Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 3 Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Bubba try to disable Vsync, improved my FPS significantly.
I have yet to fiddle with settings, but comparing to Arma 1 and Arma 2 launch versions they more seem lika an alpha at their release than this one, if I judge by optimisation.

Using default, auto detected settings, I'm still few frames too low from what I want to have in some situations. And also there are sudden huge frame rate drops when it gets down to 5 fps for 1-2 seconds. This happens rarely though.
(03-07-2013, 01:25 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Bubba try to disable Vsync, improved my FPS significantly.

Copy that. I'll have to wait for a while to get a good optimization guide to limit the CPU heavy options and crank up the GPU utilizing ones.

And Misha On default settings my FPS is mostly on ~30fps and if there is a firefight going on, it can drop as low as 22. I don't have any sudden drops like you. I remember having drops like those on my old rig with arma2.
Anyone playing this evening? I could join, but I can't talk too much since I'm not alone. Sure would still be nice to fool around with other people!
(03-05-2013, 10:31 PM)Nouty link Wrote: [ -> ]...
Oh yeah, and you really need to remember that G is the new grenade key! Big Grin

Can't say how many accidental grenades were thrown during our session and I even threw one myself, trying to access my gear from muscle memory. Tongue Remapping it probably isn't such a bad idea. Smile

Hola,
the "G incident" was the first experience (i guess after something like 5 sec of game) for me aswell.  :Smile
And i thought the same about the stance. hitting x twice by default setting will bring you back to stand, what seemed nice on first few, but in combat i mingeled it up and lost the overview.
So the next idea with remapping came up of course, but its hard work with all that keys! So my idea was to import my old profile, which is indeed working. I opened my Arma2 profile, opened the file itself in notepad++ and scrolled down to the "key" section. Then i copy/pasted all this lines with "key" into the arma3 profile. Once i started up arma3 again, all bindings were working as in arma2. Of course new keys (as "Swim up" etc) have to be defined new, but this is way less work.

Interesting is, that kneeling and stand up is working again like in arma2 (EDIT: Hitting x twice is not making my player standing up again, but keeps kneeling, to stand up i hit an extra key instead).

Greets

Tony
Something interesting too, i found googling about importing into Arma3:
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...h-tutorial

So i guess we will see a lot of arma2 content in arma3 quite quick i would guess  Smile

Tony, I think that by default, C switches in and out tactical pace.
ok, sorry for being unprecise. Edited the sentence.

Important thing for me is, that hitting x keeps my player kneeling to avoid standing up in fight by mistake. So no stance mod is needed for me :-)!

Now i have to try to import takistan and nogova into arma3 :-)

By the way: Custom faces are not working as in arma2... Undecided
woha, kinda bad luck.... Tried to  load the complete cwr2 mod, but the ui is messed up. So i quit the game and loaded only nogova. As i restarted the game, nogova showed up in the editor and i clicked it... got a blue screen and had to manually shut off the pc. After switching the pc on again, win didnt start anymore. There were kind of strange grafic glitches. After Deinstalling/Reinstalling the drivers (and not working) i just changed the grafics card - and it runs again... So i just blew my nice gtx260 card  :o ...

Oh boy, that would be such a rare case that hardware be damaged by software. Try your card in some other PC and see if it still works. But I guess you won't be getting much of performance with 260gtx in Arma 3. Maybe a good time to upgrade.
Im pretty sure, that the GC overheated and this may be caused of lack of maintenance, as there was a relatively thick layer of dust as i dismantled it from the pc. I can only advice to clean up the inside of your rack from time to time...

On the other side i am not too sad, because i see it exactly the same way: Time to Upgrade the system  8) . Nevertheless it was not too bad with arma3, i just put the graphics settings to standard or normal and it was fine for me.

For now I replaced the GC with a Quadro 1700 and i cant even start arma3  :Smile btw... The two cards are almost the same age, the GTX was 280 € and the quadro was 420€. Of course the quadros are optimized for CAD 3d software, but i have to say, i couldnt find much difference in my CAD applications. So i will stay with the (cheaper) gaming cards to use for both applications.

And now lets hunt for new gear  ;D ...
Here are some benchmarks for Arma 3:
http://gamegpu.ru/action-/-fps-/-tps/arm...chast.html
(you need to scroll down komrades to see benchmarks on the page)
Wow, bad luck! I hope my GTX260 doesnt die on me now :o
Last night I ordered a GTX 680 to my brother in law who's in a vacation in New-York. My wife pushed me to get a Titan but I decided against it. Too costly...
(03-10-2013, 05:13 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Last night I ordered a GTX 680 to my brother in law who's in a vacation in New-York. My wife pushed me to get a Titan but decided against it. Too costly...

Good choice! The titan on some tests performs worse than GTX690 or even GTX680...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10