Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: DCS: World
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
(01-16-2017, 11:45 PM)Manuel Wrote: [ -> ]And part 2, since I cant add both to the same post it seems...

just preordered it, hoping that i will be able to play in feburar ... luckily by the time I get ht echance to try it sithis should be able to teach me how to handle it xD
Well I am pretty excited for the Viggen., but until then:

Who is going to fly on Saturday 2000A?
I'm afraid I'm grounded for a while. After ~6 years a part of my stick gave up on me Sad

Fortunatelly the mechanical components of the warthog are all relatively simple, with the help of my dad (a toolmaker) it should be possible to replace the fatigued plastic part with a more durable aluminium part. I'll document the fix if you are interested...
I would love to see that documented, .... not only because it saves my wathog to be taken apart by me merely out of interest xD
Makes me glad my X-52 still works after nearly ten years :|

Although I envy all you richt kids with your Warthogs Big Grin
(01-18-2017, 08:32 PM)Varanon Wrote: [ -> ]Makes me glad my X-52 still works after nearly ten years :|

btw when will you be joining us Wink
(01-19-2017, 12:41 AM)Sithis Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-18-2017, 08:32 PM)Varanon Wrote: [ -> ]Makes me glad my X-52 still works after nearly ten years :|

Still trying to figure out the damn A-10, and honeslty considering buying a Warthog as well, but that damn thing cost 320 Euro...
(01-19-2017, 01:27 AM)Varanon Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2017, 12:41 AM)Sithis Wrote: [ -> ]

Still trying to figure out the damn A-10, and honeslty considering buying a Warthog as well, but that damn thing cost 320 Euro...

I got the whole week and the next one off. So if you want some help figuring out the A10 we could do a quick training session. I bet you will be bringing rounds and missiles on target within 30 minutes.
To spare unnamed the trouble of taking his stick apart:

[Image: g2F05Pw.jpg]
This is about as far as you can take it apart without removing the base plate. The black semi-sphere is where the actual stick is attached.

[Image: TFjIs43.jpg]
This black plastic ring 'floats' on the four aluminium cylinders. It is pressed down by a big spring (see pictures below) which in term presses down on the stick-base-sphere-thing, which centers the stick.
This is the part that needs to be replaced, you can see how it cracks all around at the screw-holes. The effect is that the stick doesn't center properly anymore. At this stage it is severe enough that the stick is basically not useable anymore Sad

[Image: 6eFQC9z.jpg]
Thats the big spring I mentioned above. It presses down onto the black plastic ring and therefore centers the stick.

[Image: zD15t5L.jpg]
That metall plate on top is just the top cover that you see when it is fully assambled. It is screwed onto the four aluminium cylinders visible in the first picture. Therefore it keeps the spring down so that it can do its job. I left out the side-cover, usually all this would be hidden behind a black cylinder. That black part on top of the metall plate is usually covered by a silver ring, I didn't bother to put it back on yet.

It will take a while until I can fix it. I'll have to drive home to my parents place this weekend to bring my dad the broken part. He should be able to build a copy out of aluminium. I'm hoping that I have the part by the weekend after this one.
Designer of the A-10 talks about the design goals of the aircraft
The Warthog stick, like the A-10, looks like a pretty sturdy piece

I'm so tempted to buy one -_-
Okay people, since we are thin in numbers I made this document so we can vote and schedule our coops at least while Sithis is here (I have feeling we would not be so regular once he away again. 

So you can vote here for your favorite DCS CiA coop time:
http://doodle.com/poll/hqnp6yw8enkppywz

I cannot attend this Saturday but I will mark my possible dates and times in this document.
nice pictures of the interiors of the stick.
what are the measurements ot that plastic ring ?  , I guess its smaller stan 120mm in diameter and 10mm in height (or 15), is that correct ?  (that would be my limitation for making a replacement).
I hope you will have your stick back in working condition soon
Unnamed, you signed in but have put no times that suit you, does that mean that you cannot play?

Talking about $350 sticks, my wife would hang me by the balls if I bought that.
(01-19-2017, 10:46 PM)Misha Wrote: [ -> ]Unnamed, you signed in but have put no times that suit you, does that mean that you cannot play?

Talking about $350 sticks, my wife would hang me by the balls if I bought that.

unfortunately
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47