Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 3 Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
LOL Big Grin
I created an internal thread for this, as to keep it a bit of a surprise (tinfoil hats ON).  So we can discuss Arma3 here again  Wink
It looks like only alpha and supporter editions make sense. With Digital deluxe version you pay 15 eur more than for Alpha version but get only digital maps, guide, soundtrack and OFP in new clothes. Supprter version is tempting, all Arma games + OFP + future DLC's make a case for me. Oh, and name in the end credits, that's some glory.
Name in end credits is only for the first 500, sadly... but then, no one will ever watch it, anyway I guess...

I'll go for the supporter edition. The DLC is tempting, too, and I always wanted to get Arma X so I have Arma 1 and OFP ready to play. Always wanted to get into that for nostalgia's sake
So, since everyone is getting it, I guess we want to explore it together? Smile

Since I have a 100/100Mbit line at home now, I could run a server (if it lets me on steam...).  It might not have a 100% uptime and high performance, but It's better than nothing Wink

I doubt if I can play on the same system with the same license then, but I'll try to figure it out (If I can run the game anyway)
I presume we will be all playing or still downloading alpha on Tuesday, so Arma 2 coop may not be attended that much  Smile

Yeah, I will get the game ASAP, count me in if you're able to run it on your server.
Any idea at what time the alpha will be available to purchase on Tuesday?
Can I uninstall my arma 2 now?  Tongue
(03-03-2013, 07:15 PM)Lego link Wrote: [ -> ]Can I uninstall my arma 2 now?  Tongue

No. Reported to moderator for misguided conduct  ;D
(03-02-2013, 07:48 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Any idea at what time the alpha will be available to purchase on Tuesday?

I would have said it depends on Steam, but I saw this on the Steam DB page (http://steamdb.info/sub/25896/): Status: Released. So I guess that you could get it even now if you had an access code.

Basically, that means the release can be any time BIS does it, which likely is during the CET working hours...
Careful though, this is a subscription, not  a product. Might be different.
(03-03-2013, 07:15 PM)Lego link Wrote: [ -> ]Can I uninstall my arma 2 now?  Tongue
Not removing my ARMA 2 anytime soon. So much mods and life in it still to me and I got 2 copies so just incase I do have real life friends who come over I guess I can do 2 player coop over LAN for that (if they do ever come).
Guys, don't mind lego, he's just looking for a way out from Arma 2 Big Grin
Well, until the final release, I don't think that the Alpha will be a replacement for Arma 2 COOP anyway...

So in essence, we'll still be playing Arma 2 for some time I guess..
I guess Varanon is right. And Lego, you won't be able to leave anyway because its hard to leave with you knees shot :p
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10