Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Mission Ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
I had a mission in Arma 2 (that I never released due to technical problems) that had that "patrol" theme to it. You started at Loy Manara Airfield as a British team in Jackals (the mission was called "British Patrol" Wink ) and you had to go through four towns along the way north, patrol them (order was to get out of the cars and patrol the streets, to show "presence" in the area) and then move on to the next.

For each town, there were several possible "incidents", like, a sudden attack by insurgents, or a villager coming up to you and telling you something about a camp outside of town, or a building that was occupied by insurgents in town etc. Or, there was a chance that nothing happend and you got the order to move on to the next village.

Each village would pick something at random. The problem was with alerting the players: The attacking insurgents were no problem, but all the others required a villager to tell the players. For that reason, I picked a random villager (was using ambient civilians) and had that villager run up to the players. Problem was, most of the time the villager got stuck on their way to the players... always wanted to fix that, but never got to it...
You could fix that by saying that to show the presence in town you had to speak to /pay respects to the local elder.
Awesome idea SPhoenix! I'd suggest to use very forgiving ending conditions, like fail the mission when all civilians and ambassador die. Let the players decide when enough is enough.

It reminds me of an awesome OFP mission on Tonal islandPost made. You played a Delta Force QRF that responds for genocidal attacks. You get reports on attacks on villages throughout the island and have to decide which one to help, when and how. All you had was some Littlebirds and your rifles. It was a great mission.
(11-30-2015, 09:02 PM)SPhoenix link Wrote:You could fix that by saying that to show the presence in town you had to speak to /pay respects to the local elder.

Yeah, but for Arma 3, that means we need civilians... 'nuff said :|
Both sphoenix and varanons ideas sounds awesome!
I'm dying for some urban cqb.
(12-01-2015, 09:55 AM)Variable link Wrote:It reminds me of an awesome OFP mission on Tonal islandPost made. You played a Delta Force QRF that responds for genocidal attacks. You get reports on attacks on villages throughout the island and have to decide which one to help, when and how. All you had was some Littlebirds and your rifles. It was a great mission.

Respond to genocide attacks :o . I should bring back some of my good ol' missions from Arma 2, but play as either the people getting murdered (well, I probably already do that), or make a rescue unit instead. Well, I had a mission where you play as murderers.

Maybe a mission where you play as some vigilante civilians with concealed weapons and then a terrorist attack happen (either IS or some crazy nutter with whatever agenda they have be it ring-wing Christians, fascism, etc. Crazy guys start shooting up everyone then you got to take them out. Maybe after that, go after everyone involved in the attack (those who inspired it, planned it, supplied it, praised it, etc.). If I make a mission like that where its just one crazy murderer (killing one guy is too easy, so I should throw in whoever inspire it). Organized, that'd be more interesting. Oh, maybe I should make a murderer campaign. No supernatural stuff. Just civies, crazy murderers, and corrupt politicians or crazy religious cults. I'll see after finals and once I release Home Unlimited for Altis. I might need more civilian stuff from Arma 2 first if I go campaign, but I can make single missions.
I do miss the for-fun missions from OFP/ArmA (murderer hunt, Nogova Virus...)
How about a mission where a regiment of recruits are attacked by enemy forces during their training course at the training camp. There will be lots of ambient Ai's to simulate a large scale attack. The first part of the mission will be following orders from your AI sergeant, maybe running laps, obstacle course or firing drill practice. Then, once the enemy attacks the alarm sounds and you have a task to rush to the armory to grab weapons and defend the base amidst the chaos. The enemy forces overwhelm you(enemy units keep spawning) and the task switches to retreat, the mission is over if a certain number of players escape alive.
(01-14-2016, 12:40 PM)Watchmen link Wrote:How about a mission where a regiment of recruits are attacked by enemy forces during their training course at the training camp. There will be lots of ambient Ai's to simulate a large scale attack. The first part of the mission will be following orders from your AI sergeant, maybe running laps, obstacle course or firing drill practice. Then, once the enemy attacks the alarm sounds and you have a task to rush to the armory to grab weapons and defend the base amidst the chaos. The enemy forces overwhelm you(enemy units keep spawning) and the task switches to retreat, the mission is over if a certain number of players escape alive.
Reminds me of this great CWR2 mission I played with CiA one time where you are Russian recruits then an American A-10 or whatever blew up a bunch of tanks so you got to hop in the shilka and shoot it down. Trying to remember what happens next. Was it a W0lle mission?
What is a CWR2 mission? I've seen the words mentioned befoer but never asked what it meant.
Google is your friend Watchmen.
In 2015 there were a few major political events one could use to craft a scenario for an Arma mission around Altis or Stratis.

Greek debt crisis
Syrian refugees crossing the Mediterranean and passing through Greek waters while moving North
Iran's nuclear program JCPOA agreement https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Comp..._of_Action
Does anyone know some good locations for an smg shootout? It can't be inside a building because we all know how ai behave indoors.
Any small compound or something would do.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14