Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Mission Ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
On second thought, maybe I'll do make missions after this quarter ends, too much problems going on right now...
I'll keep missions lite/snack-packish/quicky etc for now. I'll make a mission where you play as Taliban stealing Humvees from Americans and then attacking a rival militia group instead.

Maybe I'll get to the longer ideas later after midterms/finals/this school quarter/or after some other projects that I may have in mind of doing, etc.
Keep the mission ideas coming, this thread is a great source of inspiration!
(08-16-2014, 05:13 PM)Fuiba link Wrote:Keep the mission ideas coming, this thread is a great source of inspiration!

Hey Fuiba, welcome to the CiA Forums. I am a big fan of your Versus missions, they were absolutely fantastic !
(08-16-2014, 09:13 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:Hey Fuiba, welcome to the CiA Forums. I am a big fan of your Versus missions, they were absolutely fantastic !
Fuiba for Arma missions is what Pink Floyd is for music. Can't wait to play your art in Arma 3 Fuiba! Couldn't help but notice the website on your signature, you sure know how to keep us expecting Smile

I'm going to post all my mission ideas I logged on my OneNote. I guess that as long as I'm a server admin I won't get back to mission making. I have quite a few so I'll do it gradually. Here goes the first one. Note that it was written back in the Arma 2 days, so it won't fit for Arma 3. I suggest waiting with it until CUP release all the Arma 2 content.

Minimize Air Cavalry Casualties
10 Chinooks are about to land on the enemy base, ETA is 15 minutes away
The team must destroy as many AA sites as possible (MANPADs, ZU-23s and Tunguskas) before the Chinooks arrive and assist them in capturing the base.
There is no chance to get all of the AA sites, some of the Chinooks will surely be destroyed.

Background story - you are the recon team on site. You have failed to identify the AA sites and by the time you spotted them the pre-attack jamming block you from radio your findings back to base and the choppers are already on the way!
Thank you gentlemen!

So I take it that some group is converting Arma 2 content to Arma 3? This is great news and hopefully by that time we'll be getting some ACE content, too. Arma 2 + ACE had such a massive amount of weapons and vehicles that creating missions revolving around a weapon system was a good base for a mission!

I hope that we get some 'old school' equipment also since I've personally always though PMC Versus as a poor Belarussian make do -organization.

I made a little Python script to extract the operation dossier from the Arma 2 mission briefings just to summarize to myself what happened in the previous operations  - this is serious business, you know  Wink Then I thought that I could put the html file to a free web host for all those who might wanna read it without having to actually play the old missions.

I'd really like to see a great winter map and camos since we've already had plenty of woodland and desert maps.
(08-17-2014, 09:41 AM)Fuiba link Wrote:So I take it that some group is converting Arma 2 content to Arma 3?
Yes, here are the details regarding CUP. Alwarren and Varanon here are pillars of this effort.

(08-17-2014, 09:41 AM)Fuiba link Wrote:This is great news and hopefully by that time we'll be getting some ACE content, too. Arma 2 + ACE had such a massive amount of weapons and vehicles that creating missions revolving around a weapon system was a good base for a mission!

Oh this is true! There are so many weapons I want to need to use! For example - Although I played with anti-materiel weapons, I never played a mission that relied on stopping vehicles with anti-material armament. I never played an Arma 3 mission that really required me to use anti personnel mines (Watchmen's Airport Assault sniper team had some mines to protect themselves and that is an exception). So basing a mission on a certain weapon systems is a great approach!!!

(08-17-2014, 09:41 AM)Fuiba link Wrote:I made a little Python script to extract the operation dossier from the Arma 2 mission briefings just to summarize to myself what happened in the previous operations  - this is serious business, you know  Wink Then I thought that I could put the html file to a free web host for all those who might wanna read it without having to actually play the old missions.

For all the guys who played the versus campaing (and also for those who didn't), make sure to take a look at that! http://pmcversus.weebly.com/. Reading this brings back memories... I loved those missions so much...
(08-17-2014, 09:41 AM)Fuiba link Wrote:I'd really like to see a great winter map and camos since we've already had plenty of woodland and desert maps.

There's going to be a new official Arma 3 island and some assumptions were made about it being a winter island. Can't find any source now, maybe it was just a rumor after all...
Anybody got some ideas for good ambush mission with HEAVY rain and fog.
A useful trick will be to put a spotter way up the trail to assess the convoy elements before setting up the ambush.
(09-30-2014, 09:00 AM)Watchmen link Wrote:Anybody got some ideas for good ambush mission with HEAVY rain and fog.
A useful trick will be to put a spotter way up the trail to assess the convoy elements before setting up the ambush.
Sorry Watchmen, I missed this one.
Heavy rain and fog are good opportunities for lightly armed guerrillas to ambush soft enemy convoys in an urban terrain. Try to work on it if that speaks to you.

Guys, with the upcoming release of Firing from Vehicles and Sling Loading, let's post here all our cool mission ideas that take advantage of these cool new features! I'll start:

1. Some dudes on a rubber boat rush in to rescue some other stranded dudes that are attacked on the beach. To make good use of FFV, the defending guys need to be already under attack when the mission start, and the attack needs to be designed so that without EARLY covering fire from the boat guys, the defending guys will not stand a chance.

2. Chase an enemy soft vehicle convoy with AI in position to fire from their vehicles. identify one truck with some stuff that needs to be captured by driving between the trucks and having a closer look (like that scene in Clear and Present Danger where the motorcycle guy gets close tot he SUV to identify which one has the FBI director). Then stop that particular vehicle and grab it.

3. Being chased by Little Birds and Firing from the vehicle at them (some time pressure is a MUST to make it interesting)

Your turn Smile
There are these pods for the Taru, the OPFOR chopper... I think it would be cool if you'd have a mission where a base consisting of those modules has to be evacuated, like, enemy troops are closing in and you have to sling those modules out (with staff in it) while under fire... could be two or three transport choppers and a gunship or two...
Maybe some police units chasing terrorists in a high speed chase?
A sniper team (with .50 cal) in a littlebird... fly in, take a shot from the helo, and fly out again, getting chased by an enemy gunship or plane
Terrorists try to attach the Kavala harbour with bomb-loaded boats. Patrol the area by little bird or rubber boat and shoot down any incoming boats. A bit like missile command Big Grin
(11-06-2014, 12:16 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:Terrorists try to attach the Kavala harbour with bomb-loaded boats. Patrol the area by little bird or rubber boat and shoot down any incoming boats. A bit like missile command Big Grin
Loving it.
I have trouble coming up with any decent RHS scenarios.

For one, they're set up to be reliant on logistics, no spec ops, no guys with shit load of ammo (the disposable launchers are actually disposable for once, backpacks only fit 2-3 mg boxes or one javelin missile etc.), the classes are basic (mg, marksman, at, grenadier, rifleman, medic, officer/leader), so it seems to be it's either short firefight scenarios, a scenario where you drag a logistics convoy around with you so you have enough ammo or endless combined arms "attack X, defend Y" kind of missions, which I could turn into a template and just copy paste until I run out of points of interest.

Suddenly I somehow like the "5 missiles in backpack" and space monkeys/Mediterranean guerillas setup of ArmA3. :-\
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14