Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Mission Ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Convoy ambush against vehicles
Armor warfare
Cleansweep
Boot cMp gone wrong and now enemies trying to blow you up (remind of that one great cwr2 mission where you're unarmed then US came and you got to run to get ammo and stuff)
Generic defense missions

Anyways that's why I still see reason to keep around Massi stuff. They're mianly spec ops plus they have winter camo though CUP would seem to replace almost all the guns. Don't know about winter camos unless someone toss in kuik winter camo.
(11-09-2014, 12:08 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote:I have trouble coming up with any decent RHS scenarios.

For one, they're set up to be reliant on logistics, no spec ops, no guys with shit load of ammo (the disposable launchers are actually disposable for once, backpacks only fit 2-3 mg boxes or one javelin missile etc.), the classes are basic (mg, marksman, at, grenadier, rifleman, medic, officer/leader), so it seems to be it's either short firefight scenarios, a scenario where you drag a logistics convoy around with you so you have enough ammo or endless combined arms "attack X, defend Y" kind of missions, which I could turn into a template and just copy paste until I run out of points of interest.

Suddenly I somehow like the "5 missiles in backpack" and space monkeys/Mediterranean guerillas setup of ArmA3. :-\
Steal stuff from fallen enemies? Raid places that have been attacked by friendly forces that got killed and have ammo on them still?

(11-09-2014, 06:14 PM)Phantom link Wrote:Convoy ambush against vehicles
Armor warfare
Cleansweep
Boot cMp gone wrong and now enemies trying to blow you up (remind of that one great cwr2 mission where you're unarmed then US came and you got to run to get ammo and stuff)
Generic defense missions

Anyways that's why I still see reason to keep around Massi stuff. They're mianly spec ops plus they have winter camo though CUP would seem to replace almost all the guns. Don't know about winter camos unless someone toss in kuik winter camo.
Not sure I understand your post Phantom.
Sorry I posted from my ipod before I slept last night or was it when I barely woke up. I forgot, one of the two. To put it short, I don't see any spec ops units for RHS yet.
Mission Ideas for anyone who wants to tackle them since I cannot at the moment due to being busy, school, stress, etc.

- SAS on quad bikes riding around the desert picking off ISIS soldiers (just because I read that somewhere & quad bikes Big Grin )
- Escape a town under siege by one faction vs another faction. You are a squad spy/mercenary collecting data in some big city or must find it somewhere. (Let say Russian occupied town then USA attacks it). You are friendly to nobody, the place is under attack and you must get the data and escape. No one is friendly so it is better to try to avoid conflict while the 2 sides battle it out with big planes and tanks as they continuously sending in reinforcements at each other.
- When CUP release, petty guerilla soldiers with enfields defending their village against (some conventional army oppressing them)
(11-24-2014, 10:13 AM)Phantom link Wrote:- Escape a town under siege by one faction vs another faction. You are a squad spy/mercenary collecting data in some big city or must find it somewhere. (Let say Russian occupied town then USA attacks it). You are friendly to nobody, the place is under attack and you must get the data and escape. No one is friendly so it is better to try to avoid conflict while the 2 sides battle it out with big planes and tanks as they continuously sending in reinforcements at each other.

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work, since once a tank or chopper would see you, you'd be finished and engaging it would just attract more enemies.

Sander had a great mission on Chernarus in A2 where you had to get through Chernogorsk to retrieve a guy and then head back while Chedaki and NAPA fought each other across the town. That one worked because it was at night and you had NVGs and better weapons than Chedaki/NAPA.
Defend the base with the garrison tower at the spit of land(south east of neochori) with your backs against the sea(east) and nowhere to run while enemies come from the west in harder waves.

-Make use of cover in towers and elevated positions
-Set up explosives traps
-Survive!

Cant make anymore missions as my GPU stopped responding(not detected)after a random crash last december, now all i got is indie games....
Armored mission(3 IFVs & 3 MBTs) to neutralize the enemy forces at Altis International Airport/Airbase. Infiltrate from the south
The new squad of recruits have been deployed to Stratis Airbase for training. During a obstacle course training/ basketball game, the enemy attacks the base. The soliders stationed at the airbase fight back but soon realise they are overwhelmed. Unarmed and untrained, the squad have to ESCAPE the pursuing forces without guns or supplies to the civillian town East.

Keep up the ideas guys 8)  we need more arma MISSIONS
Map: mountainous area with rain at night(north central altis?)

Mission: Infiltrate base/compound and assassinate officer

Enemies: Tank/IFV squad is patrolling the whole area in a pattern. Multiple infantry/motorized patrol the roads.

Friendlies: Recon squad and sniper/spotter team

Mission: Sniper spotter team will take a high position for overwatch and coordinate with the recon team to avoid patrols and the armored platoon. Stealthily(silencers) slip past enemies in the surrounding areas at night and kill the officer in the compound. With weak AT abilities you must avoid the armored vehicles or risk failure. ID body to confirm kill and then evacuate.

For extra difficulty add in a time based factor. The officer will be moved by chopper transport at 0530 hours, kill him before his transportation arrives.
Destroy Stratis Airbase.

2 CAS jet planes/Ghost hawk chopper/UGV drones
1-2 infantry squads

Take out the AA units at the base first.
Mission makers tip: Establish a ratio of friendly to enemy units for suited for your particular mission scenario.

Eg: 1:3, 1:5, 2:3

holy shit that was a long chain of posts^
(02-20-2015, 04:27 PM)Watchmen link Wrote:Mission makers tip: Establish a ratio of friendly to enemy units for suited for your particular mission scenario.

Eg: 1:3, 1:5, 2:3

holy shit that was a long chain of posts^

It's not always possible, or feasible. It mostly depends on the number of enemies that engage you at the same time, or are able to engage you simultaneously, and how far the units are spread.
An APC carrying a team has run out of fuel and is behind enemy lines, the tank is ineffective, the men are stranded and in danger. Wait for reinforcements and protect the APC vehicle
Outlawz7, Lost Squad with Littlebirds pls  ;D
Can we also have Lost Squad with two fireteams separated?
Not far, perhaps half a klick to a klick ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14