Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: [CiA] Youtube Videos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
don't miss the ending Smile
Never stop in a middle of assault!

God I remember that one. I was yelling my lungs out to direct the medic to me, but for whatever reason, he didn't find me in time -_-
(05-19-2015, 01:13 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:God I remember that one. I was yelling my lungs out to direct the medic to me, but for whatever reason, he didn't find me in time -_-

I sometimes think ArmA should display a big red arrow above whoever's said "I need a medic" to make up for the fact that you can't really use their voice to guide you towards them, as you would IRL.

Why? First, TFAR voice is directional. It's not perfect, but good enough to locate someone. Second, USE mk4 HUD!!!!!! just activate it and look around you to locate the name of the unit calling for help. If it's close enough, the name will be visible.
(05-19-2015, 02:29 PM)Variable link Wrote:Why? First, TFAR voice is directional. It's not perfect, but good enough to locate someone. Second, USE mk4 HUD!!!!!! just activate it and look around you to locate the name of the unit calling for help. If it's close enough, the name will be visible.

I can't say I've ever found TFAR to be very directional. I didn't even think nkey had implemented surround for it yet but it might just be my Audio Processing Disorder which makes virtual surround not very effective for me.

I do tend to use mk4 HUD to locate people but if you don't recognise the voice of the person who shouts "I'm injured" you have to go through an unrealistic routine of asking the person to give you their name and even when you do recognise someone's voice, it's still not as easy as IRL, where someone shouts, you turn towards the sound and see them waving frantically at you Wink
(05-19-2015, 04:54 PM)doveman link Wrote:I can't say I've ever found TFAR to be very directional. I didn't even think nkey had implemented surround for it yet but it might just be my Audio Processing Disorder which makes virtual surround not very effective for me.

We've tested it, and it is actually working, although I have to say the effect was much more pronounced in the previous version.

Quote:I do tend to use mk4 HUD to locate people but if you don't recognise the voice of the person who shouts "I'm injured" you have to go through an unrealistic routine of asking the person to give you their name and even when you do recognise someone's voice, it's still not as easy as IRL, where someone shouts, you turn towards the sound and see them waving frantically at you Wink

That's why I added the highlighting to Mk4 HUD, when someone uses a radio or speaks in local, his name will be highlighted Wink
(05-19-2015, 06:41 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:We've tested it, and it is actually working, although I have to say the effect was much more pronounced in the previous version.

That's why I added the highlighting to Mk4 HUD, when someone uses a radio or speaks in local, his name will be highlighted Wink
That, and if one don't recognize the voices TS overlay can be used.
Great videos, Variable!
Credit goes to our beloved mission makers Smile
Operation Ultio Obtingens is rendering now!
(05-19-2015, 01:13 PM)Alwarren link Wrote:God I remember that one. I was yelling my lungs out to direct the medic to me, but for whatever reason, he didn't find me in time -_-

I think there may have been an issue with you being in the other 'group' and mk4 that might've not seen you because of that and not being in the medic's vicinity.

I remember those moments being very crazy and with attention span focused on the road vs enemies more.

After watching other's prespectives, I have to brush up on my radio communications more.  :-[

That was such an awesome mission...

Great videos, Variable! I'm sipping my morning coffee and watching CiA in action! Are you using a sound mod, Variable?

I took the liberty of linking the Versus video to the Steam workshop page, thanks!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=384399372
hehe Fuiba, thanks for the feedback, that's a good reason to put the time into making them.
(05-30-2015, 09:06 AM)Fuiba link Wrote:Are you using a sound mod, Variable?
I'm not sure if on this one I was using it, but lately I use MegaSound. So it's either that or nothing.

(05-30-2015, 09:06 AM)Fuiba link Wrote:I took the liberty of linking the Versus video to the Steam workshop page, thanks!
By all means! I'm honored.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49