Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: DCS: World
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
(01-12-2016, 09:52 AM)Sithis link Wrote:[...]which turned out was not true, but when Unnamed ate all of their eight missles in one go we had no more AA opposing us.

I want to note I evaded 7 (and I don't know how) and took one hit... which unfortunately damaged my engines beyond restart.. well they did restart but as soon as i tried to get some power from them they died again.

well the second mission wasn' too bad, just the trucks paint sceme was about the same as the ground texture ^^

yea the third one... its hard to find single infantry in a forrest... maybe we should have a few cluster bombs or gbu 31 gbu 10 oder something in this way after the cargo planes land xD not fair, but it would probably work xD.
Given the circumstances in the second mission probably a afac a10 with only the gun and some external tanks and a lightning pod would be sufficient.  Maybe an unguided rocket pod or two for illum,  marking,  and some He.  As you were able to draw fire without being hit I should be able to spot the targets and Mark them for you and in doubt shoot them with the gun
You are turning down cbu 105s  :o whats wrong mate are you not feeling well or something???
xD nope, but having a cbu105 would make your presence questionable xD why have fighters do bombing runs when there is a attack plane in the area that does carry enough ordonance to take out the whole camp alone ^^
Love the video Variable. Actually learned a thing or too Smile (And that mustache man, that guy must get aaaall the ladies^^)
Night Gunslinger
Couldn't see anything but the big tents and houses at the AO, bit of a problem. I'm generally all for more night-time missions, or really anything thats not just sunshine-clear-sky summer afternoon flying. So in short, more variety Smile

Draken missions
I really need more practice using the MiG21, provided that I know where the target is I can hit it with guns and rockets, bombs are a different story...
Last saturdays Fishbed missions really were all about professionalism for me...forgetting to setup my nav-instruments in one mission, not latching the canopy in another (and subsequently flying 'convertible') and finally landing at the wrong airport in the last one... at least I made a few kills, so wasn't completely useless :/
The missions are cool though, looking forward to the next. Seeing targets was a problem though. A common problem last saturday...

Summer's End
Like Sithis already said, again with the 'seeing targets'...
It took way longer then I thought it would because of this. I'm also a bit bummed that the initial loadout (wing tanks and travel pods) was gone for some reason.
Well, we made it anyways, and the sunrise was spectacular Smile
I fixed the things we talked about (as far as I could), but I would call it done, all the triggers worked and Rhino41 was safed Smile I promise bigger targets for the next missions

And to loop back to the 'art of the kill' video, here's some applied BFM (looking your way Sithis)

Can't wait to use that plane in coop, hope it gets finished soon Smile
About SEAD, wildweasels and what Unnamed did last saturday:

""You gotta be sh*#@ing me!" This immortal phrase was uttered by Captain Jack Donovan when the Wild Weasel concept was first explained to him. "You want me to fly in the back of a little tiny fighter aircraft with a crazy fighter pilot who thinks he's invincible, home in on a SAM site in North Vietnam, and shoot it before it shoots me?""

Also a video by Bio. AKA that guy[Image: f5c8f67f25a49b605e8090bdca78c40c.jpg]

And one more thing: Formation tight! (aka 'Dockchrchrchrc')[Image: Screen_160110_021644.jpg][Image: Screen_160110_021745.jpg]
[Image: Screen_160110_005020.jpg]
(01-12-2016, 10:21 PM)Manuel link Wrote:Couldn't see anything but the big tents and houses at the AO, bit of a problem. I'm generally all for more night-time missions, or really anything thats not just sunshine-clear-sky summer afternoon flying. So in short, more variety Smile

Draken missions
I Seeing targets was a problem though. A common problem last saturday...

I got the M257(illum rocket with parachute) 80% figured out, they just keep popping a few hundred meters short of the target, just not illuminating the intended target.

for the draken mission , if sithis puts in an AFAC A-10 with smokes should be easy for me to mark targets for you with WP.

also trying to figure out the M257 I noticed you can set the temperature, maybe low temperature would help spot vehicles and infantry until they fix the thermal vision of the targeting pod.
and before we forget it

DCS NIGHT. THIS SATURDAY 1900 UTC.

To get you into the mood

Just found it, great view of the A10C cockpit in action
Alright gents,

another night of big explosions and torn off wings.

We started in Vietnam with way to strong winds. Apart from the wind situation I tried to go for a more realistic assymetrical siege situation. So this was kind of an experiment. Im really interested in hearing how you guys liked it.

So we played two more missions from Manuels A-10c campaign, which took us about 3 or 4 hours, which was great. There is a lot of depth to the missions so far and good use of triggers. I really like it that they have a lot of narrative in them even if I sometimes miss a detail or two  Tongue .

I also love the low tech approach. Spotting remains the big issue however. Playing around with the editor today I noticed that it really helps placing the units in specific locations. Like only place units in fields that are completely covered in snow and only on tarmac when at the airport.
Not the most realistic approach, but it helps against the endless searches. Maybe hide a AAA or two close by in a difficult spot to ramp up the difficulty.
Also splitting one big force up into several smaller groups might be a good way to adjust difficulty, enabling the flight to engage smaller groups at a time instead of facing "flak so thick you could walk on it".

However the missions in this campaign so far have been challenging, you needed to stay focused and coordinated, and I like that. Looking forward to part 4. (RIPPLE RIPPLE RIPPLE)

The number 4 mission in the Draken campaign was again more a testbed for the A-10+Mig21 system and the spotting of ground units on snow. Both worked well until me and Manuel fucked up in formation. Since it is a short mission I would just like to replay it with Manuel doing the run in. Also what do you guys think about hot starting the AFAC?

The final mission was Ka50+ 2 Uh-1. I tried to apply the Bactria style of tasking to helicopters and it let to a supprising amount of firework. Having the different helicopter types work together was key, but I noticed that it mostly relies on the Ka-50 driver waiting for the right moment. Any ideas how we could let the UH-1s have a bigger part in the decision making cycle? Is that even necessary considering how quickly situations like that turn close and personal?
The wind in the first mission was quite challenging, i dont know how you got that far that quick... on the other hand manuel and me stopped quite frequently to surpress enemy positions shooting at you.

The campain missions were great, even though it was a lot of searchinf single units again, but then we managed to use the illum rockets successfully, which were quite helpfull in the second mission to find the aa vehicles at the airport. After 4 passes against the airport AAA I decided to RTB since both MFCD were black now and also I had some big holes in my plane. landing was a little chalenging sine th plane started to roll when I deployed my flaps, but was fun too and i managed to only block the northern half of the runway and get repairs. finding the last AAA vehicle with sithis was really hard, but after doing some circles we found the last not yet scorched AAA which unfortunately sawed off Sithis's wing causing hin to crash almost directly into it. having a nice big black marker right next to the AAA helped a lot when I started pumping half of my gun ammo into the AAA at maximum range. When the convoys neared the airport I went into low circles arround the airport and was able to talk the other two in for attacks on infantry arround the airport.
I really want to know how that Conflict escalates on.

in the draken 4 mission it took me a moment to realise that the target wehere standing in the snowy field which I had disregarded as too obvious xD. i think hot starting would have helped to enable me taking the AA out before you guys arrived..
also even though the osa were visible as a white dot in the black field the maverick didn't lock on to them until I was at 6 miles out resulting in them firing at me, but I was lucky because my countermeasure computer decided to popp chaff against IR rockets.

the last mission was some nice fireworks and most targets where quickly destroyed.
and i managed to proove that you can shoot down another chopper with the huey at extreme range.... i probably would not be able to do that on purpose and with a hostile chopper xD
Saturday 1900UTC is DCS time.

Just a reminder  Wink
I will probably be late tomorrow
[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/147887013[/vimeo]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47