Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 3 Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Hey all.

You probably already seen this, but if not, prepare to be underwhelmed here.

Quite disappointed by the lack of any information after such a long radio silence. No screenshot, not word on the community alpha... meh.
I blame the situation in Limnos..... must have the morale of anyone working on the project to see the creative designer (ivan buchta) get lock up so unfairly :/
They did Arma 2 movie explaining the story of Ivan and Martin:

[url=
I already saw that one. Poor Ivan and Martin Sad when will they be free? Well, I don't mind ARMA 3 being delayed if it means more time for bug fix, improvements, etc. I like to see it at its fullest and greatest strengths. There's plenty of things on ARMA 2 still left untouch like many addon islands (I wish they have more missions on them).
(12-14-2012, 07:28 AM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]I already saw that one. Poor Ivan and Martin Sad when will they be free? Well, I don't mind ARMA 3 being delayed if it means more time for bug fix, improvements, etc. I like to see it at its fullest and greatest strengths. There's plenty of things on ARMA 2 still left untouch like many addon islands (I wish they have more missions on them).

The delays are understandable and not unexpected, and I don't mind the fact. I just thought that the news item was devoid of any real information, and not worth getting exited about when I read it on Facebook.

About Ivan and Martin, it's beyond me how this is even possible in this time and age. 20+ people in a room, sleeping on the floor, this sounds more like a hostage situation in Nicaragua than a prison in a "civilized " country. The whole case is extremely weak, and I wonder if Wolle's conspiracy theories are that far from the truth. And to top it off, ti doesn't seem like they will be home for Christmas either. The whole thing would be laughable if it weren't for the fact that two guys are imprisoned for almost 100 days now for nothing at all.

To be honest, I wish BIS would drop Limnos and go for a different island. I wasn't too thrilled about it to start with, and with the current situation I wish they would just ditch it. Even if that adds another half a year to the delay.

In any case, though, I am really looking forward to the Community Alpha, I'd sooo like to play around with the editor and the modding tools.
(12-14-2012, 04:26 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, I wish BIS would drop Limnos and go for a different island. I wasn't too thrilled about it to start with, and with the current situation I wish they would just ditch it. Even if that adds another half a year to the delay.

Naw, I bet if it's in, we'll see tons of tasteless "Assassinate the mayor of Limnos" missions... I would really be disappointed by my fellow humans if that weren't the case (well, pleasantly surprised, rather)...

The whole situation is pretty messed up, that's for sure. No offense to Greece, but a decent country has a limit on how long you can imprison people without their case even being heard.

Regarding Arma 3, I think that BIS did mess up the status update. Only two or three screenshots would have been enough, no discussion, no nothing. Sometimes, they really mess up with their PR... remember the ACR DLC screenshots where you could see buggy muzzle flashes and all...

Good thing we love them so much Big Grin
(12-14-2012, 07:40 PM)Varanon link Wrote: [ -> ]a decent country has a limit on how long you can imprison people without their case even being heard.
180 days according to Greek law.
(12-14-2012, 07:40 PM)Varanon link Wrote: [ -> ]Naw, I bet if it's in, we'll see tons of tasteless "Assassinate the mayor of Limnos" missions... I would really be disappointed by my fellow humans if that weren't the case (well, pleasantly surprised, rather)...

Sounds like something I would do or "Save Ivan and Martin" or "Free Everyone, and Blow up the jail"

(12-14-2012, 04:26 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, I wish BIS would drop Limnos and go for a different island. I wasn't too thrilled about it to start with, and with the current situation I wish they would just ditch it. Even if that adds another half a year to the delay.

Wouldn't that waste the money within their budget? Well, maybe they can just take Limnos off for a moment and add another island in for now and once the situation calms down, add Limnos again in an expansion, never dare set foot on Limnos island in real life again because of that tragic incident. Limnos island did look really great within those alpha footages.
(12-15-2012, 03:44 AM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn't that waste the money within their budget? Well, maybe they can just take Limnos off for a moment and add another island in for now and once the situation calms down, add Limnos again in an expansion, never dare set foot on Limnos island in real life again because of that tragic incident. Limnos island did look really great within those alpha footages.

Yeah, it looked good, but I dunno, I missed the dense forest areas like in Chernarus. My favorite map is still Sarahni, I liked its mix of open landscape and dense forested hills. Limnos to me seems like an overgrown Utes, with mostly open areas and a few dotted groves but no real big forests. I could be wrong of course, we have never seen much of the island...

Good thing there will always be users made islands for variety.
I like how Limnos looks like, all the colors, sea, and new lightning effects. I won't miss overgrown vegetation of Chernarus, although it also looks good but cheating AI doesn't let me to enjoy it properly. Also, think of performance factor without forests as Arma 3 will be heavy on resources, especially since physics is now included. So having no large forests will help our PC's to run it better.
(12-15-2012, 08:33 PM)Miša link Wrote: [ -> ]I like how Limnos looks like, all the colors, sea, and new lightning effects. I won't miss overgrown vegetation of Chernarus, although it also looks good but cheating AI doesn't let me to enjoy it properly. Also, think of performance factor without forests as Arma 3 will be heavy on resources, especially since physics is now included. So having no large forests will help our PC's to run it better.

Well, with DirectX 11 comes the capability of multi-threaded rendeirng, so in that regard things might be even faster than ARMA II. I guess we'll have to (*sigh*) wait and see...
Looks like BIS decided to change the name of Limnos island to Altis. Too bad for all the community sites that used Limnos in their domain Big Grin

http://www.bistudio.com/english/home/new...-in-arma-3
Nice looking screenshots, too bad Jeremy Hopper will have to rename "Limnos radio" now Big Grin
(02-01-2013, 08:55 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]Nice looking screenshots, too bad Jeremy Hopper will have to rename "Limnos radio" now Big Grin

Yeah, lol. First thing I thought was .. sucks for Jeremy! Big Grin He already forwared the domain to sahrani radio.
Oh man, Arma 3 is going to be exclusively for steam:
http://www.bistudio.com/english/company/...m-dev-blog
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10