Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: [CiA] Youtube Videos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
I also just realized that we didn't comment on Etzu's mission page! Please rate and comment guys - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=foehammer

That's so weird Variable I didn't hear you at all  :o don't know what happened there. I saw Gwyn down on the stairs and reported to our medic. I don't think I ever heard the voices of anyone in your team during the mission
(04-13-2015, 10:16 AM)McGregor link Wrote:I don't think I ever heard the voices of anyone in your team during the mission
Oh? I thought I set my voice accidentally on whisper...
(04-13-2015, 10:17 AM)Variable link Wrote:Oh? I thought I set my voice accidentally on whisper...

I don't know it might have been that. Damn whisper, I wish it could be disabled in config as it's not really useful in PvE. Great meme material though
Now that I've watched the video, looks like I didn't hear half the orders as well. For example when you asked me and Val on top of the tower, are you engaged? We both ignored you completely, I'm pretty sure we both couldn't hear it.

I've seen this happen before with Variable in at least 1 mission, I could see your lips moving, but no sound coming out, and I have a feeling it's more likely to be your connection or mic, than whisper.
(04-13-2015, 12:05 PM)Gwynbleidd link Wrote:I've seen this happen before with Variable in at least 1 mission, I could see your lips moving, but no sound coming out, and I have a feeling it's more likely to be your connection or mic, than whisper.

Alwarren also reminded me several times that I was transmitting, but he couldn't hear it.
(04-13-2015, 12:05 PM)Gwynbleidd link Wrote:Now that I've watched the video, looks like I didn't hear half the orders as well. For example when you asked me and Val on top of the tower, are you engaged? We both ignored you completely, I'm pretty sure we both couldn't hear it.

I've seen this happen before with Variable in at least 1 mission, I could see your lips moving, but no sound coming out, and I have a feeling it's more likely to be your connection or mic, than whisper.

Maybe I have a general problem with my equipment but last night I think it was more of a version mismatches of CBA and TFAR radio since I recall you had your TFAR keys reset. As of last night, the server was still on the old CBA and TFAR. Updated today.

If that happens again (lips moving but no sound) please let me know in real time.
I use default radio keys (no clue if cba reseted anything, could be) but looks like "T" is used for transmitting via alternate channel, and I'm using "T" for compass, so I had to quickly ditch the alternate channel, in order to not transmit whenever I call out contacts.

Regarding lips moving, didn't see it last night (wouldn't even know I missed so many orders, if I didn't watch your video). It was on one of Outlawz7's mission where we needed to clear the area with FIA, early morning, we were in some ditch with tall grass. Anyway, your sound came almost immediatedly after we reported the problem, so it's not a big deal (doesn;t last long), but enough to make confusion sometimes Smile
I see. Also bear in mind that lip movement sometimes get stuck after the speaker finished talking with TFAR, I saw that several times. In any case, last night was the first time for me to notice iresponsiveness of recipients in direct talk. I get it a lot in LR, transmission, but I still refer that to recipient leader not paying attention or too busy to respond.
Have to post just one more time, even though I'm probably getting annoying Big Grin

I'm 100% it was not just due to TFAR lip movement, since you were trying to get me and Outlawz7 to follow you to flank the enemies, and kinda started going without us, until we asked you to repeat since we only saw your lips moving.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's might be problem with your connection upload (especially if you have people with phones connected on your wifi, or just your isp not delivering what he is supposed to).
Since usually if upload speed is under heavy load, people get weird robotic sounds (i remember you having these a while ago, but haven't noticed lately) mixed with dropped words on ts/skype. But like i said, I'm just guessing, based on what I know.
Ok, I'll check that, please let me know the next time it happens.
I should really upload rambo misha hehe, I got that one recorded...
Prince of Persia - part 1

Nice one Alias.
Thanks man, was a nice mission.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49