Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 3 Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Glad to hear that Kenwort. I got the Gigabyte card, though, against your recommendation because it was on sale. I hope I won't have troubles with it.
Yeah, if you would spend 1000 dollars on graphics card don't get the titan. Smile 690 has two GPU cores and Titan only one.

I got the 670 card my self and of course Variable had to do one better. Big Grin
hehehe your purchase was my main motivation towards getting a slightly better card Tongue
I knew it! I shall have my revenge some day. Big Grin
My poor gtx 660 is getting stomped here! And also fried and is on it's way back to the retailer. I hope I get a replacement soon and that doesn't fry quite so easily. On my trusty radeon 4890 again for now Smile
Is Arma 3 killing gpu's? Now you got me worried.
at least i would keep an eye on the device´s tempreature, misha ;-).

My favourite atm is the 670 from Gigabyte. Do you have any doubts with it, Ken, or was that in another context? I think the 670 is a nice compromise between budget and performance...
I've had bad experience with gigabyte, usually overclocks really bad.
You guys should have gone with the 680, much better performance
or with 660ti in SLI.
I got myself gigabyte 670 GTX and loving it. I haven't overclocked but it runs pretty cool here.
I have gigabyte 670 my self and no complains yet. Cooling is quiet and seems efficient.
I am starting to wonder what argument there is for NVidia. From what I can see RadeonHD's perform similar at a much lower price. I know that Radeons tend to get hot,but what compelling reason is there to go NVidia?

Just saying, I don't want to start a jihad about it Smile
From what I could see in benchmarks, I have no regrets for buying 660ti instead of 670. You get just few frames less in Arma 3 for -33% of price. And btw I have factory overclocked edition so there is even less difference. It would make more sense to buy 680 but that card is way to expensive. For price diference you could buy good SDD. Really, I think high end card were cheaper few years ago, good thing is that software still cannot catch up with it.
I had really hard time deciding between 660Ti and 670. But as I read from multiple sources, that the 192-bit memory interface cripples the whole cards performance with (at least) Anti Aliasing on. I decided to get the 100€ more expensive 670. Don't know whether it was worth it, but I didn't want to go too low on the specs this time! And to justify my purchase, Arma isn't known from it's great looks without AA... And I've played it A LOT without AA!  ;D
(03-12-2013, 04:55 PM)Bubba link Wrote: [ -> ]I had really hard time deciding between 660Ti and 670. But as I read from multiple sources, that the 192-bit memory interface cripples the whole cards performance with (at least) Anti Aliasing on. I decided to get the 100€ more expensive 670. Don't know whether it was worth it, but I didn't want to go too low on the specs this time! And to justify my purchase, Arma isn't known from it's great looks without AA... And I've played it A LOT without AA!  ;D

Guess it boils down to price difference because performance wise the two seem to be very close: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/647?vs=598
I would have got myself the 660 TI for $100 less if it was released that time, but it wasn't out yet so i got the 670 last summer.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10