Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 3 Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[size=1.35em]EVERYONE KEEP HITTING F5!![/size]

[size=1em]Ok, please don't! [/size] ;D  We probably don't wan't a community caused denial of service attack to happen!
I think CiA forums are also going to hit a nice peak in post count today.

Also, may the best man win. We shall see who gets their name on the credits. I bet there are a lot more than 500 people waiting for THE button to appear.  Tongue  Yes, I know that only it matters that people are supporting them, but it's still a fun thing to see who manages to get there!

It would be pretty cool to see most of this small community appear in the credits.

EDIT: Also, like the child minded person I am, I decided I can't wait longer. I'm going to take my girlfriend on a little shopping trip today. And probably return ~1200€ poorer!  ;D
I am stuck at work like a bird in a cage. No name in ending credits for me.
BI forums statistics:

There are currently 1483 users online. 272 members and 1211 guests
Most users ever online was 1,551, Mar 21 2010 at 15:36.

so close!

Edit: record set now: There are currently 1787 users online

Edit 2, forums and store really down now.  I feel guilty  ???

They really messed up this "release", they could at least rented a few more webservers for this :S
Hahhah, I can't load the buying page! Big Grin don't know whether this is good or bad! Tongue
I give up, I saw the AVAILABLE NOW banner once, and couldnt log in. the fun is over now  Sad
Oh my... I tried to buy it when it opened but then gave up. Been doing other stuff for 3 hours now and it's still down?
Ye, I managed to get to the checkout once... But it didn't send me to paypal, so no luck Sad
Well Varanon, Variable and me all got their payment deducted and got the confirmation mail, but if you click on the link in the mail it either says "No purchase for this account" or it gives you a timeout. I haven't gotten a key yet, after 3 and a half hours of waiting.

If you're not going for supporter, stay clear of the BIS store. I can't handle the load.
Looks like I was lucky not to be able to buy the game during these hours. Surely I would try BIS store and would most likely end up without game. In one hour I will get home and buy it from Steam. Any tips how to limit download in order that it doesn't interfere with playing online?
So I just spent about 4-5 hours playing Arma 3 Alpha and I gotta say I was pretty impressed.  First of all, it looks and sounds stunning. And I'm running it on higher settings than arma 2 and still pulling 30+ FPS constantly.
The new driving physics are really nice as well and the whole driving experience feels very different from any previous game in the series, although it is nowhere near perfect yet, as you will notice. Tongue Crash an ATV into a giant armored wheeled vehicle and the bigger vehicle is the one that flips over, or the ATV just drives right underneath, gently lifting one side on the other vehicle out of the way. Tongue

AI seems to have been improved a lot. They will engage you from longer range and generally act a lot smarter during engagements. We got defeated many times by just a few AI's. It is also a lot harder to shoot and hit your target consistently, which makes firefights much more interesting and choosing your firing positions more important, since the AI will nail you in a second if you engage them in the open.
The new stance system offers a lot of help for this and I found that sitting up to shoot was many times a better choice than the good old prone, due to tall grass or usable cover.

We definitely need a stance indicator now because it's very easy to get confused by which stance you're currently in. We also found ourselves longing for a way to support the automatic rifle for it was almost impossible to hit anything with it on full auto, even when prone. Actually, you can shoot better with it from a sitting position.
Oh yeah, and you really need to remember that G is the new grenade key! Big Grin
Can't say how many accidental grenades were thrown during our session and I even threw one myself, trying to access my gear from muscle memory. Tongue Remapping it probably isn't such a bad idea. Smile

EDIT: I took some video too and will be releasing it once I get some editing tools installed and get myself to work.
After the store was back up, I had the game running within 20 minutes! and another 10 minutes to get to the video settings and controller, and I was ready to go.

I just had my first MP experience with Misha, and ofc he killed me with the G key... Big Grin
Yeah, but second time you survived g key incident, you are improving  Big Grin   

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2rPzFwIW_qg[/youtube]

Ummm.. What. Big Grin A quite funny glitch that someone found in the Arma 3 alpha!
I've been playing around with the game for some hours now. (I've got only free time now until I start at my job).

So it appears that the game is bottle necking like hell on my CPU.  I put up a fight that had about 20 vs 20 units with some vehicles thrown in to the mix. One of the CPU cores is almost constantly at 100% and the remaining three around 40-60%. Also, I did some testing with the rendering resolution. As I understood it uses pretty much only GPU. I switched my rendering resolution from 100% to 150% and to 200% and the FPS drop was 3FPS at maximum. And it didn't change even while looking around.

I hope they start utilizing all of the cores more efficiently after alpha and in the main release.

And also. Someone had told me to get a good CPU cooler, while I was already in the store shopping for the parts. That's what I'm going to do next. I'm guessing my FPS jumps a lot higher after overclocking to something like 4.0GHz.

Edit: A picture of this:

[Image: cpuusage.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
(03-07-2013, 11:48 AM)Bubba link Wrote: [ -> ]Ummm.. What. Big Grin A quite funny glitch that someone found in the Arma 3 alpha!

As someone wrote in the comments: What glitch ? You obviously never been to Greece Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10