Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: [CiA] Youtube Videos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
I re-edit the video i made on Flycatcher. Let me know what you feel about this kind of mission review, i know is a bit unusual that's why i'm asking. Thank you.

[url=
Beaten Dog on Arma 2 by Outlawz. Unfortunately the Battle of Somato sounds went out of sync so it got messed up for me to edit. I guess I can still use the action of montage.

http://youtu.be/dtofi3dkmjY
Nice videos. Alias, I like the concept of your video. It's nice to start with the actual mission and then get back to the briefing. Puts things into context. Phantom, If you are leading you can see if you have an engineer in the team by checking your command bar. A unit with a yellow wrench (or a jagged wheel?) means it's an engineer.?
(05-27-2014, 08:24 AM)Variable link Wrote:Nice videos. Alias, I like the concept of your video. It's nice to start with the actual mission and then get back to the briefing. Puts things into context. Phantom, If you are leading you can see if you have an engineer in the team by checking your command bar. A unit with a yellow wrench (or a jagged wheel?) means it's an engineer.?

Yeah, I really liked the video, well done, and the editing is really cool.

Thanks for the god rating, too Big Grin

By the way, you say in the comment that you want feedback on the rating system: I'd suggest to make some of the points weigh more than others... For example, the "fun factor" and "hardcore factor" should not weigh as much as the mission design and performance... .. so, I'd suggest taken mission design and mission performance twice and divide the total score by 8, not 6...

Just a suggestion...
(05-27-2014, 11:04 AM)Varanon link Wrote:By the way, you say in the comment that you want feedback on the rating system: I'd suggest to make some of the points weigh more than others... For example, the "fun factor" and "hardcore factor" should not weigh as much as the mission design and performance... .. so, I'd suggest taken mission design and mission performance twice and divide the total score by 8, not 6...

To be honest i feel bad about the TOP now... i've played so many good missions... Somethimes doesn't make sense to differentiate between missions, some are better for firefights, some for sneaking, some for Coop, each is the best on something and you cannot compare apples with oranges...

Fun Factor is hard to achieve in ARMA, if is on purpose can break the game, most of the funny things i saw were involuntary due the engine faults, glitches or things like this... For instance in a MassAsters mission a civilian stole our truck and run over the mines we planted Smile fortunatelly 2 or 3 mines were enough to stop him, we had enough explosives left to do the job.
So Fun Factor is something i would remove now, that's why is 1 most of the time. A Compeling Factor would've been more appropiate, but that is included in Mission Design...

What can i say... i learn as i works on this project.

Think of this TOP as a way to identify a certain type of missions more than a hierarchical list.
Sometimes when we evaluate a mission our mood counts, the company we have, the outcome, the way we perform, mind or physical state, is pretty subjective, is just an educated opinion after all.
So my goal is to hel others with same expectations to find missions they could enjoy.

Hardcore factor is important for us and for me, i hate COD or BF feeling ginven by missions with infinite respawn and virtualammo boxes all over the place. Hardcore is basically what characterizes this TOP the most, is a key element, that's why it weights so much. Is true that is nothing creative in it but is a sort of mark for all missions we play and will be included in the final package.

Your suggestions for the rating system are welcomed and i'll think about and mostly about how can i change it without breaking what we've done until now.

I'm thining that for the missions in first 10 spots not  to give ratings anymore... dunno, i could really use your help here.
Alias, I think the hardcore factor is the most problematic up until now, because you play on regular (or caded?) missions that were clearly designed for more challenging AI. Take for example Outlawz7's Medical Leave mission. We had fierce firefights when we played that mission on the CiA server, but in your video review there are hardly any resistance at all. That's perfectly fine, but the difficulty is so customizable in Arma, starting from the mission design, to the server's parameters, that there is hardly any common ground to grade hardcore in fairness. By the way, it affects the fun factor as well, because a mission with skilled and aggressive AI can turn out to be very lame and boring on low AI settings.

My suggestion to you is this. Do not feel obligated to what you have done until now. If you come up with a new rating system, just switch to it. Don't let past work affect your current work.
@Variable

We play with mission defaults, we don't tweak with server settings. In some missions AI turns and head shot us in a split of a second, in some AI acts pretty dumb. For instance we have now like 15 missions close to impossible to finnish, we have to keep at leat 400 m from enemies and they still get head shots.

I think the best way to do this is to use your server settings so we balance the missions.

As for reseting the rating system i think you have a point, i'll speak with the others and will be cool to work with you guys as well since you have much more experience than me in ARMA.
I started to play A3 few months ago, i was reluctant to switch from A2 to A3 for a while. Also i didn't have time to play too much ARMA until last year until then i was more a casual player dealing with Domination type of missions.

So, i could come back with a new rating system and submit it for your suggestions, then once we have the new system we could create a sort of pol on your forums for each mission, and everyone involved can rate. Of course i'll give CiA credit in my videos. I can do this without any hold back cuz you play and enjoy same type of missions as us.

How it sounds for you?
Sounds good.
(05-27-2014, 06:45 AM)Phantom link Wrote:Beaten Dog on Arma 2 by Outlawz. Unfortunately the Battle of Somato sounds went out of sync so it got messed up for me to edit. I guess I can still use the action of montage.

For whatever reason, all of your videos always come out with the wrong aspect ratio for me, they always look squished. Am I the only one?
No his videos always look like this.
I keep forgetting to change 3D Model texture thingy in Arma 2 back to 1920x1080 since I ran my editor windowed mode and sometimes i switch to full screen really quick and it changes the resolution into something weird. I think thats the problem. I just changed it back though I forget once in a while (makes some guys look weird). I can tolerate graphics out of order too well for my own good that I don't notice...
[url=
For me all video is desync. Your video editor doesnt give you the option to split audio and move it back and forth in relation with video?
No, I use crappy Windows movie maker. I blame it on the desync
(05-29-2014, 06:59 PM)Variable link Wrote:No, I use crappy Windows movie maker. I blame it on the desync

I had same problems after the nvidia update when i forget to uncheck their crappy HD audio driver and i'm using ShadowPlay. I lost 5 hours of recordings like this and had a lot of trouble syncing audio in other situations.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49