the time of day on the fly. And of course take great looking screenshots because you can stop time - muzzle flashes FTW!

(11-02-2014, 02:47 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]I saw you submitted a the updated pack on Armaholic. I fully recommend to open a BI thread, the forums are lacking high quality coop packs. This way people outside of CiA will also be able to provide feedback.

Thanks for the tip, I think I will register to the BI forums! I don't update the pack on Armaholic that frequently since submitting the updates is kind of clumsy there.
Just tried Ep.6 again. Derelictus team leader is missing, only 9 slots available, better check the other missions as well...
(11-02-2014, 09:49 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Just tried Ep.6 again. Derelictus team leader is missing, only 9 slots available, better check the other missions as well...

:o :-[ Better get to it, sorry guys.
Added a new version in the op. I checked all the missions and everything should now be in order.
Thanks Fuiba! Server updated. I really look forward to shooting up those karts  8)
I just tried the RHS mod and that is the way to go! I haven't been this excited about Arma since ACE2! Although it's not finished, there's huuuuge amount of new vehicles. Finally we get some non-armored military cars like HMMWV and UAZ.
(11-05-2014, 08:40 PM)Fuiba link Wrote: [ -> ]I just tried the RHS mod and that is the way to go! I haven't been this excited about Arma since ACE2! Although it's not finished, there's huuuuge amount of new vehicles. Finally we get some non-armored military cars like HMMWV and UAZ.
Certainly Smile
RHS is already installed on the server, we still need to announce it.
(11-05-2014, 08:40 PM)Fuiba link Wrote: [ -> ]I just tried the RHS mod and that is the way to go! I haven't been this excited about Arma since ACE2! Although it's not finished, there's huuuuge amount of new vehicles. Finally we get some non-armored military cars like HMMWV and UAZ.

Yeah, there are a few weird russian APC's I never heard of, including a mobile mortar BMP and a Radar BMP.

And I really wouldn't have thought I would ever miss HMMWV's Big Grin
The Jeeps have opening doors!  ;D
I recently learned that most of the vanilla vehicles also have opening doors even though they never open Smile You have to call a function to get them to open and close. The Ifrit looks pretty strange when you open the back door.

Btw I'm thinking of wrapping this mission pack up with two more missions to go (10 in total). I wanna try something different next: different map and definitely with the RHS. I think Altis is a great map but still my all time favourite in the Arma series is Chernarus. I hope that there will be more great user made maps like in Arma2. Thirsk was such an awesome map: not too big, not too small, no big towns to mess up one's CPU Wink And thick forests to enforce CQB which I absolutely love.

I was thinking about some mechanized infantry action in Takistan next, as part of a larger scale military operation. I'm open to suggestions and I don't think I can start making those missions before January so there's plenty of time for me to plan the next pack.
Episode 6:

Great mission. It was an honor being ripped to shreds by the enemy helo Big Grin

Mission didn't end though, probably because Perditus was totally anihilated.
Played mission 6, very fast paced, I liked it. Are we supposed to shoot the kart drivers?
Finished Ep. 6 - Nice mission, great atmosphere and tension buildup! Down with karts!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10